Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
I'm fairly positive the demo is limited in its availability. Not its playability. Makes sense considering only a select few can download Episode Duscae and a lesser demo will be available later on for all. If anyone is still concerned, you can always contact Square-Enix directly for clarification. With the demo close to release, the probability of them giving a straight answer is high. Maybe enough inquiries will have Tabata address it in the next ATB video.

Sometimes, even I have to feel sorry for Square-Enix. Not showing anything means a blackout, and no one likes information blackouts. Then they do regularly show something, even if it's something piecemeal, and all of a sudden cries of downgradeathons ring through the air like sirens' clarion calls. I was just on NeoGAF and I nearly died laughing at the complaints that Noctis's soles (as in, the soles of his SHOES) have been downgraded.

It's almost as if the no. 1 priority for some people must always be graphical fidelity, when it's the one thing - along with resolution - I would willingly sacrifice a bit of if it means we can have a game with sufficient scope and scale, as well as optimal technical performance without all the embarrassing hitches that Ubisoft and Bethesda games seem to be mired in.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
I saw the soles in the HQ trailer and they look just fine. But people aren't just complaining about the soles, they are complaining about the overall quality. Then again, the game looks good in motion to me.

Judgements of overall quality that are being extrapolated from a handful of screenshots based on a seemingly rushed demo presumably running on an unfinished version of Luminous, and for a game that is still a mile off yet meant for home consoles and not a GTX 970 rig.

Also, don't get me wrong. There are plenty of good folks on GAF, and if I recall, there are some people here who are regulars of the site, and may even mod it, but the inevitability of having such a large general community with cross-pollination of relatively recent salient topical issues such as graphical downgrades means it's hilariously bizarre to see so many people rag on Final Fantasy for not looking like a graphical zenith, especially when FFXIII has (justifiably) long been ragged as a looks over substance game. I'm not really annoyed so much as I am somewhat bemused.

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
Don't get why people say it was downgraded when we haven't got any appropriate screens to compare with atm. I'll wait and see how the actual game (demo) looks (in different daytimes and stuff) but even if it looks slightly worse than at TGS
- 1: It looks still awesome!
- 2: It's a demo and only at Luminous 1.5 atm.
- 3. Who the fuck cares?

Solid Sora

Red Wings Commander
Feb 11, 2015
Egypt
Yeah, I joined this forums as an escape from all the graphics debates, I don't care about graphics that much as long as it's good enough to visualize the artistic vision of the artists, and all this downgrade claims driving me crazy.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Recently was reading a disscusion about FFXV screenshots on Neogaf and . . . i left with a bad taste about PCgamers, i respect them but when they go full on with graphics and resolution it sometimes gives me cancer.

Sorry guys, I didn't mean to trigger a meta-discussion about graphics and downgrades. xD

I haven't been on lately to say this, but I'm damn pleased to hear that familiar main Final Fantasy theme being played again, and given the Shimomura twist. It hasn't appeared in an offline FF game since FFXII, I believe. Now I wonder when the victory theme will play. After boss fights? When camping for the night?

Solid Sora

Red Wings Commander
Feb 11, 2015
Egypt
and given the Shimomura twist
Actually, it was the version from "Distant Worlds", not a Shimomura's arrangement :(. Still great to hear it again though!

Now I wonder when the victory theme will play. After boss fights? When camping for the night?
I'm guessing after boss fights, the scene in the trailer where the party's celebrating for defeating Behemoth will be perfect with victory fanfare!

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Perhaps the major selling point of this new generation has been the graphics. When most of the promises for a console are gorgeous looking games in 1080p at 60 frames per second, you can expect people to get upset when they don't get that. Let's also not forget about games like Watch Dogs, which had a final graphics quality that was a bit of a far cry from their initial reveals. Of course, this isn't the first time this has happened (remember the 'real time' Killzone 2 E3 footage?). I'm not saying I support those outcries from the "downgraded" soles of a character's shoes, but it's just to put some things into perspective. Like I said, if you watch the HQ trailer, you'll see the game looks great in motion. Some things look better than before, some things don't, but let's not forget this isn't the final version and that it'll probably look better in the end.