Terra Battle (Mistwalker, Sakaguchi, iOS and Android) out now in U.S.

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
Bahamut levels up really, REALLY slowly. I'm stuck at the minute on that boss that warps two of your allies away every two or three turns? So bloody difficult.
Yeah, I've noticed that too ;_; I'll have to hit the Metal Zone quite a bit, because he always gets up killed in the story chapters.

Also, I'm starting to notice how bad I need energy for new characters, now that the "consecutive login" bonuses are gone :(

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
I can also vouch for this game. I know it's a bit unnerving because it's a mobile title, but it is worth taking the plunge.

They weren't kidding. This game starts off as a gentle plateau and before you know it, it's led you to a steep mountain face and orders you to climb. It goes relatively well to begin with, until the game starts hurling boulders down onto you as you attempt to climb. Before you know it, it's dropping an avalanche onto your head. I've barely managed to get past the time devouring boss at the last stage of Chapter 10 and despite it still being relatively early days, that's what it feels like.

RNG continues to be my worst enemy. With the incremented energy, I've managed to get Kuscah...thrice. The rest are rank Bs. It's part of why I've struggled to find the motivation to boot the game these days other than to obtain the dailies.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
They weren't kidding. This game starts off as a gentle plateau and before you know it, it's led you to a steep mountain face and orders you to climb. It goes relatively well to begin with, until the game starts hurling boulders down onto you as you attempt to climb. Before you know it, it's dropping an avalanche onto your head. I've barely managed to get past the time devouring boss at the last stage of Chapter 10 and despite it still being relatively early days, that's what it feels like.

RNG continues to be my worst enemy. With the incremented energy, I've managed to get Kuscah...thrice. The rest are rank Bs. It's part of why I've struggled to find the motivation to boot the game these days other than to obtain the dailies.
No joke, I'm currently stuck (well, I've only tried twice and without levelling up, lol) at Chapter 9's final boss. That one that basically steals your time of moving characters and respawn its allies while filling his health bar.

The weird thing is that prior to that, Chapter 9 has been pretty easy (and I don't grind much), while some previous chapters have been pretty hard, at least compared to that.

And oh, what I would do without my man Kuscah.

I don't even have Bahamut .___.

So much bad luck with RNG these days that I also no longer squeal with some small happiness whenever I receive free energy. Oh well, could be worse. I've seen someone spend around 40 quid on a heap of energy and the highest he got from that was an A-rank.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
I got Bahamut at the last moment. Failed to get the item, however. He's one of my two S ranks. The other being Palpa. The Tavern hasn't been treating me well.

Joshua

Sphere Hunter
Oct 7, 2013
California
Sorry to hear about your poor luck :( it sucks when you go in with energy (which is hard to come by now) and the tavern gives you junk after waiting 5-7 days for that chance at a roll.

On the flipside, the tavern has treated me real well. A couple of SS now, a couple S, and lots of A's.

I have NEVER gotten something useful for the gold-based recruitment, just junk monsters.

May 26, 2014
I have NEVER gotten something useful for the gold-based recruitment, just junk monsters.
Yeah, according to the "What's New" messages you can get the guest artist-designed characters through Pact of Fellowship. I haven't gotten any though, so I'm wondering if that was just a typo.

May 26, 2014
I think I finally understand the frustrations of those who were trying to beat the Time Devourer (chapter 10). How in the hell they expect you to beat the darn thing is beyond me.

Joshua

Sphere Hunter
Oct 7, 2013
California
I think I finally understand the frustrations of those who were trying to beat the Time Devourer (chapter 10). How in the hell they expect you to beat the darn thing is beyond me.
Ah, I finally got to him this week as well. I attacked him straight up (didn't bother with his minions) and never once saw him use his ability.

May 26, 2014
Ah, I finally got to him this week as well. I attacked him straight up (didn't bother with his minions) and never once saw him use his ability.
Guess I should take that approach too. I think my main problem so far is that I'm not able to attack him every turn cause of his breath attack and the limited time to move units, so I'll probably have to level up a couple of my archers. Metal zone, here I come!

Joshua

Sphere Hunter
Oct 7, 2013
California
Guess I should take that approach too. I think my main problem so far is that I'm not able to attack him every turn cause of his breath attack and the limited time to move units, so I'll probably have to level up a couple of my archers. Metal zone, here I come!
You are swiping people into position, right? Like where you move your unit through someone and it moves the person you pass over. I can usually attack every single turn, even with the breath. Sometimes I can even line it up so I get 2 attacks in.

May 26, 2014
You are swiping people into position, right? Like where you move your unit through someone and it moves the person you pass over. I can usually attack every single turn, even with the breath. Sometimes I can even line it up so I get 2 attacks in.
Yes, of course I'm doing that. It's harder in this mission though what with the boss eating into your time to move. Ah well, I'm sure I'll beat it eventually, haven't even attempted it in a couple days.