The Future of Final Fantasy on Vita Depends on Fan Demand

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

kamikki

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 18, 2013
Finland
That foretells on part of the story for Kingdom Hearts III.
Well, can be, but KH III will surely not have BBS graphics nor gameplay like presented.
I don't mean that ending where Aqua talks with the cape guy, I'm pretty sure there was one that showed new gameplay, but I can't seem to find it on Youtube

1Truth2Lies

Sphere Hunter
Jul 3, 2014
London
In regards to FFXII HD, they probably just don't have the resources right now or it's too early to talk about.
It's definitely the later case. The game is likely already being made, but considering it's being made by the team making FFXVI, they don't want to announce it until that team takes the spotlight. Square Enix give different mainline FF teams the spotlight consecutively. First Kitase/Toriyama had it, now Tabata has it.

To break it down:
  • Kitase/Toriyama team: LR FFXIII and FFX/X-2 HD Remaster promoted around the same time.
  • Tabata team: FFXV and FFType-0 HD promoted around the same time.
  • Ito team: FFXVI and FFXII HD Remaster promoted around the same time.

Basically, I think FFXII HD Remaster will be announced and promoted close to when FFXVI is eventually revealed to the world, which is likely in 2016. This is also the 10th anniversary of when FFXII first released. If you recall, FFX/X-2 HD Remaster was announced on the 10th anniversary of FFX.

Sep 26, 2013
The game is likely already being made, but considering it's being made by the team making FFXVI
I don't think the FFXVI team would be working on it. FFX/FFX-2 HD was outsourced to Virtuos and Hexadrive is handling Type-0 HD. FFXII I think would most likely be outsourced as well.

Basically, I think FFXII HD Remaster will be announced and promoted close to when FFXVI is eventually revealed to the world, which is likely in 2016. This is also the 10th anniversary of when FFXII first released. If you recall, FFX/X-2 HD Remaster was announced on the 10th anniversary of FFX.
This I can agree with. There has been a pattern here when it comes to these remakes and remasters and when they're announced and released.

1Truth2Lies

Sphere Hunter
Jul 3, 2014
London
I don't think the FFXVI team would be working on it. FFX/FFX-2 HD was outsourced to Virtuos and Hexadrive is handling Type-0 HD. FFXII I think would most likely be outsourced as well.
Oh, the FFXVI team will definitely be working on FFXII HD Remaster, you can be 100% sure of that. However, they'll be solely working on the production and supervision side of the game. The actual day-to-day development will be outsourced to a 3rd party, as you've correctly stated.
  • FFX/X-2 HD Remaster was produced by Kitase and supervised by Toriyama, with actual development by Virtuos.
  • FF Type-0 HD is being produced and supervised by Tabata, with actual development by HexaDrive.
Therefore, going off the above, you can be sure FFXII HD Remaster will be produced and supervised by Ito, with actual development will be outsourced. Also, Kitase already confirmed in February this year that development of FFXII HD Remaster is solely reliant on the team that made FFXII, and both himself or anyone else at Square Enix has no say in the matter. It's up to the FFXII team if it gets made or not.
Meanwhile, as Final Fantasy 10 and 10-2 are getting the HD remake treatment, some have wondered whether Final Fantasy 12 is next in-line for a fresh coat of paint. "I haven't heard there is a plan," Kitase said of the potential project. "It depends on the team who created 12. If they think it's a good idea they might opt for it."
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-02-17-a-chat-about-that-final-fantasy-7-remake