Windows 10

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

darkbahamut

Balamb Garden Freshman
UFFSite Veteran
Sep 26, 2013
Portsmouth, UK
(If this has already been made, feel free to merge)

Windows 10 launched today, and I've got my free upgrade from Windows 8. While it took 3 hours overall (had to go through all of my programs to prepare) the installation was otherwise smooth.

As for the OS itself, it has fixed almost all of the problems Windows 8 had, although it has a few little niggles. The only technical problem I've had was when the Start menu wouldn't open, so I had to run a command in PowerShell to fix (for more info on this, click here), which seems to be a lingering issue from previews.

Anyone else got their copy/upgrade yet?

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Ok nearly 20 hours since july 29th began and still no notifications of my update, is something wrong ?
W10.jpg
Everything is OK, minus the optional touch screen.
It even says that i already made my reservation.

Attachments

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
It says I have my reservation, and that I have to wait until it notifies me that my PC is ready for it.

I AM READY. WHY DO I HAVE TO WAIT.

Leon Gehste

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Apr 16, 2015
Got mine installed and got everything almost setup the way i want it, down side is I should have saved pictures to a flash drive lost those :( . So far everything runs fast and fine Cortana is really interesting, somehow i was able to run Deus Ex Human Revolution from using Cortana but can't remember what exactly what i said. As for your download problem the way i downloaded Windows 10 was from this http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 it asks either to upgrade current PC or you're able to create a Install disc or USB drive to install on other computers.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
After 9 days of waiting i finally installed Windows 10. My impresions :

The first 20 minutes after the system restarts, everything was slow like the browser took 15-20 seconds to open after the first click, the same applied to every folder i tried to open but, everything went back to normal.
I lost nothing, my softwares are still funtional (yeah! my games are safe!!), the GUI looks neat. Nothing to complain about, yet.

Overall i have no regrets.:)

Yause

Balamb Garden Freshman
Aug 30, 2014
I had a problem with the network adapter not working after the upgrade. A driver update solved the issue, so yeah, it's a good idea to download new drivers ahead of time just in case.