Record Keeper is inconsistent for V & VI

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
For Final Fantasy V, Record Keeper is using the iOS/Android version for the screenshots/thumbnails but for Final Fantasy VI it is using an older version. Final Fantasy VI's screenshots for when you select a dungeon even have the usual 4:3 black bars.

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
And Nintendo sadly doesn't care about SNES games any more.
One -- Not everything has to be available on current hardware. Ebay exists.
Two -- Emulators exist, and FF6's SNES version is available on the Nintendo eShop and stuff as well. It's around.

What about the GBA version ?
The GBA version is pretty good, but it features a polarizing (technically better, but perhaps with less soul) translation and the music is quite a bit worse. If you don't have access to a SNES, or one of the Wii family of consoles it's the next most desirable version though, as the PS1 version is bad on a multitude of other levels.

(Original:
GBA:
)

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
One -- Not everything has to be available on current hardware. Ebay exists.
Two -- Emulators exist, and FF6's SNES version is available on the Nintendo eShop and stuff as well. It's around.

The GBA version is pretty good, but it features a polarizing (technically better, but perhaps with less soul) translation and the music is quite a bit worse. If you don't have access to a SNES, or one of the Wii family of consoles it's the next most desirable version though, as the PS1 version is bad on a multitude of other levels.

(Original:
GBA:
)
Think I'll just play the Android version when I get my new phone for Mobius. I'd rather not go back to my DS Lite. Lol.

Flash Over

Chocobo Knight
Mar 7, 2015
NL, Canada
Think I'll just play the Android version when I get my new phone for Mobius. I'd rather not go back to my DS Lite. Lol.
I've been sticking with the mobile port, as well. It doesn't look THAT bad, the sound quality is better than it's ever been, and it has the extra content from the GBA version

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Lol. I thought Tokita and his team did a great job.
Well "Tokita and his team" didn't do anything innovative with on screen 2D controls. They're the same controls that any 2D emulator or whatever on iOS/Android is like. It's no fault of anyone from SE, it's the fact that mobile phones DON'T offer a rich gameplay experience. The lack of feedback when using on-screen controls makes it difficult to navigate without getting caught up on things when using the d-pad.

I'd rather just use a physical controller and spare myself the headaches of virtual controls.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
The art on the iOS ports of the 2D games is utter vomit, and I won't deal with it.
I forgot to mention that as well, why not stick with the classic look that is already established? Instead they create smoothed pixel art which is another way of saying "complete shit" or "utter vomit" as you said.