Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Third video in IGN's documentary of FFXV (I wonder when did they recorded all this stuff). Nothing new.
There are a few scenes you can catch if you pay close attention that we haven't seen before, but they're shown in the background on people's computers.

Ok, I can see that monitor a little better now. And after about 37,000 viewings, I have a concern regarding previously thought to be debunked spoilers that I warned people may not be as debunked as you think.

It's not proof, but I am making this observation here and not the spoiler thread in hopes that someone who might know better could tell me otherwise. If it seems plausible, I won't discuss it in this thread again:

I don't see Ifrit. It's just the bros as the camera starts panning out like you're about to get into a boss battle. Ifrit is the obvious guess, of course, due to the fire.

The problem? Noctis is wearing the suit. The Bros are wearing Kingsglaive uniforms. Meaning, it's most likely near the end of the game, or, if the spoilers were true, also the beginning.
There are still so many things about those "leaks" that don't add up at all. I'm just ready to play the game and not care about them anymore, seeing so many people go back and forth about what the game's story really is can be very draining to your soul when you've waited 10 years for this game to come out.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
There are still so many things about those "leaks" that don't add up at all.
True, but a lot of leaks cone with half true and half bullshit info. I'm just bitter that I was "assured" they were debunked. That's the only reason I read them.

Now, my biggest hope is that it's not about the what, its about the why and how.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Ifrit boss fight at 5:40 is?!
I looked at it, and that didn't look like a Magitek being destroyed... I'd go with you on saying it's a battle with an Archean. But it could equally well be Phoenix. If they do use Phoenix, that has the potential of being a spectatular battle... perhaps needing to pursue it into the sky through warping, and needing to act fast as it is liable to heal itself completely within certain conditions... Yes, that would be a fight worthy of the classics! But... it's probably Ifrit, much more conventional (sigh).

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Another question i would like to ask most of you.

What is your opinion on FFXV's marketing?
I'd say it's pretty good considering what they have riding on their shoulders. There are a lot of picky people who think they know what this game was supposed to be, and I think they've had a few hit and misses, but overall it's been pretty good. Uncovered was by far one of the coolest things I've seen come out of any video game, so they definitely know what they're doing, just sometimes they miss the mark.

All the game needs really is one final story trailer that will be used for marketing the game on TV and in advertisements and then it will be set.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
More stills from the "Ifrit" screen:

Copied from a Lunafreya jam on Gamefaqs.

First, like, 30 times I saw it, I saw a diablo-like figure. next 40 times, I saw the bros and nothing but fire. With these still shots, you can clearly see the Bros AND a red diablo-looking figure that could very well be Ifrit. Could be some random mob as well, I suppose.
But, definitely getting a Ifrit fight in late-game Insomnia vibe.

Last edited:

Solid Sora

Red Wings Commander
Feb 11, 2015
Egypt
More stills from the "Ifrit" screen:

Copied from a Lunafreya jam on Gamefaqs.

First, like, 30 times I saw it, I saw a diablo-like figure. next 40 times, I saw the bros and nothing but fire. With these still shots, you can clearly see the Bros AND a red diablo-looking figure that could very well be Ifrit. Could be some random mob as well, I suppose.
But, definitely getting a Ifrit fight in late-game Insomnia vibe.
The thing is, Prompto is clearly wearing the Kingsglaive costume here. God those leaks were true.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Aren't Summons enormous, though?
Not all of them. They're on a tier system and the did specify that Ramuh and Titan are upper tier. I would have assumed that Ifrit would be on the same level because of the artwork after ED had them on the same level (and still might be- for all I know that's some random mook mob. Those samurai dudes look like they could be bosses, too, but they're mooks).

But, Carbluncle isn't exactly huge, so there's precedent for normal sized summons as well. We assume there will be more giant things, but we don't totally know that for sure.

AtSwimTwoBirds

Clan Centurio Member
Jun 13, 2016
Not all of them. They're on a tier system and the did specify that Ramuh and Titan are upper tier. I would have assumed that Ifrit would be on the same level because of the artwork after ED had them on the same level (and still might be- for all I know that's some random mook mob. Those samurai dudes look like they could be bosses, too, but they're mooks).

But, Carbluncle isn't exactly huge, so there's precedent for normal sized summons as well. We assume there will be more giant things, but we don't totally know that for sure.
I can see the 'horns'. But, it doesn't look like it's connected to something we'd associate as Ifrit - it almost looks feminine. I wonder if there is something in the Big Bang artwork that corresponds?

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
I can see the 'horns'. But, it doesn't look like it's connected to something we'd associate as Ifrit - it almost looks feminine. I wonder if there is something in the Big Bang artwork that corresponds?
I'm staring at the ED thing now, I'll let you look through the Big Bang pic :p
You're right. Ifrit has boobies. They made Leviathan female for FFXV though, so it's not impossible that this is a female Ifrit.

I actually am not seeing ifrit in here at all, i could have sworn he was on the right with ramuh titan and shiva.

AtSwimTwoBirds

Clan Centurio Member
Jun 13, 2016
I'm staring at the ED thing now, I'll let you look through the Big Bang pic :p
You're right. Ifrit has boobies. They made Leviathan female for FFXV though, so it's not impossible that this is a female Ifrit.

I actually am not seeing ifrit in here at all, i could have sworn he was on the right with ramuh titan and shiva.

People thought that 'Ifrit' was one of the horned demons in the bottom for a time. He's pictured in the Big Bang art...you should really check that out :p

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Another Lunafreya jam:

(Guess that's official now)

Still hoping that's not "the bad guy" because if Ardyn isn't the bad guy, then he just looks weird.