Upcoming RPG's

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

RyoonZ

Balamb Garden Freshman
Sep 26, 2013
Indonesia
There's a lot of RPG in coming weeks. Etrian Odyssey, Rune Factory, Pokémon. I'll get them all but not necessarily looking forward to them, still have yet to play KH 1.5 HD and lots of other games. I'm more looking forward to announcement.

Mifune13

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Sep 26, 2013
Pokemon def, and I know it is not an RPG but I am really excited for the HD rerelease of Wind Waker.

Zack

Somniac
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 29, 2013
Watch Dogs. I'll keep this inside joke running as long as I want.

Other than that, excited to play Guided Fate Paradox, Witch and the Hundred Knights, and Lily Bergamo.

Last edited:

Ciel

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Sep 26, 2013
Just Pokemon this year. Wind Waker HD if it counts. I am a bit curious about the new Etrian Odyssey, but I played the original to the end and still barely touched IV so it is probably not worth it.

Sep 26, 2013
Final Fantasy XV
Kingdom Hearts 3
Monolith Soft's X
Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
The inevitable Final Fantasy VI remake (unless it's mobile)
The Legend of Zelda (Wii U)

Ehren

The Sunflower Knight
Site Staff
Sep 17, 2013
Bethany, Oklahoma
I think it's a little silly that people term only games with some form of turn-based combat to be an RPG. To be perfectly honest, the idea that a game based in action can't be an RPG is one of the most soul-crushing opinions I've seen in gaming. As someone who is well versed in Pen-And-Paper RPGs which largely predate video games, a game like Legend of Zelda or something with character creation is the purist form of RPG out there. You create your own character and fill them up with your own thoughts and ideas, and even when their appearance is decided for you (as with Link) that sense of "I'll make him be what I want" is still pretty prolific.

Games with spoken lines or fully established personalities are RPGs too, of course, but a very different kind. It's the difference between improv and a script; Both are still acting and filling a role, even if their source methods are fundamentally different. That's why we have terms like TBRPG, ARPG, SRPG, PRPG, etc. It's not quite as eyeroll worthy as the WRPG/JRPG debate, but it's pretty close.

I just wanna fukken have fun.