The 3rd Birthday on PS4?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
PE HD Remaster collection for PS4 ?
Now that would be epic! Or they can make a real Parasite Eve III. They've said countless times that The 3rd Birthday isn't a real sequel to PE2 so it's still can be made, I was glad they even wanted to bring the series back, wish they continue it.

New Parasite Eve game would be amazing, and I have no idea why this isn't happening. It's not like there is no place in the market these days for a good action RPG that shares floor space with the survival horror genre. Arguably, now is a great renaissance era for horror, and not just with the indie/mid-tier crowd. Silent Hills is going to be a thing. Resident Evil 7 may well be a return to the series' roots, given the backlash RE6 (and arguably RE5) attained, and with Revelations 2 coming soon.

Not sure who would really want The 3rd Birthday on PS4 though. By all means, they can do a digital port for it, but there would be no reason to do any more than that.

I'm not really interested. I haven't really heard good things about this game.
The gunplay is solid. There's real tension, particularly in the higher difficulty, where you're frantically looking for an NPC to Overdive into, because the host you're currently using is quickly turning into a near-naked rag. Each level brings interesting new twists to things and it's more or less a requirement for you to whip out different weapons and make use of certain vantage points to turn the tide of battles, such as mini-boss encounters. For a PSP game, it's a very good B-level shooter.

It's typically the writing and the plot that garners the ridicule, and for good reason. I believe someone on NeoGAF once put together the entirety of the game's plot into paragraphs of text, and even to someone who did actually play through the game, the plot is still a nonsensical mish-mash of things that happen, because...they happen. Then there's that one twist near the end that truly nails this game on the cross for Parasite Eve fans.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
Besides Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts and Dragon Quest, Parasite Eve is really the only Square Enix IP that makes sense to revisit and bring to Sony and Microsoft's home consoles. It's dark, mature, has a modern setting, shooting, monsters, blood, gross stuff and shit. Survival Horror seems like it's going to make a strong comeback this generation too. Something like this I think makes sense for Sony and Microsoft's target demographic.

Nov 17, 2014
Like FF Type-0, the game is more fitted for consoles. It would be nice to be shooting and locking targets, and 'Liberate' them Twisted in a TV screen instead of the small screen (no offense PSP). And it's the same director, Tabata. Maybe we can ask him about his thoughts on a 'The 3rd Birthday' HD. I would literally scream if he would just say' Yes' or 'It's possible'. AYA BREA IN HIGH-RES!

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
Like FF Type-0, the game is more fitted for consoles. It would be nice to be shooting and locking targets, and 'Liberate' them Twisted in a TV screen instead of the small screen (no offense PSP). And it's the same director, Tabata. Maybe we can ask him about his thoughts on a 'The 3rd Birthday' HD. I would literally scream if he would just say' Yes' or 'It's possible'. AYA BREA IN HIGH-RES!
Yeah, same situation with Crisis Core.

Nov 17, 2014
Yeah, same situation with Crisis Core.
Yeah, and it would really depend on the success of FF Type-0 HD, though it's hard to gauge since others could only be after the FFXV demo. I, personally, am stoked to play FF Type-0 HD, regardless of the demo. This time, it depends on the reviews, and not the sales.