Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

Starlord

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 14, 2014
Springfield, Massachusetts
Perhaps the major selling point of this new generation has been the graphics. When most of the promises for a console are gorgeous looking games in 1080p at 60 frames per second, you can expect people to get upset when they don't get that. Let's also not forget about games like Watch Dogs, which had a final graphics quality that was a bit of a far cry from their initial reveals. Of course, this isn't the first time this has happened (remember the 'real time' Killzone 2 E3 footage?). I'm not saying I support those outcries from the "downgraded" soles of a character's shoes, but it's just to put some things into perspective. Like I said, if you watch the HQ trailer, you'll see the game looks great in motion. Some things look better than before, some things don't, but let's not forget this isn't the final version and that it'll probably look better in the end.

The graphics/FPS that can be put onto games (hardware) is what Sony/Microsoft made. Game Developers actually make the game in mind in however fashion they want. Now if the game devs "brag" about how this game is 60 FPS/1080p and then fails to show upon the final version of the game. Then that would be the fault of the game devs. If the game devs make the game with PS3 like graphics in mind on the PS4 they can ( as long as they show/advertise it as such).

Point is, as long as the game devs say/show what the consumer is going to get when buying this game. Then at that point it's the buyers fault for buying a game assuming the game would be 1080p/60 fps. Some people are graphic fanatics, that want top notch graphics, that's fine. Just do your research beforehand before buying a game that doesn't have your desired graphic output.

Quite frankly/personally, I feel companies that focus too much on graphics tend to have issues in other parts of there game ( bad writing/horrible gameplay etc).

Last edited:

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
I wonder how they revive you. Items only last for so long and Magic can only be used if Noctis is in the party. I assume that also includes him being conscious. Whatever the case, I'm grateful such a feature is being installed. Was never a fan of the party leader dying being equatable to a game over.

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
I wonder how they revive you. Items only last for so long and Magic can only be used if Noctis is in the party. I assume that also includes him being conscious. Whatever the case, I'm grateful such a feature is being installed. Was never a fan of the party leader dying being equatable to a game over.
Kingdom Hearts uses such a system, doesn't it? Sora can die but Donald and Goofy can still revive him. But I could be wrong atm.

May 26, 2014
But there's a game with a system like XV I was remembering. I wonder what it was...
Xenoblade? If you fill up those blue bars at the top of the screen then your party members can revive you if you die.

And... just four more weeks to wait. In a month we'll know how XV plays.
We'll learn the controls in the next ATR this friday!

Solid Sora

Red Wings Commander
Feb 11, 2015
Egypt
The phantom sword and cooperating moves will be featured too. I'm hoping the gambits-like system will be featured too.
Anyway, when will we get the Famitsu scans :(? Very excited to see the red eyes Noctis again!

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
The phantom sword and cooperating moves will be featured too. I'm hoping the gambits-like system will be featured too.
Anyway, when will we get the Famitsu scans :(? Very excited to see the red eyes Noctis again!
It should be during this week. Not much longer. I like that the red eyes weren't scrapped after all.