Square Enix still refuses to learn lessons of the past

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaraki

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Nov 20, 2016
Are you trying to apply this to FF15? If so, I have questions.

Who wrote the steps to failure? Yoshida? He had jack squat to do with XV, jack squat. What the so called Business Division 2 do, does not impact the MMO division (I think it's 4, not sure tbh). People need to stop blaming Square Enix as a whole, do the KH team have anything to do with XV? No, if you do want to blame people, blame Tabata, blame BD2, Nojima and even Tetsuya Nomura. Don't fault Square Enix as a whole.

XV was awesome, but as always the entitled people will moan about how they've been waiting 10 years. Well guess what, the game hasn't been in development for 10 years. Versus 13 was about 6 and then re-branded. Every FF story has issues, but the haters are louder than the lovers. What is so wrong with wanting to fix issues with the game? They are giving you free updates so what is the problem? BD2 actually give a shit about their game and WANT fan feedback to make the game the best it can possibly be.

I'm proud to be an FF fan and when that FF theme came on during XV (won't say when to avoid spoilers), it felt like a national anthem. Thank you Square Enix, and a middle finger to the haters who keep moaning over nothing, acting entitled and nitpicking. Genuine criticism is fine, but hating is another thing.

AverageAfro

PSICOM Soldier
Aug 3, 2016

Who wrote the steps to failure? Yoshida? He had jack squat to do with XV, jack squat. What the so called Business Division 2 do, does not impact the MMO division (I think it's 4, not sure tbh). People need to stop blaming Square Enix as a whole, do the KH team have anything to do with XV? No, if you do want to blame people, blame Tabata, blame BD2, Nojima and even Tetsuya Nomura. Don't fault Square Enix as a whole.

XV was awesome, but as always the entitled people will moan about how they've been waiting 10 years. Well guess what, the game hasn't been in development for 10 years. Versus 13 was about 6 and then re-branded. Every FF story has issues, but the haters are louder than the lovers. What is so wrong with wanting to fix issues with the game? They are giving you free updates so what is the problem? BD2 actually give a shit about their game and WANT fan feedback to make the game the best it can possibly be.

I'm proud to be an FF fan and when that FF theme came on during XV (won't say when to avoid spoilers), it felt like a national anthem. Thank you Square Enix, and a middle finger to the haters who keep moaning over nothing, acting entitled and nitpicking. Genuine criticism is fine, but hating is another thing.
Preach!

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016

I think the game definitely has issues in the story department. I also think the linearity of the second half actually hurt it more than helped. But that being said, I love this game and the game is honestly fine the way it is. The fact that they are adding more to the story and content through patchwork as we speak just speaks volumes as to how good of a Company square can be, even if deadlines had to be met.

I definitely agree with you, I just think they can do more for the story even through patching. It would make replayability that much more enticing.

Status
Not open for further replies.