Why FFVII Remake going action would not bother me anymore. (Opinions Thread)

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What would you prefer for FFVII remake battle system?

• Total voters

King BImpy Hail Me

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Apr 28, 2015
Traditional random encounters and turn base is too outdated. That's why games like Blue Dragon needed something to stand out. I haven't played any 7th-8th gen turn base that falls in line with what I experienced during my PS1 years.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
I've said it multiple times and I'll say it again. The battle should and most likely will be ARPG. Nomura confirmed the battle system will be something more realistic, it's all but confirmed at this point that it will be an ARPG.

Sep 26, 2013
They're definitely not going to please everybody. If they wanted to play it safe, then they would just do what Capcom did with the Resident Evil remake. Keep everything as is but update the visuals. What Capcom did was perfect. Since Square Enix is not going that route, things will be redesigned. Things will change, be added or cut. Fans will have unrealistic expectations about all of this. I imagine many fans are thinking they'll get something exactly like the original but all in real-time glory with 8th generation visuals and amazing production values.