The Music of Future FFs

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How do you like you boss and battle themes? What's your favorite for an epic battle?

• Latin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jazz

• Classical

• Total voters

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
I love Yoko Shimomura and Masashi Hamauzu was decent. But sometimes I want them to use less usual musicians. I'd love to see the next FF music was done by Kenji Ito from the Saga games. Maybe get some rock n roll back in the boss themes again. Or maybe they could get the people who did some of rock themes in Xenoblade (Ace + was a group that helped Shimomura with some of the album). And the music in Ys games (Seven, Felghana, Celceta) all had great music too. A lot of great Latin mixes. I want some of that for games like 16 and up. People often complain that Namco overuses Sakuraba. Though they did finally give Go Shiina another try in Zestiria (last time he did Legendia and did it well!). But I don't want Square to end up with that rep. Even if Shimomura and Hamauzu's music is great. A little change from the usual composers couldn't hurt.

Favorite style of music for me are rock, latin or jazz.

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
Nobuo Uematsu's music from FFI-X are some of my fave from the series, Honestly the music in Final Fantasy XII was a bit underwhelming, but it was okay! The Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy was way better than XII. But I'm honestly not a fan of how the trilogy overused vocal tracks, especially XIII-2, there are vocals in battles themes, field themes, and character themes. It was a bit to much imo. Vocal character themes alone would have might been better. However the trilogy's music was very amazing! The MMO's have decent music, and I can't say much on FFXV since we only heard 4 tracks, but what we did hear so far has been stellar!

Also, just want to add, I like Motoi Sakuraba's music in the Tales Series, I also like the other composers as well (Go Shiina, Kazuhiro Nakamura, and the other's who add small contributions). Though I still hope for more variety, so I am happy Go Shiina is back with Sakuraba to work on Tales of Zestiria's music! They should have the Series music more like the artist, how they switch from Inomata to Fujishima each new game. :)

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
Yeah I would leave JPop music for more younger audience games. I would put it in boss battles at all. When I'm in a fight I prefer just an epic melody with no lyrics. Really, that's how I like most of my music.

Nobuo Uematsu's music from FFI-X are some of my fave from the series, Honestly the music in Final Fantasy XII was a bit underwhelming, but it was okay!

Also, just want to add, I like Motoi Sakuraba's music in the Tales Series, I also like the other composers as well (Go Shiina, Kazuhiro Nakamura, and the other's who add small contributions). :)
Sakuraba is good, he just has a bad rep now because he's been around for so long some just want him to step down because they think he just re-uses melodies. As far as I've seen he doesn't do this that often though. Cutting edge of Notion (star ocean) sounds nothing like Tales battle themes. It's usually with individual game series that he may repeat some melodies.

Of FF12 the only songs I like was the remix to Battle on a Big Bridge and the boss theme.

I miss Uematsu! I know he did some great work in FF14 recently, and he'll be doing the indie game Project Phoenix and even he did Fairy Fencer F (I didn't play it though, seems like every game has a masochist these days). But I want him to return as a big composer for FFs. Decisive Battle for FF6 and Battle with Four Fiends (4), and Those who Fight (piano mix, FF7) those were some of the best music I've ever heard. I've listen and collected a LOT of Black Mages music (favorite band) and I listen to them as I exercise or draw. I've always wanted Uematsu to do a couple of boss themes with the entire Black Mages group he works with playing the music he wrote. That'd be outstanding! I'm hoping FF16 will be in that style.