What are your thoughts on Final Fantasy XV appearing at E3 2014?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Redichi24

PSICOM Soldier
Oct 1, 2013
How many times have they said it would be at a bunch of events, but they eventually only show it for one or two. Probably going to be the same this year. I don't expect anything big until TGS and onwards.

Sep 26, 2013
If you remember around this time last year, we were hearing all sorts of things about the game showing up at E3. Those in the know were letting it slip.

Kingdom Hearts III showing up also slipped last year too.

We're hearing nothing right now.

Myrodis19

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 15, 2014
Westminster, Maryland
If you remember around this time last year, we were hearing all sorts of things about the game showing up at E3. Those in the know were letting it slip.

Kingdom Hearts III showing up also slipped last year too.

We're hearing nothing right now.
Well i would think this being a high profile game for them that they wouldn't get so loose lipped. Especially if it is something big they would reveal?

Redichi24

PSICOM Soldier
Oct 1, 2013
This is how I read it.
"We would like to keep it secret. It just only a few months from now. I'm pretty sure you will be surprised.We might tell you what is our plans, but it's better you see by yourself at Tokyo."
TGS for sure.

Th3AustralianGam3r

Balamb Garden Freshman
Nov 29, 2013
This is how I read it.
"We would like to keep it secret. It just only a few months from now. I'm pretty sure you will be surprised.We might tell you what is our plans, but it's better you see by yourself at Tokyo."
TGS for sure.
That so sounds like when the Japanese release date be announced.

nikos29

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Oct 7, 2013
FYI
On friday Square Enix France made some teasing on twitter. When a user asked square enix france some news about japanese games like type 0, they answered to "follow very carefully E3 this year" ans that we will have some "surprises"
Hmmm it's the second time in a few days that Square Enix is talking about surprises... i'm torn between fear and hope at this point...

nikos29

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Oct 7, 2013
Here is the exact translation from one if the teasing tweet of Square Enix France : "Seriously, there will be announcements at E3, and you definitely don't want to miss them ! "

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
Even if there is a lot to be excited about this E3 (provided that companies like Sony decide to finally show what they have for the future), if there is nothing about XV I'll be seriously dissapointed (but not surprised at all, lol).

I'll keep my expectations low, especially considering that even if you interpret that Hashimoto interview in a positive way, they already said last E3 that they would have a steady and constant flow of information about the title... and you know how that turned out.

BTW, I saw some days ago a post on GAF talking about an Italian guy called Prokanon, who is supposed to be a Famitsu editor that said that S-E gave them information about XV but put it on hold 'till E3. I don't know anything about that, is it legit? The Famitsu part basically, I mean, since it would kind of validate what he is talking about.

Last edited:

nikos29

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Oct 7, 2013
I truly believe that SE will give news about japanese games at E3 : japanese editors are starting to realize that sales outside of japan for these games are at least as good as sales in their home country.

For example Tales of Zestiria is the first tales of confirmed for a Western release at its announcement

Square Enix themselves acknowledged the fact that Bravely default did well abroad and that they will reconsider their politics regarding japanese games location