SPOILERS/SPECULATION: Final Fantasy XV Spoiler and Speculation Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Due to the ever-approaching release of XV, and multiple users complaining about story speculation being freely thrown about on the main XV thread, this thread is for the in-depth discussion of spoilers concerning possible plot points, in addition to talking about the game when it's actually out. General discussion on news can remain within the Main XV Thread, but for those who want to wrangle about story points either revealed or speculated, and indeed generally speculate on what will happen in the game, this is the place to do it. As if you didn't know already... SPOILERS AHEAD!

Last edited:

RetroPS4

Chocobo Knight
Aug 10, 2015
Thanks Etro, as I promised here you go! I moved the post over from the main news section:

Cool, thanks for the information. The description says that Iris is a character with inner fortitude and that she flees from Niflheim's invasion and lives in Lestallum. As for Ravus, Jump says that what makes him memorable are the glint in his eyes and his height.

And then the thing about Cindy is explaining how dialogue choices affect how scenes play out.

Once Kingsglaive is out in other regions, we will know who or what these figures are. I like the concept!

The thought of creating a speculation thread has crossed my mind. Keeping news and speculation separate would be a good idea as the thread wouldn't become too bloated with unrelated topics.

Oh, awesome. Dengeki's confirmed that the "FFXV VR Experience"––I guess that's the one shown at E3 starring Prompto?––will be on sale beginning in October. Creators will be in attendance and all for a stage event. 300 people invited, both VR and the regular FFXV will be available for demoing.
@Rin As to the Ravus pics....
I think I've got just the motivation for you to make that. And potentially the perfect first post for that thread. I'm joke speculating with the following 2 stage fanfiction, still considering how Versus-like KG suposedly is, maybe some aspects of my idea are possible so do not read any of this if you want to go into the game as blind as possible. Stage 1:
Just give this man a hood, and blind him, then step one of the transformation will be complete. LOL, obviously changes were made from Ravus's Versus self (as most everything else from that era we have seen has also changed)...or Nomura himself was spoiling things seriously all the way back in 2013..
Stage 2: (possible endgame spoilers, you have been warned)
Also note HE has the rapier now. Before, he had super badass magical abilities... Can you see where I am going with this? The ultimate twist of XV will be Noctis ends up squaring off against him, killing him...then Luna will take the rapier and wait for it..in the pain of losing her brother, reluctantly take up the rapier versus (ha ha pun very much intended!) Noctis to become the final boss in the streets of Insomnia. It would be the ultimate payoff, especially if she even was wearing something approximating the Stella mock-up clothing Nomura had depicted her in for that scene. BOOM!! Tabata eternally redeemed, lol
Actually, if even part of my scenario is true, I would :dead: in the best way possible. Probably wouldn't be the smartest ending, though some people would no doubt love it, he he. Tabata would give Hashimoto a run for his money for Utimate troll of SE!!

Bonus pic of part of my endgame scenario shamelessly stolen from Mr. RHC of neoGAF:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=209982246&postcount=9

Last edited:

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
My personal big twist speculations are...

1: The beings granting the Caelum line power through the Ring of the Lucii (mechanical beings on the game's cover) are manipulating humanity for their own amoral ends. Ravus and Ardyn are key parts of their plans, using everyone else as pawns, even if Ravus doesn't know he's being used by them. Regis possibly knew about this, and wants to give his son a chance at breaking free of the cycle of kings tied to the beings.

2: Lunafreya and Noctis are unknowingly allied to the mysterious Goddess from the Genesis artwork, who is likely the one who brought Carbuncle into Noctis' dreams to save him from the beings. The Archeans/Astrals are either directly tied to the Goddess or were naturally born from the making of the world and possibly stand in instinctive opposition to the beings.

3: In the end, Noctis must rebel against and surrender the power of the Caelum line. I'm sure this story will end with the world deprived of crystals and magic forever, and the beings separated from their control of humanity. It might also possibly end with either Luna or Noctis needing to make some drastic sacrifice due to their defiance of the beings.

RetroPS4

Chocobo Knight
Aug 10, 2015
@SonOfEtro I know this is for spoilers, still I think it should be a legit theory/speculation thread, as well. I think we should still spoiler tag stuff that is not officially released everywhere, ie, Kingsglaive plot details. I have read quite a few things about KG, but not all all, and most of it I did not intensionally read, so I'm trying to stay as spoiler free as possilble about that. It would be great if you adjusted the title to include Speculation/Theory and would you mind editing your post to spoiler-tag the parts of your theory that pertain to the movie? ;)

Last edited:

RetroPS4

Chocobo Knight
Aug 10, 2015
In depth speculation about the plot =/= spoilers.
I agree! That's why I suggested spoiler/speculation..Do you think we need a third thread instead? I was hoping we could make this a catch all spoiler/speculation thread like the KG one...

RetroPS4

Chocobo Knight
Aug 10, 2015
Thanks, don't forget changing it back to just spoiler when September 30 arrives, lol.
Everytime someone says the XV release date I am reminded that it doesn't have to have a year attached, and I get all excited:D We are really finally...*voice of Noctis* almost there:cool:

Rin

Reformed
Apr 11, 2015
If we assume that Ravus and the hooded man are the same person, then we can see that Ravus looked a lot healthier in the 2013 CG than in the latest Jump scan. You'll know what I mean when you compare the chins and amount of flesh on his face. His skin complexion doesn't look so good now. Or maybe it's all just in my head.

There's a reason that he looks kind of sickly, but talking about it brings us to Kingsglaive territory, so I won't go on.

RetroPS4

Chocobo Knight
Aug 10, 2015
If we assume that Ravus and the hooded man are the same person, then we can see that Ravus looked a lot healthier in the 2013 CG than in the latest Jump scan. You'll know what I mean when you compare the chins and amount of flesh on his face. His skin complexion doesn't look so good now. Or maybe it's all just in my head.

There's a reason that he looks kind of sickly, but talking about it brings us to Kingsglaive territory, so I won't go on.
Very interesting! Speaking of KG, I think Ravus is one of the few characters who I like the appearance of in both the film and the game, I'm very happy about that, especially as at this point, I am fairly convinced he is (or will become, maybe?) the hooded man.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Very interesting! Speaking of KG, I think Ravus is one of the few characters who I like the appearance of in both the film and the game, I'm very happy about that, especially as at this point, I am fairly convinced he is (or will become, maybe?) the hooded man.
It definitely is the same person, I don't even really think there's a doubt at all. Same hair color, hair length, same looking attire, same kingdom of origin, same voice actor...

RetroPS4

Chocobo Knight
Aug 10, 2015
It definitely is the same person, I don't even really think there's a doubt at all. Same hair color, hair length, same looking attire, same kingdom of origin, same voice actor...
Ah, same voice actor. I didn't know that part, thanks!

I just want to take a moment to reflect on how these last 365 days have been such a rollercoaster! Around this time last year we were still reeling from the revelations that Stella was gone and that the invasion had been eliminated, then at the infamous GC2015 we got 1). That horrible Dawn trailer (but the music was god-tier as usual!), 2). Shock of Regis redesign creating further confusion, doubt and belief that pretty much everything in Versus had been scrapped and because of that.... 3). XV had become a totally different project, even from 2013, let alone Versus.

Then TGS: Boom! Gentiana re-revealed and named, many of the Nifleheim guys re-revealed found to be intact and now named. Then Jan ATR: Boom! Aranea re-revealed and named. Then the big one: Uncovered--which was the first inkling that we got of 'hey this might not be so different afterall'!? Then E3: Boom! hooded man is still in (if I remember correctly, Ravus was shown even before Stella, and was the second character revealed for Versus) Fast forwards 10 years and now, just a few short days ago Kingsglaive is out in the wild: Those who saw it say basically "major Versus vibes"! Finally, just this morning further info about Ravus ..

Most Surprisingly, this info may help hint we not only are hopefully in for a very interesting game, but also we WILL likely able to figure out at least a good portion of what Versus would have been-but further and more importantly-maybe not really even care that much anymore since the XVUniverse project is apparently not nearly as removed from it's roots as we all have been led to believe over the past twelve months. What a year!!

Last edited:

Rin

Reformed
Apr 11, 2015
Jump says Ravus is perceptive, so I wonder how he'll demonstrate that skill in the game.

He obviously doesn't demonstrate it in the film. lol

Our protagonist Noctis has a lot of growing up to do––as you'll see or may already have started to see––before he can become a competent ruler. I wonder if our antagonist, Ravus, will also do some growing up during the game?

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
I can't really see this third point being a thing. Legend speaks of lineage and the crystals and being blessed by the Gods to save the world from a plague of darkness..

Live long thy line and these stones divine
I was remembering X and XII: the prophecies and traditions in those games were so much moonshine, with their respective worshiped beings (Yunalesca, the Occuria) having more than suspect motives. For all we know, "Live long thy line and these stones divine for the Night when All come to Naught" could be a commandment, in the vein of "Thou Shalt Not..."

And... looking at the entire thing and the plot for Kingsglaive... the lines could be referring to Regis rather than Noctis!

dissasterrific

fal'Cie Goddess
Administrator
Site Staff
Mar 6, 2016
cosmos
Finally, thanks for creating this thread!

I was talking to a friend a few days ago and he mentioned something interesting which Tabata talked about in one of the ATR's: how the power of the stars will heal the land if it's been destroyed (not sure if he specified in what way, but at least for this part he was referring to the aftermath of a summoning). We know the entire thing about the plague of the stars and the nights getting longer-- what if the world's destruction in XV is a gradually slow process? I mean to say that, it would be opposed to something like Sephiroth's Meteor or Kefka destroying the World of Balance. If the stars are slowly dying, Eos' land would also not heal as fast as it should, and once the day comes where there's only night, it wouldn't heal anymore. It would be likely then that the end would be caused by humans themselves through wars.

This is assuming that the stars heal the land in general, not just after a summoning.

Also, I don't think it has been discussed anywhere in this forum, but how does everyone feel about Ardyn possibly being, uhh, a less mad version of Kefka? There are obvious hints that he might be inspired by his character.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
I was remembering X and XII: the prophecies and traditions in those games were so much moonshine, with their respective worshiped beings (Yunalesca, the Occuria) having more than suspect motives. For all we know, "Live long thy line and these stones divine for the Night when All come to Naught" could be a commandment, in the vein of "Thou Shalt Not..."

And... looking at the entire thing and the plot for Kingsglaive... the lines could be referring to Regis rather than Noctis!
I have no idea what you're talking about... Live long thy line and these stones divine for the night when all come to naught is very straight forward. Live long your Kingdom and the crystals for the time of the coming plague of darkness.

Status
Not open for further replies.