Vote For Super Smash Bros. New character Now!

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
Been campaigning for Dixie for years. Best Kong, and lord knows the game needs another. DK is so underrepresented. I would be happy with K. Rool, but Dixie is a must.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
Been campaigning for Dixie for years. Best Kong, and lord knows the game needs another. DK is so underrepresented. I would be happy with K. Rool, but Dixie is a must.
I want Dixie Kong too. I even tweeted about it. :p

Here's something to think about.

Sakurai has said over and over again that making a new character takes time. Mewtwo was announced as DLC before Smash on Wii U came out last year (was in a Smash direct that happened in either Oct or Nov). Spring 2015 release too.

Many people were thinking this but there was no way that they could only be working on Mewtwo this whole entire time. And people were right cause Lucas came out of nowhere!

Also, the ballot deadline is October 3rd, 2015. Does that mean fan voted characters won't be arriving until 2016?

I think it's one of the following.

1) They have a pretty good idea on characters who will receive the most votes and have started to work on them already.
2) They have other DLC characters planned that Sakurai has already decided on and have nothing to do with the Smash ballot. If so, then I'm betting they'll probably be announced at E315 and released throughout the year.
3) There are no other DLC characters planned that Sakurai decided on and it's only fan voted stuff. We won't see them until sometime after October 3rd, 2015.

It's a bit strange really that the ballot deadline is in October. That's 6 months.

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
To be honest, I think the DLC is probably already largely locked in place, but I think there's more beyond this.

The DLC - we're almost certain to get the missing Smash Veterans - Mewtwo & Lucas are already confirmed. Wolf'll follow, I'm sure. They also have scope, if they want, to adapt Squirtle & Bulbasaur into full characters derivative from how they play as Pokemon Trainer in Brawl. There's also a few characters rumoured for Brawl that were very likely cut based on content found on the disc (like the Chorus Men) and stuff.

I think anybody who has any existing asset is more likely to make it in. I think Golden Sun's Isaac is a very interesting case, as well: He was an Assist Trophy in Brawl, and despite the fact almost all the Brawl assist trophies appeared in the new game completely untouched, Isaac was absent entirely. Maybe he was destined for greater things...

Beyond that, I think Nintendo would be mega smart to prepare a Super Smash Bros for NX for launch day. It doesn't need to be a whole new game - just make it the Wii U game with balance changes, plus DLC, and with some new stages. The community will eat it up. Nintendo is gradually starting to embrace the rerelease culture, and post Wind Waker HD Iwata has made clear they intend to do more. Basically, I think the tail of this survey's result could extend beyond Wii U.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
Dixie was planned for Brawl, too, as a duo with Diddy. I will never give up hope she'll get her chance.

On remasters, I'm surprised Nintendo hasn't announced anything else after WWHD. Very surprised. Though the fact they've released Galaxy 2 on Wii U eShop and not Galaxy 1 indicates to me they may be HDifying that game. Just really would have expected another release by now, but we've got nothing.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
Beyond that, I think Nintendo would be mega smart to prepare a Super Smash Bros for NX for launch day. It doesn't need to be a whole new game - just make it the Wii U game with balance changes, plus DLC, and with some new stages. The community will eat it up. Nintendo is gradually starting to embrace the rerelease culture, and post Wind Waker HD Iwata has made clear they intend to do more. Basically, I think the tail of this survey's result could extend beyond Wii U.
I’d actually prefer this. It’s getting to the point now where there is only so much Sakurai can do with Smash. So why start from scratch? It’d be better to just take the Wii U version and add to it. More characters, more stages, more trophies, more items and more mini games, just more of everything. Create the ultimate version.

This would actually make a lot of people happy I think in regards to the roster, as what we currently have would be left untouched and only get bigger. Could tackle a ton of characters people want. And let's face it, Smash hype comes down to the characters and not so much the other stuff. They would still be able to generate a ton of excitement.

Also, I can see a lot of Wii U games being ported to NX as many titles aren’t getting the sales that they should be getting. Smash should be a 10 million seller and the Wii U version isn’t even close to that.