Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Just realized we've really been chugging right along. I was thinking about that possible Kingsglaive digital release date being only a month away from the game's release, while also a week or so after the theatrical release of the movie, which is about a month from now. I've been watching that countdown timer since it was at 180 days and it's down to 72. It actually feels like it's getting close.

Last edited:

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
Once Kingsglaive is out it'll help the remaining month just fly by. I'll be watching the movie at least once a day. Pausing scenes here and there to over-analayse things and possibly share my findings on the forum :)

I am absolutely stoked for Kingsglaive and am really hoping that the August 27th digital release is true!

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
I'm at work, so I can't watch it with sound. There was a part where someone was holding up a FFVI (I think) world map. What was he saying? I was hoping he could confirm or deny that the pic of that model on the table was the whole world or not, as GI seemed to think it was multiple continents. (My instinct tells me that GI is full of it)

I don't get why they didn't just use subtitles on these things.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
I'm at work, so I can't watch it with sound. There was a part where someone was holding up a FFVI (I think) world map. What was he saying? I was hoping he could confirm or deny that the pic of that model on the table was the whole world or not, as GI seemed to think it was multiple continents. (My instinct tells me that GI is full of it)

I don't get why they didn't just use subtitles on these things.
Yes, it was a FFVI map. He was just simply talking about the freedom the NES & SNES used to give for exploration, citing VI as an example.

AtSwimTwoBirds

Clan Centurio Member
Jun 13, 2016
The way they have chosen to design their world is interesting. Mixing dense areas of content with sparse areas, It sounds cool.

We know to get out and have a look around at parking stops.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
I think that's from the Niflheim Base Footage when he blew up the Magitech Armour X.
I'm not convinced that's what it is, but even on a full-sized monitor, I can't really tell. My gut reaction was Ifrit.

edit: I've watched it like 15 times now. I still can't reconcile it as the magitek base. It doesn't look like an explosion, it looks like steady fire and a big red demony looking thing in the middle. I'm sticking with Ifrit.

Edit 2: I cannot freakin tell, lol

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
It look quite cinematic as well. Like a big fight was about to go down. It looks to me like Noctis and Co were getting ready and in position. I could totally be wrong though xD

RetroPS4

Chocobo Knight
Aug 10, 2015
Third video in IGN's documentary of FFXV (I wonder when did they recorded all this stuff). Nothing new.
Thnx for posting, too qiuick to dismiss though, there IS new bits of video!

I'm not convinced that's what it is, but even on a full-sized monitor, I can't really tell. My gut reaction was Ifrit.

edit: I've watched it like 15 times now. I still can't reconcile it as the magitek base. It doesn't look like an explosion, it looks like steady fire and a big red demony looking thing in the middle. I'm sticking with Ifrit.

Edit 2: I cannot freakin tell, lol
It's obviously not Nifleheim base footage, there were never buildings there...And yeah, that sure is steady fire. Also, they are zooming out like it is part of an intro cutscene to a bossfight or something.... I think the Ifrit theory is possible. I hope they DON'T show more of this scene, I want to be surprised in game, dammit!

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Ok, I can see that monitor a little better now. And after about 37,000 viewings, I have a concern regarding previously thought to be debunked spoilers that I warned people may not be as debunked as you think.

It's not proof, but I am making this observation here and not the spoiler thread in hopes that someone who might know better could tell me otherwise. If it seems plausible, I won't discuss it in this thread again:

I don't see Ifrit. It's just the bros as the camera starts panning out like you're about to get into a boss battle. Ifrit is the obvious guess, of course, due to the fire.

The problem? Noctis is wearing the suit. The Bros are wearing Kingsglaive uniforms. Meaning, it's most likely near the end of the game, or, if the spoilers were true, also the beginning.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
I've not read any leaks. To what extent are the leaks credible(where did they originate from?)and were they well received or was the reaction to the contents of the leaks met with disappointment?

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
I've not read any leaks. To what extent are the leaks credible(where did they originate from?)and were they well received or was the reaction to the contents of the leaks met with disappointment?
Talking about the original leaks from before E3. People claimed it to be debunked because L_Spiro (confirmed dev) said they were, but I brought up some issues with the validity of that proof.

It's the internet, the contents of everything are met with disappointment.