Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
SonofEtro and it was a turbo spoiler from KG.

Common sense, please. Tagged or not, there's a place for leaks. You see leaks, you can talk a out leaks all you want in the leak threads. Just leave it there.

This isn't ambiguous. This is not speculation. Those leaks are fact, and the movie isn't even out yet. If you're wondering what the cutoff is, that's it.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
Just to let people know who are waiting for a livestream.....that would be me aaaand oh yes, and me, that there will be no livestream.

Time to cry myself to sleep.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
- Kingsglaive Final Fantasy XV panelists at San Diego Comic Con!
- Aaron Paul wasn't present at the event, but he recorded a video message presenting the new Kingsglaive trailer. (MakuXV)
- Kingsglaive Final Fantasy XV release dates; out digitally Aug 30, Blu-ray Oct 4 (Nova Crystallis)
- Final Fantasy 15 CG movie Kingsglaive arrives digitally in August, on disc in October (Polygon)
- The energy in the Kingsglaive panel was phenomenal!
- Kingsglaive theater list for the US. (MakuXV)

Jul 16, 2015
- Aaron Paul wasn't present at the event, but he recorded a video message presenting the new Kingsglaive trailer. (MakuXV)
- Kingsglaive Final Fantasy XV release dates; out digitally Aug 30, Blu-ray Oct 4 (Nova Crystallis)
- Final Fantasy 15 CG movie Kingsglaive arrives digitally in August, on disc in October (Polygon)

Holy shit that trailer was awesome. So excited for this.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016

Yaiii! I want this now!

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
I point to that new KG trailer as evidence of the point I've been trying to get across for a while now about their marketing strategy.

People who were disappointed in the Afrojack trailer, for example, are missing the point of it. The above trailer is what they do for a trailer that is made for the public. The Afrojack trailer is a little nothing bonus trailer for the existing fans, as they have treated all of E3. All part of the great trickle, which is designed purely to keep the game front and center in the fan's minds. And then there are trailers for the general public, like the Uncovered trailer and this latest KG trailer, which are handled with more care.

I don't want to rehash it all to death, but the takeaway from this is that we haven't seen anything yet. What we have see so far is closer to behind the scenes footage than marketing because what we've seen so far is for us, not the general public. And if people stop worrying about how the Afrojack is ruining the game for the general public and just enjoy the trailer for what it is (I'm using this to represent all of the marketing we've seen so far) then you'd be enjoying the ride as I am.

AtSwimTwoBirds

Clan Centurio Member
Jun 13, 2016
I point to that new KG trailer as evidence of the point I've been trying to get across for a while now about their marketing strategy.

People who were disappointed in the Afrojack trailer, for example, are missing the point of it. The above trailer is what they do for a trailer that is made for the public. The Afrojack trailer is a little nothing bonus trailer for the existing fans, as they have treated all of E3. All part of the great trickle, which is designed purely to keep the game front and center in the fan's minds. And then there are trailers for the general public, like the Uncovered trailer and this latest KG trailer, which are handled with more care.

I don't want to rehash it all to death, but the takeaway from this is that we haven't seen anything yet. What we have see so far is closer to behind the scenes footage than marketing because what we've seen so far is for us, not the general public. And if people stop worrying about how the Afrojack is ruining the game for the general public and just enjoy the trailer for what it is (I'm using this to represent all of the marketing we've seen so far) then you'd be enjoying the ride as I am.
Didn't they specifically say that the Afrojack trailer was for the general public and not for existing FF fans, though? :p They said any game footage, thereafter, would be catered towards fans.