The Ancient Archenemy

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
In Legend of Heroes Cold Steel and in Dragon Quest 11, there is a terrible game design flaw that has bugged/tormented me in games for decades.
I speak of course of the equipment dump when characters leave the party. Even if the character is gone for a mere hour of gameplay they will still drop all their gear and saunter off into the sunset. So you're left writing down what everyone had on. Worse, if you had no idea the WHOLE CAST would leave at one point, you now have a laundry list of items to re-equip. And heaven help you if you forgot who had what.

Why, in 2018, is this still a problem? By now, isn't there a program to remember what everyone had and auto-re-equip them? Or, *gasp* heaven forbid, keep the damn gear on?! In FF14 you can have the game memorize what you have on if you switch between classes. And the gear auto-equips when you switch. Same with you skills you have on the hotbar. And with so many game picking up cues from online MMOs, why isn't this idea attached to RPGs that are offline.

I'm not joking. I hate this so much it killed Cold Steel for me. It happens non-stop in that game and the cast is HUGE. SMH

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
Another problem designs love to leave in the game:
Having characters leave the party, force you to level up, then have the characters rejoin as if they never leveled up while out of the party.
A character might leave at level 30 then the rest of the party levels up to 50 and when that character rejoins, they STILL LEVEL 30. And guess what? It's time for the last battle. SMH Fucking stupid.