[WARNING - VERY SPOILERy] Theory about the original versus ending and how it might connect to Kingdom Heart (Union X in particular)

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
May 15, 2018
This is going to be quite spoilery, so be aware

So, lately I was thinking about the old story leaks of FFXV and versusXIII and something popped into my mind.

You probably know about the 4chan leak before the release of the game, that basically predicted 90% of the plot, albeit with some minor changes - such as Ardyn having a second form. the leaker also said that the story of XV changed many times, and even at the time when he was writing it, they were still changing the scenario.

So, the one thing that got my attention was this:
Adnotacja 2020-02-04 202205.png
and then I thought of the very first trailer of versus, with a shot of Noctis sleeping on the throne at the end:
Adnotacja 2020-02-04 202033.png

So my guess is: (wait for it)

The original tragic ending of versus XIII was Noctis unintentionally ending the world by killing Stella/Etro and becoming a god.

Now, a quote from Kingdom Hearts for your consideration:
"Don't assume your dreams are just fantasy. If you can imagine a world, believe in it...and dive in."

This made me think of this: what if, Noctis IS the Master of Masters from Kingdom Hearts, dreaming new words and hoping this time someone doesn`t make his mistakes again - thus saves the world from the apocalypse?
As these dreams are his own, he knows he can`t outsmart himself - so after writing the Book of Prophecies - which is his own logic how most likely everything goes, he doesn`t give his apprentices the full instructions - hoping that they will outsmart him and save the world.

We know that the original versus Noctis was somewhat edgier than the one from XV, with quotes like:
"You saw my strength didnt you?!" (from 2011 trailer)
and the famous “Fools set the rules in this world. Just take a look around. It's undeniable.”

This leads me to the 7 deadly sins theory of the foretellers of KHUX - where it`s hypothesized that the 7th sin is superbia (or vanity in English) - maybe that`s what made gave in - he thought he knows best, ignoring the other side of the story?

Another thing is - Final Fantasy XIII-2 is thought by some of having some original plot of versus blended in, and the ending is
Noel unintentionally killing Etro (and Serah) by killing Caius with her heart inside him and unleashing chaos

Now what I think about Yozora - maybe he`s some kind of MoM attempt to recreate Insomnia and doing everything right this time around...?

Just a little something to think about.

EDIT: as a side note, does anyone else notice the similiarity? It`s even in the same key!

organization XIII theme:

original somnus from versus XIII arrangement:

It`s like... even sadder Somnus
(even more blatant: compare 00:14 in the first video to 00:14 in the second video)

Last edited: