The chances of Final Fantasy XV being at TGS 2014???

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Final Fantasy XV at TGS 2014?

• It's totally going to be there!

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • I am undecided if it will be shown there.

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • It won't be shown there...

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • CAN't yU SEE ThIsS GAme won'T eVer RELEASE!!!

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters

Slickyslacker

PSICOM Soldier
May 25, 2014
Chicago, IL
Based on what happened (or rather, didn't happen) at E3, what Hashimoto said in Thailand can hardly be trusted.

Still, he did say "you'll want to be in Tokyo!"

...That's all I'm riding on. Keeping it under wraps any longer might seem ridiculous to some, such as myself, but look at where we are now!

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Based on what happened (or rather, didn't happen) at E3, what Hashimoto said in Thailand can hardly be trusted.

Still, he did say "you'll want to be in Tokyo!"

...That's all I'm riding on. Keeping it under wraps any longer might seem ridiculous to some, such as myself, but look at where we are now!
"You'll want to be in Tokyo! ...to see how we crush your dreams live."

Slickyslacker

PSICOM Soldier
May 25, 2014
Chicago, IL
I wouldn't place too much faith in those comments really...
Even if it was poorly translated and taken out of context, would it be best to outright disregard everything he said?

I'm returned to this question whenever I think about his unusually warm and pandering oration. For one, it's obvious that he didn't put much thought into what he was saying at the time - on the same hand, there's no reason to distrust BoN. His translation (and transliteration) of his conversation with Hashimoto couldn't be perfect, but the essence of what was said is still there.

The only reason to look forward to SE at TGS is because Hashimoto made it seem like they're preparing a grand presentation regarding you-know-what.

Of course, however, you know who we're dealing with. Please be excited.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Even if it was poorly translated and taken out of context, would it be best to outright disregard everything he said?

I'm returned to this question whenever I think about his unusually warm and pandering oration. For one, it's obvious that he didn't put much thought into what he was saying at the time - on the same hand, there's no reason to distrust BoN. His translation (and transliteration) of his conversation with Hashimoto couldn't be perfect, but the essence of what was said is still there.

The only reason to look forward to SE at TGS is because Hashimoto made it seem like they're preparing a grand presentation regarding you-know-what.

Of course, however, you know who we're dealing with. Please be excited.
I wouldn't "completely disregard" them, but I'd rather be thread carefully around them. As you said, we know who we're dealing with.

Sep 26, 2013
Nomura wouldn't be the only guy. I don't think he gets to make the call though as he's been blocked from sharing information several times in the past.

Hashimoto would know, some of the higher ups like Matsuda would know and the marketing team would probably know as well.

Everyone else would be in the dark or learn it from word of mouth.

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
Going by what he said after he clarified that the whole Thailand thing was a mix-up of reports, I think it's going to be there.

Instead we are currently planning to exhibit new information at events after E3 2014.
Seems to be a good chance and more likely than D23 or their own event.

King Bimpy

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 11, 2014
"Cyberland has reported that the Final Fantasy XV release date is on June 2015 and a playable demo for the game would be available at the Tokyo Game Show 2014" yeah its a rumor but remember when Shinji said in his last interview, XV would have promotional showings and would satisfy the fans (most noticeably at Tokyo - legit he joked about coming to Square Enix's home)? that statement was not directed towards E3. the translation was out of context. Well what better way to do that than putting out hands on experience with it. Nomura said the game came a long way once it hit 8th gen. He even said it's not ported on the hardware yet but what if he was lying because the luminous engine just recently finished and they can't tell us until Tokyo Game Show?

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
"Cyberland has reported that the Final Fantasy XV release date is on June 2015 and a playable demo for the game would be available at the Tokyo Game Show 2014" yeah its a rumor but remember when Shinji said in his last interview, XV would have promotional showings and would satisfy the fans (most noticeably at Tokyo - legit he joked about coming to Square Enix's home)? that statement was not directed towards E3. the translation was out of context. Well what better way to do that than putting out hands on experience with it. Nomura said the game came a long way once it hit 8th gen. He even said it's not ported on the hardware yet but what if he was lying because the luminous engine just recently finished and they can't tell us until Tokyo Game Show?
Where is the source of that?

hui43210

Red Wings Commander
Sep 26, 2013
Ottawa, On
I don't know what the hell cyberland is, so I suspect its clickbait. But it would be nice if true.

Jun 7, 2014
Poland
"Final Fantasy XV release date is on June 2015 and a playable demo for the game would be available at the Tokyo Game Show 2014
lol'd so hard at this

it's not even remotely possible. My most optimistic scenario is winter 2015 an even I don't really believe it.

PS If it's true and there is a playable demo at TGS, I swear I'll change my avatar to a dickbutt for a month

Last edited: