Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
That was the same thing I was looking at that I thought might maybe be Ifrit, but I'm still not sure.

I dunno. I don't want to think about this stuff too much anyway. I just see a mystery that needs solving, lol.

AtSwimTwoBirds

Clan Centurio Member
Jun 13, 2016
Another Lunafreya jam:

(Guess that's official now)

Still hoping that's not "the bad guy" because if Ardyn isn't the bad guy, then he just looks weird.
Digging Ravus' design. My money is still on Ardyn for the Villian, though.

Another AmIRighta! And I thought this game couldn't get any better.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Another Lunafreya jam:

(Guess that's official now)

Still hoping that's not "the bad guy" because if Ardyn isn't the bad guy, then he just looks weird.
Like Ravus' rapier. Very much in line with his family name.
I'm staring at the ED thing now, I'll let you look through the Big Bang pic :p
You're right. Ifrit has boobies. They made Leviathan female for FFXV though, so it's not impossible that this is a female Ifrit.

I actually am not seeing ifrit in here at all, i could have sworn he was on the right with ramuh titan and shiva.

Actually..... Ifrit could be the one on the left with the mermaid.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
I'm staring at the ED thing now, I'll let you look through the Big Bang pic :p
You're right. Ifrit has boobies. They made Leviathan female for FFXV though, so it's not impossible that this is a female Ifrit.

I actually am not seeing ifrit in here at all, i could have sworn he was on the right with ramuh titan and shiva.

Ifrit was never shown in here, or rather, it was never depicted in a recognizable way, that was one of the big things I remember from when this artwork was first shown. A lot of people assumed it was one of the demons on the bottom.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Are there any other reasons people assume Ardyn would be the villain instead of Ravus besides the latter's looks?

AtSwimTwoBirds

Clan Centurio Member
Jun 13, 2016
Are there any other reasons people assume Ardyn would be the villain instead of Ravus besides the latter's looks?
He's perfectly positioned, politically.
Not an emporer but with enough sway to usurp the position, if he desired.

He seems incredibly cunning - the polite way he deals with Noctis and crew is suspicious. Why do that? They don;t even know who he is. He's up to something big.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
It looks to the untrained eye like Abacus is helping Noctis perform some kind of crazy acrobatic stunt, but in reality, he just got bored using that greatsword as a 2-hander and decided to dual-wield with whatever he could find.

AtSwimTwoBirds

Clan Centurio Member
Jun 13, 2016
It looks to the untrained eye like Abacus is helping Noctis perform some kind of crazy acrobatic stunt, but in reality, he just got bored using that greatsword as a 2-hander and decided to dual-wield with whatever he could find.
That monster is gonna be Noct Out.

Thank you, thank you.

Edit: Abacus wielding one of the Royal Arms we've heard so much about.

Last edited:

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
I still don't see Ardyn being the main villain, Ravus is by far more motivated. Nothing that Ardyn does seems to have any rhyme or reason. He's not after the crystal (that's Eldercapt's idea), he's not after the ring, so what is he after? Getting his muddy boot prints on the Lucis throne?

If they focused more on Ravus before Ardyn, I feel like everyone would be assuming that Ravus was the main villain.

He's perfectly positioned, politically.
Not an emporer but with enough sway to usurp the position, if he desired.

He seems incredibly cunning - the polite way he deals with Noctis and crew is suspicious. Why do that? They don;t even know who he is. He's up to something big.
Perfectly positioned politically how? They will figure out who he is pretty quickly, it's not like his identity is a secret to anyone. Once they speak to Cor they will know who Ardyn is, so it's not really a surprise.

Honestly, I feel like there's more to the main villain than either one of them.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
I can't speak for the rest of the people, but I didn't assume Ardyn because they focused on him. I assumed Ardyn because of that ridiculous outfit. That is totally the extent of my detailed, intelligent analysis on that one.

But, I don't know what Ravus' motivations are because I haven't read (m)any spoilers.