The great Final Fantasy XVI Staff Debate: Who do you want?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Who do you want to direct Final Fantasy XVI?

• Yoshinori Kitase (FFVI, FFVII, FFVIII)

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Hiroyuki Ito (FFVI, FFIX, FFXII, FFXII IZJS)

Votes: 24 77.4%
  • Motomu Toriyama (FFX, FFX-2, FFXII RW, FFXIII, FFXIII-2, LR FFXIII)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hajime Tabata (BC FFVII, CC FFVII, FF Type-0, FFXV)

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters

buddhafied

Sphere Hunter
Sep 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
People that think that it's too soon to be speculating about FFXVI are being to restrictive, IMO. Square Enix have already confirmed that FFXV is not the only game at Square Enix Japan in development using Luminous Studio. So far, no other game using Luminous Studio has been publicly announced, which obviously indicates FFXVI must be that other game.
I think you misunderstand us when we say it's too soon. Nobody think it's too soon to speculate something, as speculating literally means "form a theory or conjecture about a subject without firm evidence" before the subject happens. So, go ahead and speculate the next 5 installments of Final Fantasy if that makes anyone happy. But speculating and formal announcements is different. I think most of us here are old enough to understand games starts developing way earlier before we see any announcements and such (they've likely started on PS5 and XBox Two before the released of PS4 and XB1), that said, without any concrete confirmation, all you are working on is speculations and that has no holding.

Most people who said "it's too early" is referring to your suggestion to making this thread sticky. Speculate all you want but until we can actually put some actual meat (or beef... *wink*) into the discussion, a speculation thread serves only the purpose of fun and maybe of those who at the end wants to say "See, look at me, I said that first!"

Last edited:

BrokenHeart

PSICOM Soldier
Mar 16, 2015
I think you misunderstand us when we say it's too soon. Nobody think it's too soon to speculate something, as speculating literally means "form a theory or conjecture about a subject without firm evidence" before the subject happens. So, go ahead and speculate the next 5 installments of Final Fantasy if that makes anyone happy. But speculating and formal announcements is different. I think most of us here are old enough to understand games starts developing way earlier before we see any announcements and such (they've likely started on PS5 and XBox Two before the released of PS4 and XB1), that said, without any concrete confirmation, all you are working on is speculations and that has no holding.

Most people who said "it's too early" is referring to your suggestion to making this thread sticky. Speculate all you want but until we can actually put some actual meat (or beef... *wink*) into the discussion, a speculation thread serves only the purpose of fun and maybe of those who at the end wants to say "See, look at me, I said that first!"
I hear you.

Personally, I think there's enough info out there to fuel speculation for FFXVI. If we know who is likely directing it (all signs point towards Hiroyuki Ito), that will also indicate who will be the character designer, art director, and scenario writer. If you look at all the mainline FF games that Yoshinori Kitase directed, they always had the same character designer (Tetsuya Nomura), art director (Yusuke Naora), and scenario writer (Kazushige Nojima). Therefore, if Ito is directing FFXVI, we may see Akihiko Yoshida as the character designer, Hideo Minaba as the art director, and Yasumi Matsuno as scenario writer. This core staff list will give us an idea of what setting and story themes to expect from the game.

There's also this quote from Shinji Hashimoto in May 2014:

Q2 : Has it any chance FF will come back to old-school RPG as FFIX did?

A : It depends on the decision of the director. Each director has his own idea of "fantasy".
FF will be back to old style or not depends on the director of that project.
http://www.mognetcentral.com/threads/q-a-with-shinji-hashimoto-from-thailand-comicon-2014.1886/

As you can see, the setting of a mainline FF is dependent on the director of the game. Therefore, if Ito is currently directing FFXVI, we can therefore speculate it will return to a Medieval/Renaissance/Baroque setting like FFIX and FFXII.

Last edited:

buddhafied

Sphere Hunter
Sep 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Personally, I think there's enough info out there to fuel speculation for FFXVI.
The thing is, I don't think there has been anyone (at least recently) highly think that Ito is not the director, has it? Therefore, rehashing posts of he-who-shall-not-be-named is really just for the purpose of "WE GOT IT RIGHT!" Based on elimination, he is probably the guy anyway, the question is, so what? What's next? I would rather the speculations be about what could the Final Fantasy be. Like what you said, maybe it will return to Medieval theme, or what might be a good direction to go, etc. Not that we never had those threads here before, but at least that will generate conversation.

Furthermore, I know how important the director is, I think that has been hammered into us like a acme by now from some of you. That said, a person can lose touch, a project can fail even with the best director with many external factor, so having so much faith in an individual is never a good thing, not to mention some people just don't care who directs a game as long as it's good. After all, a bad game from a good director is still a bad game.

Last edited:

BrokenHeart

PSICOM Soldier
Mar 16, 2015
The thing is, I don't think there has been anyone (at least recently) highly think that Ito is not the director, has it? Therefore, rehashing posts of he-who-shall-not-be-named is really just for the purpose of "WE GOT IT RIGHT!" Based on elimination, he is probably the guy anyway, the question is, so what? What's next? I would rather the speculations be about what could the Final Fantasy be. Like what you said, maybe it will return to Medieval theme, or what might be a good direction to go, etc. Not that we never had those threads here before, but at least that will generate conversation.

Furthermore, I know how important the director is, I think that has been hammered into us like a acme by now from some of you. That said, a person can lose touch, a project can fail even with the best director with many external factor, so having so much faith in an individual is never a good thing, not to mention some people just don't care who directs a game as long as it's good. After all, a bad game from a good director is still a bad game.
There are still many people that think Ito has been moved into one of the Square Enix Mobile Divisions and has no chance of directing FFXVI. There are those that think it will be by Toriyama and even those that think it will be by Tabata. It's for people like this that evidence showing Ito's likely directing FFXVI needs to be presented. In that respect, I commend 1Truth2Lies for his threads on the matter. It makes the thought of Ito helming FFXVI not just be fanbase wishful thinking, but also have some proof to support it.

Also, as I said, what FFXVI is like is completely dependent on who's directing it. That's why we need to have a firm grasp on who is helming the game. Once we can be 100% sure Ito's in the director's seat, we can use that as a springboard to dive into speculation of what FFXVI will be like based on past games Ito has directed (VI, IX, XII). I don't think Ito has ever directed or produced a bad FF game. Matter of fact, he's the only remaining FF producer/director with a stellar track record. I wish I could say the same for Kitase, but he produced X-2, Dirge of Cerberus, and the FFXIII Trilogy. It's safe to assume a FFXVI by Ito will be good.

Wouldn't it be funny if Ito wasn't directing XVI? Can we all just take a minute and think of how hilarious that would be?
The fanbase meltdowns would be catastrophic. Especially if Motomu Toriyama is announced as director instead.

Last edited:

JeffZero

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Apr 23, 2015
Tampa, FL
I'm very out of the loop with regard to the Final Fantasy fandom this past several years, but it's interesting to see 1Truth2Lies being brought up in this light.

A decade ago I was a pretty active member of the FFXII pre-release board on GameFAQs and that guy was already making a name for himself over there. In the following years he began talking more and more fervently about Ito's Next Big Thing. It feels like it's been an eternity since all that, and, having strayed away from keeping up-to-date with the fandom and its goings-on, I came to think the idea of Ito ever directing a mainline Final Fantasy again was as much a pipedream as Sakaguchi stepping back into his old office.

I see now that regardless of the reason, plenty of FF fans are at least somewhat confident Ito is indeed helming FFXVI, and so I feel like everything's come full circle somehow. I certainly hope it's true, but I'm not putting it past Square Enix to give the next one to Toriyama. That guy is on the still-fairly-new Circle or Board or whatever-the-heck-it-was that's in charge of deciding the future of Final Fantasy, isn't he? As well as... what was it again? Nomura, Kitase, and... who else? I don't recall Ito being on that thing, but who knows.

BrokenHeart

PSICOM Soldier
Mar 16, 2015
Regarding FFXV, and this is just me being curious, why do people like @APZonerunner think it is the most ambitious FF game Square Enix have ever made and they have a lot riding on it? It makes no sense to me. Granted, it has big-budget, but do you really think they're putting all their eggs in one basket with FFXV, a game that's widely known by the public have been a FFXIII spin-off? You really think they don't have a proper mainline FF (one that has been conceived as the latest mainline FF from day one) in development as we speak?

You only have to look at the staff behind the game. Hajime Tabata has never worked on a mainline FF before, yet he's directing the game. The staff of the game are all from Type-0, which is a team mostly made up from new staff that were hired to develop Crisis Core. There's only a few mainline FF veterans on the team, like Yusuke Naora and Isamu Kamikokuryo. Everybody else is all newcomers to mainline FF. You may respond by arguing that Naoki Yoshida was a total newcomer to the FF series yet made made FFXIV ARR a great success, but the catch is that he was given the entire FFXII team to make the game, which is a team that has a long history of making masterpieces (Tactics Ogre, FFT, Vagrant Story, FFXII). Yoichi Wada even made a big deal out of this in November 2010 when he announced that he had reshuffled the FFXIV team. Tabata's case with FFXV is completely different. You have a director who has no history with the mainline series that's leading a team of staff that's mostly made of people that equally don't. How can you then honestly believe Square Enix management believe this man and his team are helming their most ambitious FF project? It makes no sense from both a business and logistics perspective.

What makes more sense is that an even bigger and even more ambitious project is already underway alongside FFXV. This project will not only be directed by a mainline FF veteran, but also developed by a team of mostly veteran, mainline FF staff. This would be the type of project that Square Enix executives would have a lot riding on, not one by an untested mainline FF director and team. We already have the Luminous Studio team saying there's another project using the engine in development besides FFXV, which they're not allowed to talk about. Then you have the CEO of Square Enix, Yosuke Matsuda, saying in his TGS 2014 statement that Tabata had taken over as director from Tetsuya Nomura, that they aim to make FFXV the best FF title to date, not of all time.

In reviewing our development structure, we have decided to assign Hajime Tabata as the new director for Final Fantasy XV. Currently, Tabata and the entire development team are working, whole-heartedly, towards completing the production of Final Fantasy XV and ensuring the delivery of the highest quality Final Fantasy title to date.
http://kotaku.com/tetsuya-nomura-is-no-longer-directing-final-fantasy-xv-1635707308

Square Enix management are being careful to say FFXV will only be the best FF to date, not best of all time. You can read between the lines and see that they already have FFXVI in the works and expect it to be even more grand and ambitious than FFXV is.

BrokenHeart

PSICOM Soldier
Mar 16, 2015
I'm very out of the loop with regard to the Final Fantasy fandom this past several years, but it's interesting to see 1Truth2Lies being brought up in this light.

A decade ago I was a pretty active member of the FFXII pre-release board on GameFAQs and that guy was already making a name for himself over there. In the following years he began talking more and more fervently about Ito's Next Big Thing. It feels like it's been an eternity since all that, and, having strayed away from keeping up-to-date with the fandom and its goings-on, I came to think the idea of Ito ever directing a mainline Final Fantasy again was as much a pipedream as Sakaguchi stepping back into his old office.

I see now that regardless of the reason, plenty of FF fans are at least somewhat confident Ito is indeed helming FFXVI, and so I feel like everything's come full circle somehow. I certainly hope it's true, but I'm not putting it past Square Enix to give the next one to Toriyama. That guy is on the still-fairly-new Circle or Board or whatever-the-heck-it-was that's in charge of deciding the future of Final Fantasy, isn't he? As well as... what was it again? Nomura, Kitase, and... who else? I don't recall Ito being on that thing, but who knows.
Regarding the FF committee, I asked 1Truth2Lies about it via Twitter a over a week ago, back when I was really trying to figure out why he feels so confident about Ito currently helming FFXVI, and he said Hiroyuki Ito is also part of the FF committee. He made a thread about it on GameFAQs in March 2014. He didn't have the direct source available at the time of making his FFXVI thread here on MognetCentral, so he never included it as one of his points.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
do you really think they're putting all their eggs in one basket with FFXV
Yes, they literally said themselves that XV will be their last hope with console development in Japan mainly. If you honestly don't see why people have this opinion, you are looking at this with a blindfold on. This is most definitely their most ambitious project to date next to FFXII in terms of a mainline series title. This is a complete change of form for the series. Name a game that has changed up more of the FF dynamic to make a bigger and better game. You can't. The only game that comes second place to this is XII, and with good reason. XV is much a spiritual successor to XII in many ways with how it's approaching a lot of its content. I feel that XV is the next step in the direction of making things more connected with the world and giving users a more engaging battle experience.

a game that's widely known by the public have been a FFXIII spin-off?
It was NOT a XIII spin-off, it was a FNC spin-off. You are completely misunderstanding the intentions of the XIII in the original title of Versus XIII. Versus is to represent a contrast, in fact the name Versus XIII almost means "NOT XIII". Versus now XV was very much supposed to be its own game, much like Agito XIII has nothing to do with XIII outside of its shared mythos (FNC).

You really think they don't have a proper mainline FF (one that has been conceived as the latest mainline FF from day one) in development as we speak?
It always comes back to XVI with you, doesn't it 1Truth?

You only have to look at the staff behind the game. Hajime Tabata has never worked on a mainline FF before, yet he's directing the game. The staff of the game are all from Type-0, which is a team mostly made up from new staff that were hired to develop Crisis Core.
What does this matter?

You may respond by arguing that Naoki Yoshida was a total newcomer to the FF series yet made made FFXIV ARR a great success, but the catch is that he was given the entire FFXII team to make the game
HA! Like that matters. And, no, they're not all newcomers to Final Fantasy series. Just do a few searches yourself and you'll see many people have worked on past games in the series like IX, X, XII from the few that I looked at.
Let's just take a look at the staff credited for XIV on the FF Wikia page.
  • Shintaro Tamai [Assistant Director] (Did NOT work on XII)
  • Nobuaki Komoto [Lead Game Designer] (Did NOT work in XII)
  • Akihiko Yoshida [Senior Concept Artist] (DID work on XII)
  • Hiroshi Takai [Lead Artist] (Did NOT work on XII)
  • Yaeko Sato [Writer] (DID work on XII)
  • Akihiko Matsui [Lead Combat System Designer] (DID work on XII)
  • Hiroshi Minagawa [Lead UI Designer/Lead Web Designer] (DID work on XII)
  • Hideyuki Kasuga [Lead Programmer] (Did NOT work in XII)
So, only half of these people actually worked on XII, some positions important than others, some not. The entire XII team isn't working on this game, there are a lot of different people working on it. Hell, the Lead Programmer worked on Dirge of Cerberus, and that game sucks.

How can you then honestly believe Square Enix management believe this man and his team are helming their most ambitious FF project?
Why do you think Square Enix only has faith in people who have shown potential in mainline series (or from your perspective have worked on XII)? Could it be that they realize the potential and scale of this game and not the production team?! You are implying that Square Enix shouldn't put their faith behind a project unless they have specific people working on it. I'm sorry, but that argument is completely unfounded. They put faith in Nomura to set the groundwork for this game, the fans loved it, and it elevated to a higher position. Now EVERYTHING is riding on this game.

YoshiP rose out of nowhere and turned a game around and made it the huge success it is today (FFXIV), what makes you think that new blood are incapable of creating something amazing. The game has already proven to me through the demo alone that the potential is there, and knowing what's to come only further proves that there is something amazing in the works.

You are belittling something because it's not worked on by Ito or the XII staff, not surprising coming from 1Truth.

What makes more sense is that an even bigger and even more ambitious project is already underway alongside FFXV. This project will not only be directed by a mainline FF veteran, but also developed by a team of mostly veteran, mainline FF staff.
You mean Ito of course, let's not beat around the bush.

Square Enix management are being careful to say FFXV will only be the best FF to date, not best of all time.
What company is going to say "this will be our best game ever we will never make a game better than this". Come on dude, really? Of COURSE they want XVI to be better, that goes without saying. That's not proof that it WILL be better, that's just optimism with a company that strives to best themselves.

You can read between the lines and see that they already have FFXVI in the works and expect it to be even more grand and ambitious than FFXV is.
Yeah, or maybe it will be a complete flop and Square Enix will go bankrupt. Because... you know... no one can predict the future. It could happen with XV for all we know. There's no "reading between the lines" here, this is you grasping at straws like you always do, trying to insert Ito and XVI into every place you can like you USED to do back before you left the forums.

You're acting no different then than you are now. One of the main complaints that everyone had was that you would always bring up Ito and XVI when anyone talked about XV where it wasn't relevant. If you wanted to use this opportunity to start fresh, maybe you should have changed your attitude and personality so that you didn't completely giveaway who you were the minute you walked through the goddamn door.

BrokenHeart

PSICOM Soldier
Mar 16, 2015
Yes, they literally said themselves that XV will be their last hope with console development in Japan mainly. If you honestly don't see why people have this opinion, you are looking at this with a blindfold on.
Tabata said the part in bold, not the Square Enix executives. The company wouldn't already have another game in development using Luminous Studio if FFXV was their last hope. Please use common sense.

This is most definitely their most ambitious project to date next to FFXII in terms of a mainline series title. This is a complete change of form for the series. Name a game that has changed up more of the FF dynamic to make a bigger and better game. You can't. The only game that comes second place to this is XII, and with good reason. XV is much a spiritual successor to XII in many ways with how it's approaching a lot of its content. I feel that XV is the next step in the direction of making things more connected with the world and giving users a more engaging battle experience.
No way this is more ambitious on PS4 than FFXII was on PS2. You can't even control all party members, even though you could when it was on PS3 and still called VersusXIII! Also, the only reason it's a change in form for the mainline series is because it used to be VersusXIII, a FFXIII spin-off. It's just like Dirge of Cerberus: FFVII or Crisis Core: FFVII being rebooted into a mainline FF midway through development.

Name a game that has changed up the FF dynamic more when it was released? Easy. FFXII. The leap from FFX/FFX-2 to FFXII was insane. You wouldn't even know both games were part of the same series. Looking at FFXV, outside of graphics and world scale, it barely looks like a leap over FFXII.

It was NOT a XIII spin-off, it was a FNC spin-off. You are completely misunderstanding the intentions of the XIII in the original title of Versus XIII. Versus is to represent a contrast, in fact the name Versus XIII almost means "NOT XIII". Versus now XV was very much supposed to be its own game, much like Agito XIII has nothing to do with XIII outside of its shared mythos (FNC).
Go back and read the FFXIII E3 2006 interviews and press releases. They outright say that VersusXIII is an alternate take on FFXIII. Furthermore, the game was outright announced as with XIII in its title. How can you therefore say it was never connected to FFXIII?

It always comes back to XVI with you, doesn't it 1Truth?
I'm still being accused of being 1Truth2Lies? Really? You're funny.

HA! Like that matters. And, no, they're not all newcomers to Final Fantasy series. Just do a few searches yourself and you'll see many people have worked on past games in the series like IX, X, XII from the few that I looked at.
It does matter. Square Enix management may make some poor decisions, but they're not completely retarded. They're not going to put an unproven mainline FF director and his B-team on their most ambitious game of all time and hope for the best. Instead, they're going to put one of their best, veteran, mainline FF director and his A-team on the game and hope for the best. It's common sense. Please use it.

The entire XII team isn't working on this game, there are a lot of different people working on it. Hell, the Lead Programmer worked on Dirge of Cerberus, and that game sucks.
You need to watch the 20 minute long credits for ARR.

Why do you think Square Enix only has faith in people who have shown potential in mainline series (or from your perspective have worked on XII)? Could it be that they realize the potential and scale of this game and not the production team?! You are implying that Square Enix shouldn't put their faith behind a project unless they have specific people working on it. I'm sorry, but that argument is completely unfounded. They put faith in Nomura to set the groundwork for this game, the fans loved it, and it elevated to a higher position. Now EVERYTHING is riding on this game.
You're conveniently ignoring that the original FFXIV bombed and how all the FFXII staff got moved over to ARR. Whatever they were working on that was supposed to be FFXV therefore got delayed. VersusXIII had to become FFXV instead. Basicall, FFXIV totally messed up Square Enix's in-house pipeline. It has nothing to do with fans loving trailers of VersusXIII. Don't be ridiculous.

YoshiP rose out of nowhere and turned a game around and made it the huge success it is today (FFXIV), what makes you think that new blood are incapable of creating something amazing.
Yoshi-P never rose out of nowhere. He was the Chief Game Designer of Dragon Quest X, the first Dragon Quest MMORPG, which was a huge responsibility. With FFXIV failing, he was the only other competent MMORPG designer they could turn to. It was his expertise and knowledge on MMORPGs that landed him FFXIV. Square Enix management didn't just play luck dip and choose any random Square Enix employee to replace Hiromichi Tanaka. Also, again, Yoshi-P was leading the FFXII team in making FFXIV ARR, which is a major factor for why the game turned out so good. The entire UI of the game is by the co-director of FFXII, for example. Yoshi-P has said he specifically asked him to help make ARR, as he felt there was nobody better at Square Enix when it came to creating a UI.

Yeah, or maybe it will be a complete flop and Square Enix will go bankrupt. Because... you know... no one can predict the future. It could happen with XV for all we know. There's no "reading between the lines" here, this is you grasping at straws like you always do, trying to insert Ito and XVI into every place you can like you USED to do back before you left the forums.

You're acting no different then than you are now. One of the main complaints that everyone had was that you would always bring up Ito and XVI when anyone talked about XV where it wasn't relevant. If you wanted to use this opportunity to start fresh, maybe you should have changed your attitude and personality so that you didn't completely giveaway who you were the minute you walked through the goddamn door.
Damn... Looks like I'm debating with somebody with a few screws loose.

You've completely deluded yourself into thinking I'm 1Truth2Lies. I'm not going to bother convincing you otherwise, as I can tell you are the main reason he left this place. You originally told me he was insulting to you and other users here and therefore was forced out. I believed you until I read his post history and saw it wasn't true. Oh, but wait, you've now changed your tune. So it's now you're telling me the real problem you had with 1Truth2Lies was him posting about Ito and FFXVI all time time? Make up your mind. You're full of BS. I think it's best we don't converse with each other from now on. I don't want to continue to feed your growing paranoia that I'm his alt and I'm honestly tired of the unproven accusations.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2013
You've completely deluded yourself into thinking I'm 1Truth2Lies. I'm not going to bother convincing you otherwise, as I can tell you are the main reason he left this place. You originally told me he was insulting to you and other users here and therefore was forced out. I believed you until I read his post history and saw it wasn't true. Oh, but wait, you've now changed your tune. So it's now you're telling me the real problem you had with 1Truth2Lies was him posting about Ito and FFXVI all time time? Make up your mind. You're full of BS. I think it's best we don't converse with each other from now on. I don't want to continue to feed your growing paranoia that I'm his alt and I'm honestly tired of the unproven accusations.
You can change your IP address to cover your tracks all you want, your posting style speaks for itself. Nobody is really fooled. It's the same repetitive nonsense. You even made a thread about the guy (yourself).

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Damn... Looks like I'm debating with somebody with a few screws loose.

If you want to know how crazy 1Truth is everyone, I suggest you read this that he wrote himself.
https://gzayresponse.wordpress.com/
During the early days of when I first created G-Zay, it was actually hard for me to stay in character as him, as I’d keep slipping back into the real me when posting on internet forums. However, as the months and years went by, it became more natural to continually stay in character as G-Zay when on internet forums. I later devised an ingenious technique that allowed me to always stay in G-Zay’s character. What it involved was putting on clothing I’d only wear when posting as G-Zay. I would never wear the same clothes G-Zay wears, so the practise of changing clothes when preparing to post on internet forums became similar to an actor changing into costume when getting ready to do a performance. It’s very important I did this, as back in 2009, when I was being G-Zay for like 10-12 hours a day, it would’ve been very easy to have parts of his character slip into the real me, meaning parts of G-Zay would’ve started to exist in the real world. That happening would’ve been a path leading towards multiple personality disorder. So having a costume for G-Zay allowed me to physically differentiate the two people.
Do you have your hoodie on?

BrokenHeart

PSICOM Soldier
Mar 16, 2015
You can change your IP address to cover your tracks all you want, your posting style speaks for itself. Nobody is really fooled. It's the same repetitive nonsense. You even made a thread about the guy (yourself).
I haven't changed my IP address, though. This is another unproven claim. Just I because I post similar to somebody else, that means I'm the same person? That's not proof, that's speculation. Repetitive nonsense? Don't be hyperbolic. On the contrary, what's repetitive nonsense is accusations of being his alt being brought up over and over and over and over. Honestly, I feel like anytime I post, the accusation is brought up. Even your fellow regulars have noticed it and condemned it.

I joined this thread because I found out via Deadman's Cross that Ito was still on the Square Enix payroll. Within a few days of joining, I went from not even knowing Ito was still at Square, to believing Ito was secretly working on FFXVI. I have 1Truth2Lies' FFXVI thread to thank for that, so forgive me if I value his views and contacted him asking him to clarify his belief on Ito making FFXVI. He's doing what no other FF fan is, which is actually looking for proof to support his belief and not just engage in fanboy wishful thinking.

If you want to know how crazy 1Truth is everyone, I suggest you read this that he wrote himself.
https://gzayresponse.wordpress.com/

Do you have your hoodie on?
That was the first thing I read before I decided to submit a follow request to him. All that article did was further convince me to follow him, as I wanted to speak to the real him, not his "internet persona", as he chooses calls it. He had the foresight to not bring the real him on gaming forums, as he knew his belief in FFXVI and Ito would just land him many haters. You're even one of these haters. Going by your avatar, I bet you're also a closet pedophile like that duckroll guy mentioned in the article. It's interesting that most of the haters he attracts seem to be pedos.

WTF!?
Well this is clearly more than just a "little bit" scary...
I admit even I found that article bizarre at first, but considering it prevented him from having a creepy cyberstalker following his every move, it worked out well for him. It's not scary approach, just different. Most people be the real them when on forums, while he created an alternate persona to protect the real him from creeps like that duckroll guy.

Last edited:

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela

I couldn't find this, glad he took a picture himself. I remember when this happened (I am a regular at the GameFaqs XV board). I have no idea if BrokenHeart is 1Truth/Galv, but I can say, as I've said before; that 1Truth's trolling style was... unique, as you can see.

BrokenHeart

PSICOM Soldier
Mar 16, 2015
I couldn't find this, glad he took a picture himself. I remember when this happened (I am a regular at the GameFaqs XV board). I have no idea if BrokenHeart is 1Truth/Galv, but I can say, as I've said before; that 1Truth's trolling style was... unique, as you can see.
Yes, that was a real shocker me. The fact he even admitted to trolling about CP was also interesting. There's no way a real pedo would ever be so open about trolling about that.

You went too far pal. I'll politely ask you to leave.
I wouldn't say I went too far. It's just something I noticed. This @LeonBlade guy really seems to really dislike 1Truth2Lies. The same could be said about the duckroll guy from NeoGAF. They also both seem to be closest pedos. I'm merely going off what I'm seeing and my own speculation, the same way LeonBlade speculates that I'm an alt of 1Truth2Lies.

Anyway, I'll heed your counsel. I think I'll disappear for a while. This place has got really heated regarding the subject of me being an alt of 1Truth2Lies, and the mods don't seem to be doing anything about it! When I come back, it will be when there's something more substantial about FFXVI to discuss.

This is one of the many reasons why the internet is degenerating social skills.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2013
I haven't changed my IP address, though. This is another unproven claim. Just I because I post similar to somebody else, that means I'm the same person? That's not proof, that's speculation. Repetitive nonsense? Don't be hyperbolic. On the contrary, what's repetitive nonsense is accusations of being his alt being brought up over and over and over and over. Honestly, I feel like anytime I post, the accusation is brought up. Even your fellow regulars have noticed it and condemned it.
In this case... Yes.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
They also both seem to be closest pedos.
Going by your avatar, I bet you're also a closet pedophile like that duckroll guy mentioned in the article.
LOL WHAT? Based on what? You 100% confirmed it's you Galv. The amount of backpedaling you are doing is undeniable to this. Please explain to me how I'm a closet pedophile based on what I've posted here? Please take your medication, or at least take off your hoodie.

Yes, that was a real shocker me. The fact he even admitted to trolling about CP was also interesting. There's no way a real pedo would ever be so open about trolling about that.
How do you commend someone for trolling about CHILD PORN of all things? That's how you handle the situation? He was trolling so no way he's into it? Holy shit, you are DEFENDING someone who was trolling about CHILD PORN.

Oh wait... you're just defending yourself.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2013
Anyway, I'll heed your counsel. I think I'll disappear for a while. This place has got really heated regarding the subject of me being an alt of 1Truth2Lies, and the mods don't seem to be doing anything about it! When I come back, it will be when there's something more substantial about FFXVI to discuss.
See you under another user name! Try to make it not so obvious next time. :)

This is one of the many reasons why the internet is degenerating social skills.
Now now! Don't be hatin! I want Itou to direct FFXVI too. But damn dude. You're just fucking bat shit nuts about it.