So, what happens after?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

chinparu48

Balamb Garden Freshman
Oct 4, 2013
I guess there is no answer, just in case I'll ask and maybe you guys have interesting theory. So the game ends with all of the group dead, Ardyn dead forever and Noctis and Luna saving the world and restoring the light back. So the Lucis Family is extinct with nobody to take over the Kingdom, same happens with Tenebrae (or do they just choose a new Oracle? Is an Oracle needed anymore?), and Niflheim. So we have a world where Altissia is the only nation with a leader?

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
we don't what happened after, but with noctis dead the caelum bloodline is pretty much extinct, unless the gods decide to choose another king and begin a new dinasty.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
From my understanding, the only place with people left is Lestallum and Hammerhead (Lucis)

Everywhere else was overtaken by daemons as said by Talcott since the daemons came in and took over when the Sun stopped rising.

Lestallum survived because the energy (electricity and light) provided by the power plant and meteor was strong enough to stop daemons from invading. Hammerhead I think Cindy used headlights and parts for auto cars to really crank up the light and keep daemons away too (she used such headlights for the Regalia so we can drive at night safely).

It's a very sad ending tbh. Not many humans left in the world, Royal bloodline of Lucis Caelum and Nox Fleuret being completely eradicated, no more Niflheim, no nothing.

The world begins completely anew.

Last edited:

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
From my understanding, the only place with people left is Lestallum and Hammerhead (Lucis)

Everywhere else was overtaken by daemons as said by Talcott since the daemons came in and took over when the Sun stopped rising.

Lestallum survived because the energy (electricity and light) provided by the power plant and meteor was strong enough to stop daemons from invading. Hammerhead I think Cindy used headlights and parts for auto cars to really crank up the light and keep daemons away too (she used such headlights for the Regalia so we can drive at night safely).

It's a very sad ending tbh. Not many humans left in the world, Royal bloodline of Lucis Caelum and Nox Fleuret being completely eradicated, no more Niflheim, no nothing.

The world begins completely anew.
Couldn't Altissia, at least, have survived as another outpost? Like Lestallum, they had electrical lighting and a likely self-contained source of electrical power (since they presumably relied on hydroelectric generation). They might have lost their lines of communication with Lucis, too, which would explain why they weren't mentioned.

But, yeah, it's definitely a "world begins anew" sort of ending either way.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
I remember doing the hunts in Altissia and the gang said something along the lines of "Why are daemons appearing here at all? This isn't looking good"

Altissia, although very beautiful, is a vulnerable city with poor defence. If daemons were to pop up and rampage the city, the people wouldn't be able to escape. Sure they have boats but Gondolas don't fit a lot of people.

Might be morbid of me but I don't think Altissia faired well at all during the time skip :(