Square Portal Teasing Something For Tommorow

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
"By making something completely new, maybe people will start to understand the idea behind remakes a bit more. There would be no point in making just remakes. We need new stuff too." - Tabata

I have more faith in Tabata than ever before now. A very good read. Worth checking out.
Nice guy Tabata is nice guy.

Myrodis19

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 15, 2014
Westminster, Maryland
I didn't like the part where he said that with his personal vision of Final Fantasy he wouldn't care if there were reaccuring elements. Aren't those elements what make Final Fantasy? Like Choccobos the common enemies and such. Unless i misconstrued this part of the interview?

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
I didn't like the part where he said that with his personal vision of Final Fantasy he wouldn't care if there were reaccuring elements. Aren't those elements what make Final Fantasy? Like Choccobos the common enemies and such. Unless i misconstrued this part of the interview?
I believe it's more along the lines that he likes a Final Fantasy game that doesn't force itself to be Final Fantasy by throwing classic things in your face. He likes being able to work on a game with more freedom.