The Last Guardian delayed to December 6

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Source: Gematsu

The Last Guardian
has been delayed from its previously planned October 25 release date to December 6 in the Americas and Japan, December 7 in Europe, and December 9 in the United Kingdom and Ireland, publisher Sony Interactive Entertainment announced.

In a PlayStation Blog post, Sony Interactive Entertainment Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida explained that a few more bugs need to be worked out in order to deliver the best experience.

Get the full message below.

Shuhei Yoshida said:
The Last Guardian development team is fast approaching major milestones in production and has made the tough decision to delay the release of The Last Guardian a few weeks. The Last Guardian will launch on December 6, 2016.

Fumito Ueda (gen Design) and Japan Studio have a wonderful vision for The Last Guardian’s touching, emotional journey of friendship and trust, and we want to deliver the most polished experience possible for our fans who have supported us for so long. A delay is a difficult decision, particularly with this game, but we have encountered more bugs than anticipated while in the final stages of development. To ensure that The Last Guardian delivers on the experience that the game’s creators have envisioned, we need to take the extra time to work on those issues.

Our development continues to push itself to the fullest and we look forward to revealing new content toward launch.
We appreciate your continued support.

Aug 13, 2016
Curious to see how this will turn out, as Shadow of the Colossus is one of my favourite games of all time. Its funny how two of my most anticipated games for the PS3 (versus XIII / FFXV and the Last Guardian) are finally getting released within the space of a week of each other, after years of waiting. It's going to be a good December!

Chocobocoholic

ShinRa SOLDIER
Mar 29, 2016
I couldn't get in to SotC or Ico, so I have no plans to get this game. I remember those games were so hyped up that I couldn't wait to get the collection for PS3 after it was announced. I was disappointed.