Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

Sep 26, 2013
The scans has leaked!

Behemoth's hunt:

RED EYES:

-

In this picture, I can see a KH-like menu in the corner. I guess it becomes visible during combat.
What you interpret as a Kingdom Hearts menu seems to have gauges on it that suggest to me it's just the HP bars of before or something of that nature. I'd be happy to see a KH style command menu, though.

Solid Sora

Red Wings Commander
Feb 11, 2015
Egypt
Behemoth's hunt as well, sorry, I should have specified.

This looks like it shows when HP is critical.
Done. Sorry for the mess. ^^

What you interpret as a Kingdom Hearts menu seems to have gauges on it that suggest to me it's just the HP bars of before or something of that nature. I'd be happy to see a KH style command menu, though.
It looks like HP bars, but it's on the left corner, while the HP is usually on the left one.. So I'm not sure..
I guess we should wait to the HQ scans before judging.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Done. Sorry for the mess. ^^
No problem, thanks for posting.

Tabata already has said the command menu would be added in the game, but we haven't seen it so far in videos.

Sep 26, 2013
No problem, thanks for posting.

Tabata already has said the command menu would be added in the game, but we haven't seen it so far in videos.
Tabata said a completed UI would be added, yes. There are clearly interface options missing. He did not promise a KH style command menu. Don't get me wrong. I'd love one and I hope that's the direction they take! However, with the one button combat and devoted button for weapon techniques it seems to me they might not be going that direction. Again though, I hope they do! A command menu just feels more Final Fantasy.

Noctis_Caelum

Chocobo Knight
Jul 15, 2014
wow really good this site, i was registed here a long ago, but now, i will always checking FF news :p
BTW the scan looks really good, so excited

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Tabata said a completed UI would be added, yes. There are clearly interface options missing. He did not promise a KH style command menu. Don't get me wrong. I'd love one and I hope that's the direction they take! However, with the one button combat and devoted button for weapon techniques it seems to me they might not be going that direction. Again though, I hope they do! A command menu just feels more Final Fantasy.
He didn't specifically say "KH menu", he did say that the "Attack prompt" would be part of the UI though. We saw a beta UI back when they were showing off the battle system months ago, but I doubt this will be how it looks in the demo.

Solid Sora

Red Wings Commander
Feb 11, 2015
Egypt
Well, we already know that there will be more to the UI in the demo than what we've seen. In the scans we have an HP bar for monsters (yes!), An objective marker, and a classic ability box.

But I was under the impression that the game will be controlled more like a character action game than a KH game/Versus, you know like a dedicated button for each of Attack, Dodge, Warp, Ability, Jump, Phantom Sword.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
I love the lighting, it's seriously great. That shot with Noctis and Prompto in the gas station is so atmospheric. I hope that the weather system is as dynamic as they've said, because I love me some rainy and cloudy environments. It might sound silly, but it really adds to the game and makes me want to play it more (the same goes with the day/night cycle).

I'm glad that hunts are back, hopefully à la FF XII; I really liked those in that game. Especially the Bestiary, it really made the game's lore deeper. And let's hope they don't implement your typical MMO sidequests. I liked Dragon Age Inquisition (despite not being an amazing game by any means), but man, that sidequest design has to die/diminish.

Also, for a moment, that final scan looked as if we were controlling Prompto.

Hold me ;_;

Last edited: