So what happened to the Omen trailer?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Oct 2, 2016
I didn't understand it and don't feel like these omen trailer symbols were actually a part of the game story.

1. What was that bit about the dog (pryna? Umbra?) becoming evil?

2. Why was Noctis seeing the empire soldiers everywhere and in the train? I thought it would be because he was slowly gonna see the people as enemies but that didn't pan out.

3. Why was Noctis fighting Luna? Becoming evil? The only possibility I can think of is that Noctis in the Omen trailer represents Ardyn, as his bloodline flows through him as well. But this seemed to have no beautiful consequence for the game story in the way the Omen trailer presented it.

4. Why was Luna mirroring Noctis?

5. Who was speaking to king Regis at the end about the death of "one"? Ardyn? Why has he seen "many deaths" and why only look forward to Noctis'? Or Luna?

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
1) "Pryna" symbolically acts as a guide for Noct who ends up not being what he thought it was. I'd say it represents Ardyn and his role as a "guide" who didn't really have Noct's best interests at heart even though following him seemed to be equivalent to following Luna.

2) The train is in Niflheim, so it probably reflects the MT soldiers really being corrupted Niflheim citizens.

3) Daemon Noct killed Luna with the Oracle trident. Symbolically, she's killed by her duty to him (even though he absolutely doesn't want that to happen).

4) They're actually heavily paralleled by the game as well. Luna walks Noct's path to sacrifice ahead of him; she sacrifices herself for the King just as the King must sacrifice himself for All.

5) One of the Lucii, presumably. They've been around for ages and have seen the deaths of generations, but they look forward to Noct's sacrifice because it represents the fulfillment of Noct's duty. (I actually said as much before the game released, given the vastly different dialogue in the Japanese translation which spoke of the King fulfilling his duty.)

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
I didn't understand it and don't feel like these omen trailer symbols were actually a part of the game story.

1. What was that bit about the dog (pryna? Umbra?) becoming evil?

2. Why was Noctis seeing the empire soldiers everywhere and in the train? I thought it would be because he was slowly gonna see the people as enemies but that didn't pan out.

3. Why was Noctis fighting Luna? Becoming evil? The only possibility I can think of is that Noctis in the Omen trailer represents Ardyn, as his bloodline flows through him as well. But this seemed to have no beautiful consequence for the game story in the way the Omen trailer presented it.

4. Why was Luna mirroring Noctis?

5. Who was speaking to king Regis at the end about the death of "one"? Ardyn? Why has he seen "many deaths" and why only look forward to Noctis'? Or Luna?
the description in the video says the trailer was based on original concepts of the plot; it doesn't reflect the game necessarily.

the bit about noctis fightning luna might be based on the original stella x noctis thing.