Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
I wouldn't say it looks "exactly" like the emblem but it does resemble it. The horns for instance. And the sword that it's holding its hand.

It could be the same thing as depicted in the emblem or it could not be.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
In general it looks like a generic demon with fore attributes.
It has similar colour scheme to Ifrit(brown/orange-red).

The only thing that makes it not your typical Ifrit design is the inclusion of a weapon it wields. Looks to be a sword.

I'd be more inclined to agree that it looks like the thing depicted in the emblem had the monster in the footage displayed wings and a tail.

With that said, the thing looks equally resembles Ifrit in some sense and the emblem in some sense xD

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Slightly annoyed at myself for noticing that little clip. I mean I managed to avoid leaks and general spoilers but then this official video rolls out and possibly spoils something big.

What I can depict from the small blurry and quick footage is
Noctis and Co have journeys back to Insomnia. They are trying to enter the castle bit are stopped just before the stairs leading to it in the platinum demo. They are stopped by a powerful foe who is possibly Ifrit. They are all donning the Kingsglaive outfits. And since it's been confirmed that Insomnia is the last segment of the game then it's safe to say that that monster(possibly Ifrit)is part of the end game boss gauntlet.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Slightly annoyed at myself for noticing that little clip. I mean I managed to avoid leaks and general spoilers but then this official video rolls out and possibly spoils something big.

What I can depict from the small blurry and quick footage is
Noctis and Co have journeys back to Insomnia. They are trying to enter the castle bit are stopped just before the stairs leading to it in the platinum demo. They are stopped by a powerful foe who is possibly Ifrit. They are all donning the Kingsglaive outfits. And since it's been confirmed that Insomnia is the last segment of the game then it's safe to say that that monster(possibly Ifrit)is part of the end game boss gauntlet.
Tabata said it's towards the end of the game, he never specifically said it was the final stretch though.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
That is Diablos I guarantee it. They are in Insomnia in that picture with the fire and Diablos is probably the guardian force of Lucis so it makes sense to be him.
If Diablo is the thing dipicted in the emblem and is a guardian of Insomnia as well as the Icon of the Glaives, why would it be attacking the King of Insomnia/Lucis and the Glaives(which Noctis and Co are at that part is the game). If it's the case that Diablo does not register Noctis as King and his comrades the Kingsglaives then the ring bestowed to Noctis should be enough proof for Diablo or at least something like the King's blood that runs through Noctis should be a signifyer for Diablos to recognise and accept. The fire would be more understandable of Insomnia wasn't already in the state of total destruction before Noctis and Co's arrival. That is why I attribute the fire to the monsters and in turn link in to Ifrits fire based element.

If Diablo is the thing dipicted in the emblem and is a guardian of Insomnia as well as the Icon of the Glaives, why would it be attacking the King of Insomnia/Lucis and the Glaives(which Noctis and Co are at that part is the game). If it's the case that Diablo does not register Noctis as King and his comrades the Kingsglaives then the ring bestowed to Noctis should be enough proof for Diablo or at least something like the King's blood that runs through Noctis should be a signifyer for Diablos to recognise and accept. The fire would be more understandable of Insomnia wasn't already in the state of total destruction before Noctis and Co's arrival. That is why I attribute the fire to the monsters and in turn link in to Ifrits fire based element.
I'm sorry but I am not going to click your spoiler tag. Is it something that is confirmed to be a spoiler or is it just your speculation that could potentially be a spoiler?.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Diablos can cast fire too though

wmlk

PSICOM Soldier
Do you guys think Ravus' hood is gone? His eyes look strange obviously, so I would expect the hood to be in the game to cover his eyes.

Maybe the hood is part of a cloak that he wears on top. That would be weird though since his arms are totally messed up...

FINAL FANTASY XV: "Carbuncle Surprise" Sweepstakes –

Square Enix just announced a sweepstakes. Pre-order any version of XV from the SE NA e-Store and be entered for a chance to win XV-related merchandise, such as Play Arts -KAI- figures, ROEN accessories (I kid you not), and the Cindymobile DLC. The Grand Prize is a new Audi Sedan. See the video for details.

Beginning August 5, members check back every Friday to see what kind of prize they've received. Checking every Friday may also lead to Reward Points redeemable on future purchases at the e-Store.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
FINAL FANTASY XV: "Carbuncle Surprise" Sweepstakes –

Square Enix just announced a sweepstakes. Pre-order any version of XV from the SE NA e-Store and be entered for a chance to win XV-related merchandise, such as Play Arts -KAI- figures, ROEN accessories (I kid you not), and the Cindymobile DLC. The Grand Prize is a new Audi Sedan. See the video for details.

Beginning August 5, members check back every Friday to see what kind of prize they've received. Checking every Friday may also lead to Reward Points redeemable on future purchases at the e-Store.
Can't wait to win the Audi...!

RetroPS4

Chocobo Knight

Edit: hmm, won't embed.

http://imgur.com/YLksPED

Much clearer version of ifrit.

Ifrit. Kingsglaive uniforms. Insomnia.
@DrBretto, what happened to this you?

Much like Tabata repurposed Stella's 2013 design into the new character named Luna, I moved the 'spoiler' part of my post to @SonOfEtro's thread here in case anyone wants to read it, he he!
This seems like an excellent time to create that spoiler/theory thread you were just talking about :p
I thought you wanted spoiler stuff in our spoiler thread;)

On topic, the first thing I thought when seeing that SE had a new interview footage was "they are totally going to spoil something in here" sure enough, I was not wrong, lol.
Anyway, regarding speculation, it could be either Diabolos or Ifrit, or someone else.... As to its identity remember At GC2015 Tabata mentioned that one of the summons would not be depicted as it usually is....hmm.

Translation of exerpt from French interview taken at GC2015 with Direector Tabata:
Finaland: Final Fantasy XIV showed a completely new primal called Ravana. Will Final Fantasy XV also showcasing a new original summon or will it stick with popular summon such as Shiva, Ifrit, and Leviathan ?

Tabata: There is a certain Eidolon, one of the ones that you've seen previously, which appears in a completely new form. It's a very different take on the same old character. There is also a very good story-based reason as to why we are sticking to more traditional, familiar Eidolons in this game. The reason for that is because this time around, the Eidolons play a very big part in the story and are very much an integral part of the game world. So we thought it would be better to have the traditional ones, the ones everyone is familiar with, to see how they fit in the story and what is the backstory behind these characters, rather than having completely new Eidolons.

Since that interview obviously SE changed the summon name to Archeans.

Here is the full interview:
http://www.finaland.com/?rub=site&page=news&id=5516

Last edited:

RetroPS4

Chocobo Knight
Do you guys think Ravus' hood is gone? His eyes look strange obviously, so I would expect the hood to be in the game to cover his eyes.

Maybe the hood is part of a cloak that he wears on top. That would be weird though since his arms are totally messed up...
THIS!
I think the hood and cowl is probably part of an overcloak..
Or Tabata altered yet another design that we were looking forwards to :p