What you don´t want in KH3

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
What the title says. This can range from gameplay elements, plot development, marketing and other stuff, please try to detailed enough of what you don´t want in KHIII as well as to why.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
As the thread creator I will the first one.

I DON´T WANT THE GAME TO BE LONG
By long I mean something beyond the 50hs mark, for me between 40hs-50hs is the absolute longest any story driven game could be stretched before starting to steam and interest for me.
Some may argue that there´s way too much content to cover plot-wise and that KHIII needs those 50+ hours of story to cover it all but I´d say it does not need it, what KHIII really needs is working out its story pacing, a big problem that has plagued every game after the first entry. There were many instances in KHII (and the other games) where "stuff simply happened" and didn´t contribute to the story in any meaninful way (the second visit you do in each DISNEY world doesn´t advance the ORGXIII plot but rather resolves an issue that´s unrelated to that one).

Botton line: Every moment (or most of them) in KHIII should have something relevant to the story and have no distraction what so ever.

EDIT: My ideal KHIII would be about 40 hours long at best.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Yeah well, plot is complicated enough. Don't push the thing further Nomura. Just make it easy to understand for people who haven't played the bazillion games in the franchise.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
Yeah well, plot is complicated enough. Don't push the thing further Nomura. Just make it easy to understand for people who haven't played the bazillion games in the franchise.
Wont happen lol its the last in the series its going to continue all the plot threads from the last games which were complicated.

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
As the thread creator I will the first one.

I DON´T WANT THE GAME TO BE LONG
By long I mean something beyond the 50hs mark, for me between 40hs-50hs is the absolute longest any story driven game could be stretched before starting to steam and interest for me.
Some may argue that there´s way too much content to cover plot-wise and that KHIII needs those 50+ hours of story to cover it all but I´d say it does not need it, what KHIII really needs is working out its story pacing, a big problem that has plagued every game after the first entry. There were many instances in KHII (and the other games) where "stuff simply happened" and didn´t contribute to the story in any meaninful way (the second visit you do in each DISNEY world doesn´t advance the ORGXIII plot but rather resolves an issue that´s unrelated to that one).

Botton line: Every moment (or most of them) in KHIII should have something relevant to the story and have no distraction what so ever.

EDIT: My ideal KHIII would be about 40 hours long at best.
I wouldn't worry about the length of the game. Kingdom Hearts never really crossed the 30-35h (max.) mark if it comes down to just the story and if they would've cut a lot of unnessecary filler and backtracking stuff, it would be even way below that number.

NemesisSP

ShinRa SOLDIER
Dec 1, 2013
Lightning is most likely gonna be in KHIII. Sorry, but it's just gonna happen eventually, Nomura likes her a lot and there are more fans who want her in it than don't. A more likely female character who will absolutely not be in the game is Luna. And it's because Nomura did not design her and probably didn't even create her.

As for me, I don't want Noctis and gang in it. The reason isn't because I don't want this game associated with FFXV, it's just that I think at this point, both games need to stand on their own. I think at this point, having Noctis in KHIII would just be distracting.

If we're sticking to FF elements, I also think the only character from pre-FFVII who should show up is Kain (and possibly Cecil and Golbez)and that's only because Nomura likes him too. Too many people complained about how Setzer and Vivi were handled and even though he did redesigns for the characters for Dissidia, I couldn't see what characters like Firion would contribute to the story other than fanservice or something. I think with Kain, it'd be more interesting to see him act as a foil for Riku, since Riku took after him a bit in the first game.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
A cliffhanger ending, or New Game+-reliant story elements
More convoluted plot elements and surprise twists that make has us have to rethink/replay the entire saga again
Sora not evolving from his everyday kid persona, which is beginning to wear after 10+ years
Too much somber gravitas or too much humor, prefer a proper balance
More Final Fantasy VII and antique Disney
Story or content DLC

Bionicle8563

SOLDIER Second Class
May 25, 2016
Australia M8
Idk where to put this so I'll put it here. Imagine if Storybrooke (Once Upon a Time) became a world in KH3. It would be absolutely terrible, so you could say I don't want it in KH3, but it could also be really really funny to see Emma and Henry and all the renditions of all the storybook characters alongside their actual Disney counterparts.

Zaraki

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Nov 20, 2016
Lack of FF cameos and involvement in the story
Stupid filler worlds like Enchanted Dominion, Cinderella's castle, dwarf woodlands
Every line to be some pretentious speech about light and darkness and friendship crap
More convoluted crap like time travel
Unbalanced, floaty and button masher gameplay like BBS and DDD
A short story-it should be 40-50 hours
Lack of post game content like DDD