Your thoughts about 2016 in gaming

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Was 2016 a good year for gaming?

• Yes

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Middle

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
At the time of this post there's only some hours left before 2016 wraps up and 2017 begins.
During the course of 2016 there has been strong announcements for the future of gaming (in both software and hardware) as well as the release of multiple games that left strong impressions among critics and fans.
With that said, How did your 2017 in gaming play out? Could you play all games you wanted? Did any of the games you were looking fordward to deliver? Tell us below!

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Double posting for visibility purpose.

Unfortunately I couldn´t play any of the games released this year cause I lacked both the platform in which they were released and because I´m short in money. However, it´s good that most of the anticipated games released this year were highly well received by the critic.

The highlisths from 2016 for me where the announcement of the new consoles updates for both PS4 & XB1, the announcement of Nintendo Switch, the release of VR hardware (and its early games/demos) and last but none the least, Final Fantasy XV and The Last Guardian finally seeing the light of days and both being highly well received by the critics and fans.

For me 2016 was a really good year in gaming

The GemiKnight

Clan Centurio Member
Nov 11, 2016
Durban, South Africa
Being a gamer in 2016 was great! There was a lot of exciting news and titles released which made the year quite memorable. I might not have played all the games I wanted but I managed to get a copy of the ones that mattered most to me. Rise of the Tomb Raider and FF XV. 2017 is going to be even better!

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
It was a strong year. There were some amazing reinventions - DOOM and Hitman in particular. There were some great original things, like The Witness, Overwatch and Stardew Valley, and there were some good if flawed entries in beloved series like FF15, Street Fighter 5 and so on. A lot better than last year!

Jun 7, 2014
Poland
I haven't made the jump to current gen yet, so I haven't played many new games this year. But I still think it was a pretty strong year considering that long-awaited titles like FFXV and TLG finally released and we had some instant classics like Overwatch and Doom. Pokemon S&M was pretty great as well.

I was mostly OK with it. Considering I (still) don't own a current gen stationary system, I got a ton of stuff out of 2016. That being said, some of the titles I was fairly excited about turned out to be underwhelming - looking at you, I am Setsuna - and other stuff got pushed back to 2017. I still had loads of fun with some games, my favourite by a mile being Dragon Quest VII, followed by Life is Strange: Complete Edition; Kindred Spirits on the Roof; Firewatch; REIGNS (probably the most overlooked game of 2016 because wah wah mobile games can't be good) and last but not least that there Abzû thingy.

I also started playing the Witcher series, so pray for me.

Last edited: