Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

AverageAfro

PSICOM Soldier
Aug 3, 2016
Positive impressions implied from Gamersglobal.de who got to play 3 hours of the full game.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-xv/74124792
His last line in that post is gold ><
This is interesting, I think that means we'll be getting a lot more gameplay videos and mechanics information from Gamescon. I'm going to do my best to avoid anything relervant to the story because I think the less I know about that the better, and during September I'll be on a complete media coverage black out.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-xv/74089238
This pretty much means the first 4chan leak is entirely fake. "TheGuy" leaks are fake too since he vouched for them. It really looks like all the leaks were fake.
I'm sorry, but, it doesn't say anything about TheGuy at all. Just the first guy. TheGuy said the gist of what the first guy was saying was true, but that it was distorted.

It means nothing. And literally nothing TalesRevenant says is ever worth raking seriously in the first place. He takes the tiniest morsel of info and expands upon it with the power of imagination. He's been off his rocker since at least e3 if not longer.

Gamescom is not far away. You'll get your definitive answers then.

Last edited:

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Your description on Tales describes the TheGuy in a nutshell.
I don't know much about TheGuy (honestly, my insistence on keeping those spoilers "alive" comes from every weak attempt to debunk them, I haven't really followed any of it that closely), but Tales has lost his shit a long time ago. He even tried to make his own "leak" because he was so desperate for the original to be proven false.

Just look at the post that was linked here. It goes from Tabata saying Carbuncle doesn't count to there being 7 other minor summons and he starts naming them. Seems innocuous at first, you know, just some rampant speculation, but within a week, he'll be using that list as canon and screaming down the throats of everyone who disagrees. He's genuinely off his rocker.

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
I lipsynced the audio from the Episode Duscae ending movie with the english cutscene to make a little comparison between the dubs. It's obviously not how the final product will look and sound like - they even made some small dialogue adjustments since last year - but if you're curious about a small direct comparison here you go:
I appreciate this, Japanese and English voices both sound top notch. In my opinion anyway. Thank you.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
The only way that's Titus is if that's another redesign.

But, then again, it'd make sense if it was redesigned due to Kingsglaive anyway, so it's totally plausible.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Awesome! I'll check these out when I have time!

Bionicle8563

SOLDIER Second Class
May 25, 2016
Australia M8
http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1014495.html Saw this on Twitter or GameFaqs, don't remember. It's a bunch of images, mainly the Dengeki ones but blown up so we can actually see them (and I couple more if I'm not mistake) Idk if I should've made a new thread or not, but I'll leave that up to someone if they wanted to try and translate/analyse them *Cough* @LeonBlade *Cough* :p

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
Was about to post it haha. It looks like it might have some very interesting info!

We can see some updates in the menu: it'll probably look like this (or similar enough) in the final build. I really like the room they're in and the icons: everything looks dense enough, but not too messy or convulted. Pretty elegant, actually, as it makes you instantly think of Lucis' architecture and iconography (or, more accurately, Lucis monarchy's) and kinda makes me think of a battle room inside the castle in which they train/prepare for battle.

Also, they've updated the weapon icons:

We see all the elemental spells there. Also, I wonder what the "?" stands for. And we see the ring there (greyed, so I assume that, in this picture, Noctis can't use its power for whatever plot reason or, most likely, still hasn't acquire it).

Oh, and those diamonds in which the weapons are inside are interesting. Wonder whether the weapon deck will look like that during battles.

PS: it's silly and this is definitely not the only game that does it, but I've always loved being able to see the weapon models in the menu. Really like the design of the sword on the left (so far, I love the smaller/more realistic weapons, they look very ornamental and fit Lucis theme).

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
That'd be great. I don't know how feasible it could be, but it doesn't sound like an impossible task, no? At least having three or so slots to do so when in the menu.

Also, I like that Chocobo post, looks very cute (and the chocobo designs are on point). Interested in how the renting system works. I've always preferred the FF VI/VII/IX approach of having your own Chocobo instead of renting it, but it's a tiny difference, actually.

Also, this is a great screenshot:

AverageAfro

PSICOM Soldier
Aug 3, 2016
These screen shots are awesome, I've noticed quite a few things while looking at them. I think the coolest one though is this.

Notice in the bottom left there's a bar and then a Chocobo symbol and then a level? Does this mean when we rent them we obtain and level up one Chocobo? Like a personal Chocobo.

Edit: On the minimap we can also see a waypoint for our car, and then a Sun with 5 underneath, is this a mission parameter perhaps? or is it a time limit for out Chocobos.

Edit Edit: I think I leave any speculation until someone has translated them. Much easier to speculate when you understand the words :)

Last edited: