Square Enix's Life is Strange should put Dontnod Entertainment on the map

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
The Square Enix published five part episodic series Life is Strange developed by Dontnod Entertainment is a quiet hit by this young French studio. 3 of the 5 episodes have been released so far and are all available on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 & PC.

The story in this is top notch, as others have described it's like an indie movie but as someone who doesn't watch indie movies or play episodic games I can say I'm still fully enjoying this.

Being able to rewind time and see events play out in different ways can be quite exciting and sometimes you might want to keep it doing in order to decide which one you really want.

Finding all the optional photos is a lot of fun, especially since you get plenty of trophies for doing so.

The gameplay isn't too challenging but some parts may take a little longer than others.

The indie soundtrack suits the game perfectly.

After the first episode I felt this was good so I'll keep going. After the second episode I was like wow, this is actually really good. And now after the third episode I'm in shock, the ending is truly massive. You'll feel things after playing these episodes.

I am now left wanting more, I really want to see what happens next. Do yourself a favour and play all 3 episodes before they release episode 4.