Resolving the Story as Easily as Possible- Spoilers w/ lots of video references

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Oct 2, 2016
I think about this a lot, as my post history suggests, and made the same post on the reddit boards. But check this. I was thinking back to Final Fantasy 7 when Cloud and Tifa enter the life-stream to resolve Cloud's past. This inspired the below.

I think there is a relatively straight-forward way to add a few things that would probably resolve the major difficulties with the story. All of them can be done in chapter 13 during Noctis' stay in the Crystal - known as "Reflection." I have provided a very pretentious estimate of how much work would be involved in each of these segments.

After speaking with Bahamut at the end of Chapter 13, Noctis enters the crystal:

1a. Explore Insomnia - Amount of Work (10/10) - We enter a gameplay scenario very similar to Platinum Demo, with Noctis as a child. We would be allowed to first explore the Lucis Castle and, preferribly, sections of the city of Insomnia during the day. Perhaps Noctis is lost and has to find his way back to the castle. The royalty is hard-at-work trying to find him as they are preparing for some big event that would require the Prince's presence. Ignis, Gladio, and Prompto find him in a "special place" that they would hang out at as kids. They return to Regis, and this engages a cutscene with Regis who shows tough love to him.

1b. Alternate Version Explore Insomnia - Amount of Work (6/10) - Just show us a cutscene of the above (1a).

2a. Dinner with Regis - Amount of Work (5/10) - Next scene is in the Lucis Castle, Regis and Noctis eating dinner, similar to what we saw in the trailers.
This would give us an opportunity to experience relationship-building with Regis and hear more about the lore of the game (Cystal, the wall, the role of the Lucian kings, and the responsibility that will fall on the shoulders of Noctis).

3a. Child Noctis Nearly Dies - (Amount of Work (6/10) - Next scene would be essentially equivalent of what happened in Brotherhood, with Noctis being attacked and nearly killed as a child.

4a. OPTIONAL - Cue Platinum Demo with Child Noctis in coma - Amount of Work (2/10) - this is just meant to be an exploration of Noctis' dream state

5a. Regis' and Bahamut's Omen - Amount of Work (1/10) - Cue Omen trailer or a version of it that fits better with the actual FFXV story - the tragic event of Noctis' near death triggers cosmic events, such as Bahamut (?) revealing to Regis the fate and responsibility of the young prince.
Bahamut then refuses to let the young Prince die and grants him respite by telling Regis to go to Tenebrae.

6a. Luna & Noctis Play in the Blue Flower Field - Amount of Work (6/10) - Cue one more cut-scene with Noctis and Luna playing together as children in that Blue-flower field of Tenebrae. https://youtu.be/IcUSXub_ypU?t=9s

7a. Dawn Trailer - Amount of Work (1/10) - Cue Dawn Trailer with Noctis in the arms of a Brooding Regis staring up to the sky filled with silhouettes of past Lucian protectors. "A Father could not but Mourn his Destiny" - https://youtu.be/FXMJTGna_xA

8a. Ardyn's Past, Ifrit and the Conflict of Astrals - Amount of Work (8/10) - Cue scene showing something of Ardyn. If a long scene can be done, show us 2-3 minutes of how Ardyn started off as an ambitious yet good-hearted king, and how he devolves into darkness to begin awakening the Starscourge.

9a. Noctis Remembers - Amount of Work (1/10) - Flash a scene of the Brothers. Flash an omen of Insomnia falling partly because of Ardyn (see Kingsglaive movie). Flash remembrance of Luna's murder by Ardyn. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnD1_2YihQg At this point, all story arcs are resolved.

11a. Noctis Rises - Amount of Work (1/10) - Cue flashing to Noctis leaning against the Regalia, in reflection (implying he was remembering these events). https://youtu.be/-g1CwNw2i88?t=36s Cue Noctis walking towards the screen, now resolved to take on the Usurper. https://youtu.be/-g1CwNw2i88 Fade to white/black

12a. 10 Years Later - Amount of Work (0/10) - Cut back to reflection in the Astral realm. Then fade to 10 years later at Angelgard Prison. https://youtu.be/C-Sw3XeCyFc?t=4m12s

I think this would completely resolve the major story problems and perhaps turn this into the greatest, most epic game story ever. It may be a little ambitious but since most of these scenes have already been envisioned by the Anime I imagine it is do-able. Pardon the pretentiousness but I deeply care about the game.

Please, Tabata.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
I remember weeks ago reading from others theorizing plenty of potential story elements they could add within...
Noctis' sleeping inside the crystal.

I quite like the idea, good thread btw.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
@ultima786: I'd probably include the scenes directly related to Noctis or seen by him, but as to the rest I think a separate expansion for Ardyn and the Astrals would be best to dissect more of the background lore. I'd seriously like to know about the "stars" that birthed the Astrals who are "the power of the stars".

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
great thread, im really curious about what noctis had to experience to unlock the ring's true power; i imagine he had to confront a lot of fears and had to make peace with his tragic life and guilt (family dead, childhood love dead, he couldn't do nothing to avoid their deaths).

i wish we could see a bit more about his inner sadness during the game.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
great thread, im really curious about what noctis had to experience to unlock the ring's true power; i imagine he had to confront a lot of fears and had to make peace with his tragic life and guilt (family dead, childhood love dead, he couldn't do nothing to avoid their deaths).
Thing that isn't touched on at all that I'd like some extra info on: The Crystal's power and its accessories basically draw on the captured spirits of the dead, and all its goals require death. Didn't really realise it until a few days ago. Creepy.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Thing that isn't touched on at all that I'd like some extra info on: The Crystal's power and its accessories basically draw on the captured spirits of the dead, and all its goals require death. Didn't really realise it until a few days ago. Creepy.
yeah, it definitely feels reminiscent of Versus.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
The only objection I have with this proposal is that it would end up adding more "fat" (albeit a good one) to chapter 13 of the game while leaving the other 2 chapters before and after ch13 more thin in comparison.

Oct 2, 2016
The only objection I have with this proposal is that it would end up adding more "fat" (albeit a good one) to chapter 13 of the game while leaving the other 2 chapters before and after ch13 more thin in comparison.
i hear you, but if the game is longer and more fleshed-out, i think the chapter separations are arbitrary.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
well, the scene with noctis talking to bahamut happens in chapter 13, they could add fat to chapter 14 instead (begins with the reflection segment and continues with older noctis in galdin).