This Forum is pretty fantastic

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Tsukiyomi

AVALANCHE Warrior
Sep 26, 2013
The basement
How do I access the mobile version of the forums? My vita loads them normally (and it functions better than my PS3 browser too)

Our computer went to hell a few days ago actually, so all my activity has been done from my vita and PS3. So glad the site works 100% on both.

Mike

Head Engineer
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
www.rpgsite.net
It's a responsive design, so there is no specifically "mobile version". If you visit on your phone you'll see the forum in a minimized format.

Shinigami Frost

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Sep 28, 2013
KY, USA
I like it here. It's always nice to see a forum in its infancy. You guys seem like a good bunch of people. Haven't really posted anywhere since AoD, back before everyone switched to Fandom Post. This seems like a great substitute for NeoGAF, since I can't get accepted for some reason. :p This place may be more in line with my tastes anyway.

soup or mann

PSICOM Soldier
UFFSite Veteran
Sep 29, 2013
I agree, it is a rather nice forum. When I first clicked the link from UFF I was happy to see the software was Xenforo ^_^

Tsukiyomi

AVALANCHE Warrior
Sep 26, 2013
The basement
Actually I have a question, not sure where exactly I should post it, so might as well do it in a thread about the forums.

I unchecked "send emails everytime there is a reply to a watched topic" yet I still get them, and I double checked to make sure it was still unchecked, just wondering if it's a beta thing or something.

Tsukiyomi

AVALANCHE Warrior
Sep 26, 2013
The basement
Can you double check your settings for me? Just checked this over, and there shouldn't be a problem.
Just did, it was unchecked, BUT I was checking my email after your reply and sure enough a new one showed up about the reply. It could be me though, since i'm not on a PC and I cant check my email properly until we get a new PC.

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
Just did, it was unchecked, BUT I was checking my email after your reply and sure enough a new one showed up about the reply. It could be me though, since i'm not on a PC and I cant check my email properly until we get a new PC.
I've manually tried to turn off ALL email notification stuff for your account - are you still getting stuff. Apologies about this; we'll iron it out.

Tsukiyomi

AVALANCHE Warrior
Sep 26, 2013
The basement
I've manually tried to turn off ALL email notification stuff for your account - are you still getting stuff. Apologies about this; we'll iron it out.
Still getting them. I logged out after I checked to see if they were unchecked, maybe that's all I needed to do to make the changes take place.

EDIT: I know why now, when I create a message, the options underneath( same as the ones unchecked on my profile) are both checked. So they probably override it.

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
Still getting them. I logged out after I checked to see if they were unchecked, maybe that's all I needed to do to make the changes take place.

EDIT: I know why now, when I create a message, the options underneath( same as the ones unchecked on my profile) are both checked. So they probably override it.
That's probably it! Unsubscribe any watched threads, then resubscribe. That'll do it. :)

Tsukiyomi

AVALANCHE Warrior
Sep 26, 2013
The basement
Done! There was a very nifty "disable email notifications" button, and so far no emails when one of my watched threads updated! Thanks for the help, I think it was on my end though.

Zack

Somniac
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 29, 2013
I forgot where I asked before but yeah they're working on a darker theme already.
You asked just a few posts ago:
This will be a thing, yeah. We're going to port over a few of the old colour schemes we used on the old UFF boards back in the day for a start, and we'll expand out, but Erren doesn't want to go crazy on having too many skins, and I agree. We'll have a few so you guys can rotate around, though.

Keriaku

Balamb Garden Freshman
Oct 26, 2013
I'm pretty pleased with this forum as well. I usually end up being a lurker, but it's been pretty natural for me to contribute to conversation here. As long as the baseless hatred of Square and Final Fantasy can be kept to a minimum, I'll be happy. I'd rather talk about what they've done right than what they've done wrong! (especially when it's all subjective anyways....)