Why Prompto was voted least liked by fans?!

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Mar 23, 2015
:crystal::crystal::crystal::crystal::crystal:This is an old topic from the survey statistics from the Fan Survey Active Time Report.

:ffpointer:Basically the video discusses why this might have happened, one of the causes included being human error but i personally felt confused after seeing the survey results. I honestly felt Prompto's personality was the light of the demo. Comment your opinion :).:woot:

Mar 23, 2015
Prompto is my favorite out of the gang. I personally found Gladiolus to be pretty stale and unlikable.
Lol Thank you... now you understand why i think there was something off about the stats...even Hajime Tabata was surprised about the stats lol. Thanks for commenting i appreciate it.

Mar 23, 2015
I'm guessing it's something stupid like Prompto being the least dudebro of the bunch.
Personally i feel that was his role and makes him stand out, his role and description really can't be altered and made work within the scenario while also making him stand out... if his role was different i feel the cast would be made saturated and make the team feel incomplete.

Mar 23, 2015
I heard the majority says they found Prompto's voice & lines very annoying. Colin Moriarty of Kinda Funny found it so as well:

That is really interesting, i totally feel that Prompto's voice and lines were spot on mean while noct's voice and Gladio's voice were oddly similar and kind of out of tune with how the characters were and Ignis is a completely different story with his voice... i can live with their voices though but Prompto's voice in my opinion was clear cut fine and i know he looks a little like cloud but his voice matches his description and role. Prompto is a cool, funny ladies-man. I wanted his voice to be a culmination of beast boy from Teen Titans and Eren from AoT(English dub of course), and he has that voice. Noctis should get a voice like sasuke's honestly, Gladio's voice is fine but he needs to have a more cloudesque approach while maintaining the same voice profile. Ignis i could get used to...eventually. Anyway enough of me rambling on :p. Thanks for commenting and posting a nice video i greatly appreciate it.

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
I heard the majority says they found Prompto's voice & lines very annoying. Colin Moriarty of Kinda Funny found it so as well:

Oh this guy is so weird. He always looks so grim and bitter when he's talking about something. I usually enjoy the "kinda funny gamecasts" but everytime they talk about Final Fantasy it's a complete mess.

Last edited:

Myrodis19

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 15, 2014
Westminster, Maryland
I like him as well. He seems like that sort of naive character who is all fun and games, comedic relief if you will, but at the same time he is also the one who people can hopefully relate too. I also think he will probably end up having quite the dark story to him in the final game.

But he is my favorite of the bunch too.

zenobia

Balamb Garden Freshman
Mar 13, 2015
Prompto is my favorite character in everyway, to me he has the best lines.
Noctis for me is second
Ignis is number three
and Gladio is number four for me.
i can't get enough of prompto he is just the best in my book i really like to just watch him do everything he does he is funny and i smile watching him.

Last edited:

Kenshin_44

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Mar 18, 2015
Something important about these polls. Only retail purchases could have vote. Most of the people i know myself included bought the digital version so those with digital copies could not participate in these polls. I really like the whole gang cidney included and it would be tough choosing one over the other but prompto is one of my fav makes me laugh everytime

Mar 23, 2015
I guess people have grown tired of the stereotypical "funny man"? To each his own, I guess.
Perhaps... i like how you said "stereotype". I too grow tired of "stereotypes" but i feel though he might look like the stereotype on the exterior i think once we get to know more and more about him he will become less confined to the "stereotype"... did you know that Prompto is actually a wanted man and felon supposedly(evidence in my character analysis video)...just saying the more we see Prompto the more interesting he gets.

Mar 23, 2015
Prompto is my favorite character in everyway, to me he has the best lines.
Noctis for me is second
Ignis is number three
and Gladio is number four for me.
i can't get enough of prompto he is just the best in book i really like to just watch him do everything he does he is funny and i smile watching him.
Thank you lol, i feel the absolute same way.

rboxman

Balamb Garden Freshman
Feb 20, 2015
I liked Ignis the least (and yeah I used the JP voiceovers) but Prompto was a close second worst. Yeah, he fits with what we know about his character so far but he was still an annoying goof-ball. I swear, if Noctis and Stella/Luna are having a 'moment' at a nice dinner/event and this guy knocks something over because he's clumsy I'm going to... be really sad :-/ If they keep his antics confined to the battlefield and not within the more serious cutscenes I'd appreciate it.

That said, I think it would be awesome to have a sad/heartfelt back story for this guy. Perhaps he's just so carefree because something really bad happened in his past and this is how he copes.

Mar 23, 2015
I liked Ignis the least (and yeah I used the JP voiceovers) but Prompto was a close second worst. Yeah, he fits with what we know about his character so far but he was still an annoying goof-ball. I swear, if Noctis and Stella/Luna are having a 'moment' at a nice dinner/event and this guy knocks something over because he's clumsy I'm going to... be really sad :-/ If they keep his antics confined to the battlefield and not within the more serious cutscenes I'd appreciate it.

That said, I think it would be awesome to have a sad/heartfelt back story for this guy. Perhaps he's just so carefree because something really bad happened in his past and this is how he copes.
Thinking the same thing... as i said i recently analyzed that he was a wanted man and convicted felon, could he have been framed or maybe his family...can he be an orphan. We must wait until further news and details releases lol.

coffee-san

Sphere Hunter
Mar 18, 2015
I personally disliked Prompto, but for purely gameplay reasons. He's useless.
As a character, his trope is kinda something I expect from FF. There's usually someone who brings levity to the game, and it just happens to be Prompto for FFXV. His role doesn't exactly feel "forced" or out of place among the rest of the party either, so I think he's fine in that regard.

Mar 23, 2015
I personally disliked Prompto, but for purely gameplay reasons. He's useless.
As a character, his trope is kinda something I expect from FF. There's usually someone who brings levity to the game, and it just happens to be Prompto for FFXV. His role doesn't exactly feel "forced" or out of place among the rest of the party either, so I think he's fine in that regard.
Hmm i kind of have to agree with you that gameplay-wise he is kind of lackluster. Character-wise i felt he was a nice addition to the party but remember that in his description it stated he was new to combat so he naturally has to be weak..(in the beginning at least). He could drastically improve as the game progresses... we don't know. Thanks for sharing your opinion it is greatly appreciated!

coffee-san

Sphere Hunter
Mar 18, 2015
I think there's a better way to have that combat inexperience represented rather than just having a useless AI. His AI is only good for standing around and being killed lol.

The clumsily executed way in which Prompto does his attacks is a good representation of that. His stagnant EXP growth when compared to the rest of the cast is also a great representation.

But yeah, hopefully there's some change in this aspect. I don't want gameplay to suffer heavily due to plot devices, JRPGs have been going downhill in the last couple years because everything is being influenced by plot alone nowadays :(
Also no problem!

Sep 26, 2013
I think there's a better way to have that combat inexperience represented rather than just having a useless AI. His AI is only good for standing around and being killed lol.

The clumsily executed way in which Prompto does his attacks is a good representation of that. His stagnant EXP growth when compared to the rest of the cast is also a great representation.

But yeah, hopefully there's some change in this aspect. I don't want gameplay to suffer heavily due to plot devices, JRPGs have been going downhill in the last couple years because everything is being influenced by plot alone nowadays :(
Also no problem!
I actually found Glad a lot more lacking in use than Prompto. Sure the gunslinger is a bit fragile, but Bind Bullet is easily the single most potent ability any of your comrades has access to. Stop the enemy in its tracks and get free critical strikes all in one package? Yes please! Add to that that there will apparently be a menu you can issue battle commands in during combat and Prompto has buckets of potential.

Meanwhile Glad was a big fan of standing far away from enemies that were brutalizing me, which isn't really what I'm looking for in a tank...