What do you want in a FFXV limited/collectors edition?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Redichi24

PSICOM Soldier
Oct 1, 2013
In my personal opinion Japan in general barely presents to us any limited editions worth the fixed price to preorder, it gets even worse when scalpers are involved and with Australia's prices being so high these prices become over the top ranging up to even $400. Now personally I think Square Enix is the worst of the worst giving to us terrible limited editions at near rediculous prices or do I need to bring up the last 2 final fantasy XIII limited editions? Oh and XIII-2 chrystal edition? $250 Aus and no reedming qualities.

Lets face it Square Enix a tiny book filled with screen shots is not an Art book! A soundtract with 6 songs is not appealing, and what else to you have? Lithographs? Don't make me laugh!!! In Australia you charged $138 for this piece of shiz? Get your crap together.

So heres a few tips:
  • Including a figure will make it much more appealing, even if your charging a high price lets say $200 Aus people will pay.
  • I know SE fixed this problem but if your charging a hefty price, don't give us a 6 track disc, give us the full soundtrack.
  • Art books, this is a big one! Include concept art, not just screen shots and final art that you can basically find all over the net. Give us something special and atleast provide bried information and diary entries.
  • No Lithographs or postcards! Seriously Square Enix no one gives a flying fig about these prints! Seriosly.
  • Be innovative, look at some western game likes Assassins creed for example, the newer boxes such as AC 3 were innovative and felt like we were unboxing something great! (Truth is it was pretty nice). Oh and maybe go Blazblue style and make a controller cover?
  • None of this day one DLC or limited edition DLC bull crap, seriously no!
  • And finally steel books with exclusive art, poster or maybe even wall scrolls are always a nice edition.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
I am a sucker these days for thick, high quality art books. Concept art, every early design, CG renders - all of it. From pics I've seen of the FFXHD art book, it looks the same size as the actual game box, so that will be disappointing. I want a proper big book full to the brim. That, and a full OST - not a small selection of tracks. Those would be the main things I'd want.

buddhafied

Sphere Hunter
Sep 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
I'm with Azuardo on this one, a full OST will definitely get my interest up. Concept art books are nice unless they are full size, which is not likely and I often look at it once and then safe keep it so I'm not sure if I really want them anymore, especially I get to enjoy most arts on the internet now.

A clothing/accessory piece where people can use when they cosplay character will be nice though.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
I'm with Azuardo on this one, a full OST will definitely get my interest up. Concept art books are nice unless they are full size, which is not likely and I often look at it once and then safe keep it so I'm not sure if I really want them anymore, especially I get to enjoy most arts on the internet now.

A clothing/accessory piece where people can use when they cosplay character will be nice though.
Accessories aren't a bad idea. Imagine having got an officially-made pure silver Griever necklace in an FFVIII limited edition, for example. I bet there'll be some sort of notable pendant in XV - they seem to always have something like it in FFs these days. Might end up kind of expensive, though, heh.

I would like many things:

• A full mannequin set of Noctis, Ignis, Gladiolus, Prompto and Cor
  • The full Roen clothes collection. Can't have the five mannequins stand naked, can we?
  • A whole load of Noctis perfume. It may or may not have an actual odour
  • The red-haired man's fedora
  • The full DVD collection of the behind-the-scenes look at the very development of the game starting from its earliest days as Versus XIII back in/before 2006!
  • The full OST, but with a bonus snippet of a recorded interview with Yoko Shimomura where she has absolutely no recollection of ever composing a soundtrack for a game called FFXV/Versus XIII
  • Beachwear DLC for our plucky young heroes
  • DLC where Stella slowly transforms into Lightning, prompting at least three horrified threads on NeoGAF calling for the end of days
  • A DVD crossover special of Noctis and Sasuke from Naruto bumping into each other and having their own weird little adventures
  • FFXV-themed PS4 or Xbox One. Except they've made the "mistake" of putting Ezio Audi- uhh, white-robed guy on it instead of Noctis in hopes of fooling the Assassin's Creed fans into getting one
  • The Curious Case of Stella Nox Fleuret. A special segment showing the wealthy Tenebrae woman getting aesthetically younger and younger in design since her first reveal in...2008 was it?
I never buy limited/collectors' editions of games, so I don't actually have any serious proposals for one, apart from a themed console, the OST, the standard art book, and maybe even discounts for future paid DLCs! Hurray!

Leon Aether

ShinRa SOLDIER
Sep 26, 2013
Corfu, Greece
I agree with Azuardo too. A full OST would be ideal. And an artbook much bigger than the game box would be welcomed! I suppose we may get an accessory too, but I don't get my hopes up... Here in EU and in NA we are bit "forgotten" if I may say regarding this matter. In Japan they have everything. Ok they pay for them, but at least eveything is available for purchase if someone wants so bad to get them...

soup or mann

PSICOM Soldier
UFFSite Veteran
Sep 29, 2013
I'd like it to be lees than $150.00 and come with a good quality art book, soundtrack CD, a Play Arts action figure of one of the main characters and maybe some in-game DLC costumes, too.

Dollow

PSICOM Soldier
Sep 26, 2013
dollowrlance.blogspot.com
All Square Enix Special Editions outside of Japan suck, none of them really try to sell you on on the package or the game, at most you get an artbook of poor quality or that are just uninspired (like the Kingdom Hearts Birth Sleep Artbook). I honestly believe they think we don't want them here in the west, or they are too expensive that they cut into Square's bottom line of profit. (I think its the later).

A high quality 100 page artbook (with keynotes), Lithographs, a different cover art on the game and a nice box to hold it in.

No: DLC bundles, no posters (What is the point of a poster if it is going to be folded?), no stickers or decals (I can print a decal if I want one), and no soundtracks if you are not going to give us the full ost.

Take a note from Ys: Memories of Celceta - Silver Anniversary Edition by Xseed, that what Square Enix should be doing.

gaiages

:<
Site Staff
Sep 26, 2013
Florida
I'm usually fine with the standard 'limited edition' stuff that most companies package with the game themselves for the same $60 (so basically I don't want to pay extra): A decent sized OST (doesn't need to be complete) and a decent sized artbook. Then again, I gladly paid $50 for SMTIV's special edition, which (at $10 more) came with... uh, cool stuff, I'm honestly too lazy to get up and look at the box. Of course, with that $30 Club Nintendo credit they were giving out for SMTIV+FE:A, I certainly got more value out of grabbing than normal.

All the other things mentioned sound great too, but I'm not one to pay more than $100 for a Special Edition (the only one I got at that price was Tales of Xillia SE), so I wouldn't pick up some of those more goodie filled ones, since they'd undoubtedly rise above that price.