Square Enix has formed a Final Fantasy committee to ensure series quality

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Bwahahaha, Toriyama is on the committee. That's going to be popular with a lot of people.

I suppose this can be a good thing. An environment for the major players to come together, collaboratively brainstorm, provide each other with feedback, suggest plans to each other. If done well and properly as hoped, it could generate some more wholesome visions for a future game. Toriyama I am sure is a very able man with a wealth of decent ideas, but I'd happily see his excesses curtailed, i.e. someone telling him to stuff it if he comes up with something daft, but I can't foresee this committee environment being very effective at that. Not to mention the unfortunate connotations of the word "committee" being referred to as a way to ensure series quality.

Itou's absence is...odd. His general absence in recent years is odd. I presume he is still an employee in the company, but evidently opting not to put himself in any further high positions with clear visibility. A big shame that he's not there, given his incredible past record and his immense contribution to the franchise.

Last edited:

soup or mann

PSICOM Soldier
UFFSite Veteran
Sep 29, 2013
Guess it can't hurt anything. Then again it probably could. Guess it just depends on if whoever is in charge really knows what the fans want.

Casval

PSICOM Soldier
Sep 30, 2013
Guess it can't hurt anything. Then again it probably could. Guess it just depends on if whoever is in charge really knows what the fans want.
Problem is, fans want so many (conflicting) things. SE can't satisfy everyone, and they shouldn't try.

It's not a development team, it's simply a committee. Toriyama is one dude with three others, and I'm sure the committee will grow. Don't know why people are freaking out (not on this forum, mind). He's been with the series for awhile, he's doing something right apparently.
You don't just leave a loyal FF veteran to fade into obscurity. I'd venture to say that Toriyama's position in the FFC has less to do with his performance (good or otherwise) and more to do with his status as a long-time employee.

Last edited: