Sora96's FINAL FANTASY XIII for Android Review

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
Motomu Toriyama and Yoshinori Kitase's FINAL FANTASY XIII was released as its own dedicated app for iOS & Android devices earlier this year. With this you can stream it to your smartphone or tablet. Today, I installed it on my smartphone and was quite impressed.

I am using an Australian Internet connection which are years behind countries like Japan & the United States and despite this I was able to smoothly stream the game to my smartphone and after extensive testing of over an hour the game only stopped a couple of times and very quickly worked again. At times the graphics did go low but generally the game kept looking pretty good. At times I was blown away as the game looked stunning.

The controls also work quite well, I was able to control Lightning and win battles with little issue. However since my smartphone isn't that big some controls overlapped with each other but I managed to work around it.

All audio was preserved and plays perfectly.

The Android version runs pretty well on my smartphone so it must run really well in Japan. I hope to see the iOS & Android versions of FINAL FANTASY XIII released worldwide and versions of FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 and LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII for iOS & Android as well.

8/10