Possible Button layout from the demo ( According to Verendus from Neogaf)

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
I'd love for that to be true (namely the attack, defense and jump things), but to me it seems more like a wishful thinking list. Especially because the consensus now is that no weapon can be selected in battle, just create a deck before and they contextually switch. But it might be a translation/misunderstanding issue, sure.

But as I've said (muuuultiple times, my main concern is the character switching being seemingly gone. You guys think it's true, or that is something only for the TGS demo? And do you also think they can clarify this one of these days?

I think that's a very big deal, I don't know. That alone is crushing my 8-year old dreams :(

Starlord

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 14, 2014
Springfield, Massachusetts
I'd love for that to be true (namely the attack, defense and jump things), but to me it seems more like a wishful thinking list. Especially because the consensus now is that no weapon can be selected in battle, just create a deck before and they contextually switch.

But as I've said (muuuultiple times, my main concern is the character switching being seemingly gone. You guys think it's true, or that is something only for the TGS demo? And do you also think they can clarify this one of these days?

I think that's a very big deal, I don't know.
Of course this may not be the exact button layout, it makes the most sense, when you really sit down and analyze the demo.

Character switching not there anymore? Doubt it, every FF game "including FFXIII" you can control every playable character in some way or form. FFXV will not be an exception to this. Like I said before I feel the translations for the article are mistranslated/bad wording etc.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
Let's hope for a clarification and that he was just refering to the demo.

Hopefully people are making lots of noise on Twitter (I've seen a few) and ask S-E to clarify the party members aspect. Just clarifying that shouldn't be too hard, it would calm down a lot of people (me included of course :s).

And now that you say that, I think I've seen some guys that know Japanese that the word used to talk about pressing/holding attack is different to the one refering to the defense stance. Maybe you can use both, I don't know.

Starlord

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 14, 2014
Springfield, Massachusetts
The 4Gamer article says exactly what people have been saying. You can only control Noctis but it doesn't say if you can switch characters or not.
Of course, people will believe any interview that comes their way XD. I still feel the article was either mistranslated/bad wording/Writer's assuming things/ or only focusing on a key feature of the game, but not saying anything about tapping.

When you look at the demo ( like really analyze it) and see the article some things don't add up. There are times where Noct only attacks or dodges once then runs away then comes back. and there are times where he does 6-7 attacks in a row before dodging or running away.

There is a "mix" of button holding and button mashing.

Last edited:

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
http://67.227.255.239/forum/showthread.php?t=898355&page=36

- Only controlled Noctis, but final game will allow control of characters other than Noctis. No demonstration of this.

L2 = Magic (+ either Triangle, Circle, Square, or X)
L1 = Weapon Switch Mechanic
R2 = Teleport (or different unique ability for other characters)
R1 = Switch Playable Character
Triangle = Limit Break / Special Attack
Square = Request Ally Assist
Circle = Attack / Enter (for Item or Summon Menu)
X = Defend / Cancel (for Item or Summon Menu)
L3 = Movement
R3 = Camera
D-Pad:
Up = Cover
Left = Access Item Menu (off UI)
Right = Access Summon Menu (off UI)
Down = Taunt...

Please be true, please be true, PLEASE BE TRUE!!!

How often has Verendus been correct about things?​

Jun 7, 2014
Poland

Please be true, please be true, PLEASE BE TRUE!!!

How often has Verendus been correct about things?​
I like how you conveniently forgot about this line:
The above control scheme is what I kind of imagined.
:chocowalk:
Who is Verendus? He sounds popular.
He's a neogaf user and supposedly an "industry insider". He's also saying that FF7 remake is already underway.