Regarding the DLC, there's an obvious trend we might be able to see in game.

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
The fact that there are some places not exploreable on the world map. Each main character has something weird happen to them in Lucis (Gladio), Accordo (Ignis), and Niflheim (Prompto) respectively. In each place, we are prevented from going somewhere specifically that the map may or may not contain in later updates. Lucis technically has Galahd to the north of Cleigne. Altissia has a ton of it not really up for exploration, including the region of Ravattriice, which is on the cliffs surrounding the city. Niflheim is barely exploreable, but it looks like Cartanica, Tenebrae, and Gralea have some areas that should be exploreable. Either that or he goes through some snow town after he gets tossed off the train.

Now whether you feel they did do this on purpose (I feel like some plot lines were cut short because of it) or not is another story, but this is my take on it. They did say that they want to open up the map even more and add more content. I'm just hoping that this expends to the entire party when you take control of them as well. I also hope the DLCs focus on the bros relationship with Noctis before the story, similar to brotherhood. I think a little exploration in Insomnia would be great as well (obviously not all of it). Perhaps the insomnia story gets completed fiully after playing all 3.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
The character DLCs were definitely done intentionally. I feel like they need to recoup costs and that's how they wanted to do it with DLC. It will be worth it for the unique play style of each character while also unlocking them to be played in the full game which is definitely something to look forward to.

Overall though, the game suffers from lack of substance in many areas, not just these. Unfortunately, the game really could have used some more love in the way of time and money to realize its full potential. SE can't afford that though, so I'm looking forward to seeing future updates to the game and how that will ultimately shape XV as a whole.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Hey Paperchampion23 I talked to you on gamefaqs in regards to tw3 updates and expansions xD

As LeonBlade said, I'm looking forward to any additions content that they will be adding to the game.

Great game but it does lack substance in many areas like you said. Seeing as they have so many DLC episodes planned, it's safe to say that they're going to be supporting and involving themselves in this game for years to come. By that time, they would be aware of the fans complaints about lack of story (if not already) and will probably address that since Tabata and team have demonstrated that they do indeed listen to feedback.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
When Gladio up and leaves the party for no reason whatsoever then comes back with the extra scar, it was obvious that that scene was supposed to allude to the DLC. But, my take on it was more that they added that disappearance to the story because they were going to make a DLC out of it, not that they cut that out of the main game to sell it separately. It makes a million times more sense that way. If there was no DLC planned, my guess is that it would just not have happened in the first place.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
Regarding Gladios original scars(not the one he gains for $$$dlc $$$ purposes)it is explained in three guide book how he got them:

scar he has on the eye is there because of a drunk guy (who lives in Insomnia) tried to attack Noctis,but Gladio came just before to take the hit. He did not attack the drunk tho,because the guy was a civilian.

I'm glad they had this in the guide book rather than mention or depict it the actually game. Because that would be good for character building and backstory and we can't have that. Nope.

AverageAfro

PSICOM Soldier
Aug 3, 2016
Regarding Gladios original scars(not the one he gains for $$$dlc $$$ purposes)it is explained in three guide book how he got them:

scar he has on the eye is there because of a drunk guy (who lives in Insomnia) tried to attack Noctis,but Gladio came just before to take the hit. He did not attack the drunk tho,because the guy was a civilian.

I'm glad they had this in the guide book rather than mention or depict it the actually game. Because that would be good for character building and backstory and we can't have that. Nope.
NGL, They didn't need to even explain the scar at all. We all have scars. Granted that's a large one, but people would complain that the scar explanation would have been shoe horned in. Which it would have because almost everyone we meet and converse with properly, already knows Gladio. Except Cindy, but I didn't get the feeling she'd be the type of person to pry into someones past.

So yet again. SE and BD2 are damned if they do, and damned if they don't.

Edit: In fact almost everyone would be able to tell that he's a soldier, he's wearing crowns guard digs, that I assume everyone from Hammer head to Lestallum would recognise. So they'd just rightly assume he got it protecting the prince.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1323493&page=1

well, this is really something lol

the bit about noctis killing luna but not remembering match the Omen trailer, which was said to be created around plot concepts.

this project is... fascinating, the bad an good parts (loving the game anyway, and hope to have the deleted content available later); im truly curious to see the "definitive" FFXV.

edit:

"The game had barely 3 years of development time."

84 meta, one more year and it would be 90 ;P

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016

the bit about noctis killing luna but not remembering match the Omen trailer, which was said to be created around plot concepts.

this project is... fascinating, the bad an good parts (loving the game anyway, and hope to have the deleted content available later); im truly curious to see the "definitive" FFXV.

edit:

I believe that bit was referring to the original heroine. She who shall not be named, lol.

This is what I mean, though, when people keep bringing up the Nomura's Vision stuff. I firmly believe that version would have been equally hated, if only because them showing so many context-free scenes so early on that absolutely NOTHING would ever be able to compete with the fans' individual imaginations. They set themselves up for that 10 years ago.

As for the rest of it, I mean, it's hard to full-on trust any 4chan anon, but it rings true enough and isn't rife with hyperbole and nonsense. I'm taking it at face value until there's reason not to. And it fits the final product quite well. It sucks, man, but that's life. There are deadlines. I'd much rather they shoot for the stars and fall a little short than deliver consistenly mediocre stuff, though.

That they're willing to keep on working in overtime for it is fine by me. I play all of these games more than once anyway, and usually wait for the second run to try to understand fully wtf is going on anyway, so if I'm lucky, some of those holes could be filled by the time I do my second run.

NGL, They didn't need to even explain the scar at all. We all have scars. Granted that's a large one, but people would complain that the scar explanation would have been shoe horned in.
Funny you mention this, because if that leak is to be believed, it confirms what I suspected about those scenes, that they added them in because they were going to add DLC, not like important content cut out because they wanted to sell it instead.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
In all seriousness, though, while I think most Stella fans would have hated that concept from the leak, I actually think that could have been a really cool scenario. If done right, that could have been pretty cool.

Hynad

Yevonite
Sep 19, 2016
There's a chance the 3 character DLCs might focus on them after they split up during the 10 years before Noctis' return.

Or maybe that will be the Multi-player DLC...

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
There's a chance the 3 character DLCs might focus on them after they split up during the 10 years before Noctis' return.

Or maybe that will be the Multi-player DLC...
It's a good thing they haven't started on it yet imo.

Now that they're adding more stuff to the main story, they can be flexible with what should be in the main game, and what's going to be in the DLC.

I really want to know what happens to everyone during the 10 years but I think the DLC is gonna be during the times they disappeared during the game.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016

edit:

Just finished reading all that.

Holy shit... I don't know what to say tbh.

This game has such great potential. I swear if they kept a lot of that stuff in, the impact this game would have for this generation of gamers would have been equivalent to the impact ff7 had back then.

So the contract said they just had to get this game out in 2016 no matter what and a lot of great stuff was cut or not finished on time.

What a shame :(

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
NGL, They didn't need to even explain the scar at all.
Sorry but no.
The game needed some exposition from any scenarios and story beats available. This was a opportunity to show us more of Galdio's past and open up other events in relation to his character be it about Iris or his father.

I wouldn't mind if the game had already a good amount of events and scenarios but unfortunately it doesn't. The game begs for what story Galdio's scar situation holds, what story Ignis' blindness situation holds and what Prmoto's past with the Nifleheim empire has to reveal. The games is starving for this kind of content.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Apparently it was meant to "send other games running in panic".
Perhaps the final, finished, and complete product still might be able to.
It's only been 1-2 weeks post release and they have a year or more to improve it substantially.

Funny that you reference the Witcher 3 because the game as it is now is vastly different from what it was like upon initial release apparently.

So that should be a beacon of hope of sorts?

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
Yes it is different but not vastly. They tweaked on what was already a more than solid base game. It was icing on the cake

Unlike what is going on with XV. That's more like...er, putting meat on the bones I guess xD

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Lol point taken.

Either way, we can only wait and see what square are going to do with this game.

Their corporate politics is so stifling and restrictive it's absurd. I always knew that it had a hand in the troubled development.

Shame they don't realise that if they give the dev team full creative control they could make shitloads more money in the long term due to the game's popularity and critical reception.

Quality is where it's at. Deadlines and all that other shit reduce it. How can they not know this?

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Lol point taken.

Either way, we can only wait and see what square are going to do with this game.

Their corporate politics is so stifling and restrictive it's absurd. I always knew that it had a hand in the troubled development.

Shame they don't realise that if they give the dev team full creative control they could make shitloads more money in the long term due to the game's popularity and critical reception.

Quality is where it's at. Deadlines and all that other shit reduce it. How can they not know this?
They can only flexibelize their corporate politics so much as the shareholders can allow them.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
They can only flexibelize their corporate politics so much as the shareholders can allow them.
Yeah I know this as well.

That's the thing with public companies I've never liked. You're at the mercy of shareholders but the funding they provide is substantial.

Seeing as how the game shipped 5 million copies and that money went straight to SE, perhaps now they see that the game has enormous profitability potential.

Give devs more time and those profits will increase by a lot.