Xenoblade Chronicles

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

gaiages

:<
Site Staff
Sep 26, 2013
Florida
I really don't like the tone to that Venture Beat article. Yeah, I agree people were overreacting about the price and putting a little too much hate on a company that, like every other business, wants to make as much profit as they can muster, but that author is a little too bitter about the hate.

Anyway, I'm just happy people can actually buy the game again. Also, GameStop has deals and coupons, unlike those horrid eBay sellers, so with a little snooping you can get it cheaper than the... what, I think it's $70 they're asking for now?

Sep 26, 2013
$70 was how much I paid right before Christmas. They had two copies of it at my GameStop.

That said, I started to play it last week. I'm late but this game wasn't really on my radar until I watched the X trailers. Around 20 hours in and just got Melia.

These environments blow me away! Can't believe how big they are. I hate the feeling of knowing that I've missed out on a shit ton of stuff due to how massive the world is. At the same time, I love it as I enjoy that sense of discovery and exploration, which is something I personally demand from games like this. It just assures me that the game is jammed packed with content.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
$70 was how much I paid right before Christmas. They had two copies of it at my GameStop.

That said, I started to play it last week. I'm late but this game wasn't really on my radar until I watched the X trailers. Around 20 hours in and just got Melia.

These environments blow me away! Can't believe how big they are. I hate the feeling of knowing that I've missed out on a shit ton of stuff due to how massive the world is. At the same time, I love it as I enjoy that sense of discovery and exploration, which is something I personally demand from games like this. It just assures me that the game is jammed packed with content.
Be sure to explore. Don't get too adventurous though, there are high level monsters wandering around. And yes, the world is massive, yesterday I spent like 2 hours exploring one of the areas,

I finished it quite some time ago, when it first came out in the American continent (I'm from Venezuela) and honestly loved it though the story was pretty meh after a while. Riki was an amazing character and kinda breaks the game when together with Melia. I reviewed it on my blog and was one of my favorite games on that year. Pretty cool game.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
I finished it quite some time ago, when it first came out in the American continent (I'm from Venezuela) and honestly loved it though the story was pretty meh after a while. Riki was an amazing character and kinda breaks the game when together with Melia. I reviewed it on my blog and was one of my favorite games on that year. Pretty cool game.
No kidding? I'm from Venezuela too. Where did you buy it?

Sep 26, 2013
136 hours in. Ready for the final boss but doing side stuff before I kick some serious ass. I'm already over powered with level 6 gems(characters are in the green). Everyone is level 90+. I haven't used Sharla for most of the game except for certain cases. You don't really need to rely on her healing abilities if you go hardcore on the offensive. That said, I have been using her lately to level up faster cause I've been fighting monsters 5-8 levels higher then my characters. They aren't too tough because of Melia's bolt spell. Strengthen it with electric and either gems and higher level monsters take some serious damage. I also gave Melia some exp gems, which helped big time.

Currently doing a ton of quests as I need to get 4th and 5th skill trees. Want to also get best weapons and armor too. Already have a good number of completed armor sets.

I really like this game! :D