Small question (regarding NC)

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Montgomery

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Mar 21, 2014
I just have to wonder why this particular piece of news wasn't covered on Nova Crystallis: http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/31/bravely-defaults-success-west-making-square-enix-rethink-jrpgs/

Now, don't get me wrong - I detest Siliconera (Ishaan especially is the epitome of fail), but looking at all the other articles NC has covered this one does seem suspiciously to be given an exclusionary treatment. I mean, Square Enix is thinking of looking back at the good old days for future content! That isn't good news worth reporting?

Kagari

神羅カンパニー社長
Administrator
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
United States
www.novacrystallis.com
I have been particularly busy. Not sure what reputation you are referring to but that particular piece of news is honestly a lot of empty promises until we see actual results. I didn't ignore it on purpose, I was just occupied with other work and none of the other staff were able to put it up.

Montgomery

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Mar 21, 2014
I have been particularly busy. Not sure what reputation you are referring to but that particular piece of news is honestly a lot of empty promises until we see actual results. I didn't ignore it on purpose, I was just occupied with other work and none of the other staff were able to put it up.
That's perfectly understandable. And as for reputation...? Well, I thought you guys were kind of aware of it, but it's mostly been spreading around Gamefaqs and Siliconera (oh, the hilarious irony). Accusations of you guys going overboard with policing the comments section; stuff like folks not even allowed to express anything remotely resembling a negative thought or opinion, at the risk of being lynched by either over zealous fanboys/girls or being modded, banned and deleted by the comment mods.

Rofl. I think the irony of this coming from Siliconera, of all imaginable cesspools, is not lost on you? ;)

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
I can't say I know about any of that, but people not being able to express negative opinion seems nuts to me considering NC gave LR a 5, and caught heat (in some ways you guys will never fully know about!) for it.

Sep 26, 2013
I can't say I know about any of that, but people not being able to express negative opinion seems nuts to me considering NC gave LR a 5, and caught heat (in some ways you guys will never fully know about!) for it.
Usually what gets people in trouble is how they present that opinion and how they react to one. Not so much the fact that they have a positive or negative opinion.

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
These situations are complex, and what Kagari posts on the site is ultimately her decision, obviously, but I don't think she's invested in fashioning a specific narrative either way. She's not afraid to call things good or bad as she sees them. She's rightly sceptical about the FF15 timing, imo, because we've been led up the garden path so many times before. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me, etc.

Montgomery

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Mar 21, 2014
Fool you thrice...? ;) I have...zero faith in FF15 for so many reasons, the announcement being one of them. But...why bring that up? =_= I'm talking about the horrible awful reputation this site has festered! Or something. And the supposed community repercussions that come with it. And...in a really weird sort of way, me pointing out a lacking article is kinda sorta one of them? Only, I'm way more ginger about it than the blood horde. ;)

You guys shouldn't have to censor your own opinions or thoughts. Hell, if you hated the living shit out of LR, don't mince it, and don't fear the horde! But all the same, don't be all fly-eyes over the comments section either.

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
Erren didn't mince it! And I only gave it one point more on RPG Site. The issue is just that, really - Erren hasn't minced it, so you have people who loved those games - which they are entitled to do - harbouring ill sentiment towards her, and the site, because of how vocal she's been about not really caring for the FF13 sequels, or being cautious about FF15. I think the fact she's a big fan of FF14 only compounds issues, as just as there was with FF11, there's a group of hardcore SP FF fans who don't regard the MMOs as real FFs.

Ultimately... it's all silly. NC has a particularly barbed, simplistic, no BS approach to things, and it runs off the basis of Erren's opinion. It's why I don't contribute there much; it's her site, it's her words. My opinions often differ to hers quite a bit, and don't fit as well. If people don't like the way she covers things, they don't have to visit - there's plenty more takes on FF news out there, including over on RPG Site, where we take a softer, more general approach..!