What if Tabata is in charge of Kingdom Hearts?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Skye

Red Wings Commander
Sep 26, 2013
I bet that he would cut at least 35% of the characters in Kingdom Hearts.

Just for fun,
He would probably say, "For those who were excited to see Xion in the game, unfortunately we will not include her in the game, it would be too confusing for the story." or "We would not include Ventus, because players would confuse between Ventus and Roxas."

Edit: I don't post this thread as a Tabata Hater, I'm not trying to be sarcastic, I thought it would be an interesting topic to talk about in this forums. Sorry posting this thread in a very wrong way

Last edited:

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015

Yet another good example of why Versus XIII fanboys are never to be taken seriously.

This thread is riddled with unnecessary stealth pissing & moaning over what didn't carry over in XV (i'm including head canon here), Tabata isn't the boogeyman last time i checked, and no amount of circlejerking will change that. But i'll answer for the sake of this vapid topic anyway.

There'd probably be less complaining over a release date. Beyond that, the storytelling quality probably wouldn't be all that different + gameplay changes. There ya go.

Last edited:

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina

Just for fun,
He would probably say, "For those who were excited to see Xion in the game, unfortunately we will not include her in the game, it would be too confusing for the story." or "We would not include Ventus, because players would confuse between Ventus and Roxas."
I don´t think this is the right way to start a discussion. However, I think this thread can be interesting if we take the matter a bit seriously, this is my contribution:

Storytelling:
Looking at his three major games (Crisis Core, Type-0, FFXV) we could deduce that he has a particular storytelling style said style involves: some very important plot points presented in scattered pieces notes, optional readable supplementary content within the games, cryptic hints, missable dialogue from random NPCs, he seens likes to hide plot-relevant stuff and make you question "whats going on?" if you happened to walk past generic NPC #524 or didn't touch the glowy stuff. The details you gain from all these materials sometimes are a bit thin in content.
Whether this style is good/bad or whether he executes them well is a separate discussion.

With all that said how would this translate to a Kingdom Hearts game if he directed one?

He would probably make large use of the secret notes and random NPCs giving you information with varying degree of details that may or may not clarify certain plot details.

Gameplay:
I say the difference would be minimal in this department, both Nomura and Tabata are fond of action style gameplay. The only new feature that a Kingdom Hearts game could get from his directing would be the mechanique of holding down a button to perform certain actions.

Last edited:

Skye

Red Wings Commander
Sep 26, 2013

Yet another good example of why Versus XIII fanboys are never to be taken seriously.

This thread is riddled with unnecessary stealth pissing & moaning over what didn't carry over in XV (i'm including head canon here), Tabata isn't the boogeyman last time i checked, and no amount of circlejerking will change that. But i'll answer for the sake of this vapid topic anyway.

There'd probably be less complaining over a release date. Beyond that, the storytelling quality probably wouldn't be all that different + gameplay changes. There ya go.
Well I rarely post my opinions and I don't really have an idea of what's going on this forums and please don't label me as "Versus XIII fanboy" i'm not on Versus or XV's side, I criticized Tabata for ruining Nomura's vision for XV just once because I feel that the game is rushed and unfinished. However, I do understand that Tabata wanted to release this game by 2016. I praised Tabata for Crisis Core and Type-0. I do like the things are going with DLCs and don't get me wrong. I post this thread as a "What if" not a Tabata hater.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
Well I rarely post my opinions and I don't really have an idea of what's going on this forums and please don't label me as "Versus XIII fanboy" i'm not on Versus or XV's side, I criticized Tabata for ruining Nomura's vision for XV just once because I feel that the game is rushed and unfinished. However, I do understand that Tabata wanted to release this game by 2016. I praised Tabata for Crisis Core and Type-0. I do like the things are going with DLCs and don't get me wrong. I post this thread as a "What if" not a Tabata hater.
There's a lot of things that we don't know, and it's best not to have any final concrete thoughts simply due to what little information we have to work with. We don't know if Tabata would have wanted to release FFXV in 2016, or if SE gave him that deadline. We NEVER fully knew what Nomura's vision was because he has not only had a lack of interviews to fully explain his thoughts, but also on record wanted to change FFXV in possible extreme manners as well (e.g. musical idea).

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
No GOD NO GOD NO

Look I like that mans games, but no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no. The storytelling in Type-0 Is no where near BBS, KH2, KH1, hell I had more attachment of 358/2 Days characters than Type-0.
Tabata will never be in charge of Kingdom Hearts like never.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
I don´t think this is the right way to start a discussion. However, I think this thread can be interesting if we take the matter a bit seriously, this is my contribution:

Storytelling:
Looking at his three major games (Crisis Core, Type-0, FFXV) we could deduce that he has a particular storytelling style said style involves: some very important plot points presented in scattered pieces notes, optional readable supplementary content within the games, cryptic hints, missable dialogue from random NPCs, he seens likes to hide plot-relevant stuff and make you question "whats going on?" if you happened to walk past generic NPC #524 or didn't touch the glowy stuff. The details you gain from all these materials sometimes are a bit thin in content.
Whether this style is good/bad or whether he executes them well is a separate discussion.

With all that said how would this translate to a Kingdom Hearts game if he directed one?

He would probably make large use of the secret notes and random NPCs giving you information with varying degree of details that may or may not clarify certain plot details.

Gameplay:
I say the difference would be minimal in this department, both Nomura and Tabata are fond of action style gameplay. The only new feature that a Kingdom Hearts game could get from his directing would be the mechanique of holding down a button to perform certain actions.
Crisis Core was written by Nojima, you want Tabata's storytelling in it's purest form take a look at Type-0 he's one of the writers on it.