[Rumor] Tetsuya Nomura no longer working on FFVII Remake?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

xXShuyaXx

Forest Owl
May 25, 2016
CD Projekt owns the second biggest video game distribution service on PC after Steam, to be fair. They're an enormous company beyond games (And I can say this with at least some authority as I've been to their studio in person). They just don't have all the fat. CDP resembles Square circa the FF7 games, so hopefully they don't bloat and grow all the barnacles SE did.
While they are not small per-se, there is a large gap between SE and CDP. Speaking relatively, CDP is comparably much smaller, where they focus wholly on game development. One game at a time, H&R are very streamline this way. SE not only produces multiple different games per year, but they produce other media as well. Making H&R as hectic as the metropolitan Tokyo subway system.
Which I would say is a good comparison. CDP is like a streamline train track and SE is like the Tokyo subway system. Systematic yes, but takes a whole lot more effort just to keep everything running.

Not to say that CDP is small. They are in their own rights big, as they are of the international names leading the industry.

xXShuyaXx

Forest Owl
May 25, 2016
I wonder how Square compares to Sony because Sony is freaking huge and I'm just not talking about Sony's game department I'm talking about Sony as a whole. Sony is one of the richests companies in Japan. Imagine compare Square to Sony is like compare a mouse to a elephant.
Well you don't need to imagine to be honest. Because it's quite exactly that. If not comparing a elephant to a ant. Sony does pretty much everything that SE does and more.

Just to make it clear, here are the fiscal year reports for each company.

http://www.hd.square-enix.com/eng/ir/finance/financial_highlights.html
214 Billion yen
http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/library/fr/15q4_sony.pdf
8105 Trillion yen

Makes SE look like a baby//