Upcoming RPG's

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
In terms of RPGs, I'm looking forward to Lightning Returns. Yeah, that's about it for now. I try not to want things that I have a limited chance of getting, and I'm really on the fence about getting a PS4 at all, so KH3 doesn't count. I'm under 17 and I actually bother to look at ratings (*gasps*), don't have any systems other than a PS3 and a PSP (the computer I use for games is dead), and the Tales games aren't quite my style, so yeah, that's about it.
that game is growing on me

Tsukiyomi

AVALANCHE Warrior
Sep 26, 2013
The basement
I guess Persona 5 and Kingdom Hearts 3 are the two NEW upcoming RPGs I plan on getting. Right now the ones I plan on getting is Diablo 3(Which has been out) and the 2nd KH collection if they make it.

fufatch

Balamb Garden Freshman
Oct 9, 2013
Poland
I'm still undecided if I should anticipate Lightning Returns or not but I'll definitely check it out when it finally comes to Europe. Have my fingers crossed for FFXV being released around December 2014 and alongside Persona 5 this is the title I look forward to the most.

Keriaku

Balamb Garden Freshman
Oct 26, 2013
Lightning Returns is my biggest, and it comes out the day after my birthday. I'm incredibly pumped even just for the soundtrack in November. If it counts, Im looking forward to 2.1 patch for A Realm Reborn as well. Other then those, FFX/X-2 (that international sphere grid), Final Fantasy Agito, Bravely Default, Devil Survivor 2: Break Code and Chaos Rings Sigma are all I can think of off the top of my head. My taste in games, especially JRPGs, have been differentiating a bit in recent days.

Oh, and of course XV goes without saying, but I can give it the time it needs to realize.

Tani

Yevonite
Oct 25, 2013
India
www.facebook.com
Lightning Returns, Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix, Final Fantasy X/X-2. Im super excited to play Birth by Sleep on the PS3, yes maybe even more than Lightning Returns. And its been a while since i played X? Thats gonna take me back to the good ol'days :,D

Kumomeme

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Oct 28, 2013
persona series had might skip current generation...really want to see persona 5 on current/next gen
also waiting dragon dogma 2 .... hope capcom will give their all to polish the second entries of this series
recently capcom had cash trouble :(

Keriaku

Balamb Garden Freshman
Oct 26, 2013
Another one I thought I'd add here since I completely forgot about it: Rival Threads: Last Class Heroes. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kontrabida/rival-threads-last-class-heroes-the-final-push

It looks interesting, with a setting that promises to have some depth. The creators mentioned that they hope to expand this first game into an over-arching story beyond the school, and I'm always partial towards stories that are more ambitious than less. Overall, the creators seem to know what an RPG needs to be great, with fantastic music and art, a lively world and mini-gamess all lined up.

masterlobo

Red Wings Commander
Oct 23, 2013
Lightning Returns
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster
Final Fantasy XV
Bravely Default: For the Sequel
Kingdom Hearts III
Kingdom Hearts 2.5HD ReMIX

I still dont see anything about lightning returns that I would want
It's certainly nowhere near my #1 must-have thing on the foreseeable horizon, but there's something very particular about Lightning Returns that makes me willing to spend some money on it unlike FFXIII-2.

A world-driven game frankly, is something I actually want. It sounds enticing. It even sounds exciting. It sounds like the next-level sort of realisation for an RPG that I came to want after FFXII, but never received with FFXIII. Though given all the compromises, insufficient engine tech and the short development time, I'm certainly not expecting anything groundbreaking, or comparatively on-par with other fully-fledged RPGs with fuller development times, but at least I'm seeing an offline FF game that's closer to my desired vision than Square's other HD output (though I've never had the chance to play The Last Remnant), even if I have virtually no hope of a story that will leave me applauding at the end.

It also gives me a chance for a cynic like me to properly judge Toriyama's team on a new test. Sure, they have failed with story in my opinion, but can they make an RPG that's closer to my vision, as opposed to a claustrophobic story-driven experience with a story and cast that I just couldn't enjoy as much as I initially wanted to?

I'm going to have to include Persona 5 and the inevitable next Fallout in here.

Persona 5? I'll give it 2016 until it gets over here in the UK. I don't trust Atlus to NOT region-lock a PS3 game again at the moment, and if they decide to do just that, I'm not holding out much hope for whoever is localising and publishing for Europe and Aussieland to do a good, speedy job of it.

And for a next Fallout, do you know what I want to do? Become President of the post-apocalyptic USA, or at least a certain bit of it. I want to lie, betray and murder my way through to get on the ticket and get voted in. My Vice-President nominee shall be a Super Mutant. And I can rule over the apocalyptic wastes, bringing prosperity
to the mutants

...if only.