Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
Animaton-wise XV is unrivaled atm and (sorry for the language) shits on pretty much every other game, especially other RPGs like TW3. Just the attention to detail in the character's movements and how they react to the environment is astounding.

Saying FFXV is a bad looking game is just nonsense, hell even saying it looks only "good" is a ridiculous understatement.

edit:
And like I wrote on gaf I'm absolutely convinced that the game will suffer from XIII's bad reputation. I really would have love to see how this game would have performed review-wise in a pre-XIII-trilogy world.

Last edited:

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Animaton-wise XV is unrivaled atm and (sorry for the language) shits on pretty much every other game, especially other RPGs like TW3. Just the attention to detail in the character's movements and how they react to the environment is astounding.

Saying FFXV is a bad looking game is just nonsense, hell even saying it looks only "good" is a ridiculous understatement.

edit:
And like I wrote on gaf I'm absolutely convinced that the game will suffer from XIII's bad reputation. I really would have love to see how this game would have performed review-wise in a pre-XIII-trilogy world.
Why though.

The staff alone are completely different from XIII.

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
Why though.

The staff alone are completely different from XIII.
Do you really think the majority of the critics cares about which internal SE team made which game? They look at the name Final Fantasy and its bad reputation of the past couple of years and go from there. It's sad but true -> FFXV will score lower than it could have been because of XIII.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
Do you really think the majority of the critics cares about which internal SE team made which game? They look at the name Final Fantasy and its bad reputation of the past couple of years and go from there. It's sad but true -> FFXV will score lower than it could have been because of XIII.
People dont do research they just look at this stuff for a few seconds and leave drive by posts.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Wasn't referring to critics' thoughts on staff team, i meant the talents behind the FFXV staff themselves.

XIII doesn't nor shouldn't have any influence on judging the game by its own merit. Cautiousness is one thing but overblown cynicism (which the latter is unfortunately the case here in regards to the franchise's current rep) is just....pushy.

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
Wasn't referring to critics' thoughts on staff team, i meant the talents behind the FFXV staff themselves.
Of course not and I have no doubts that XV will be really good.

XIII doesn't nor shouldn't have any influence on judging the game by its own merit. Cautiousness is one thing but overblown cynicism (which the latter is unfortunately the case here in regards to the franchise's current rep) is just....pushy.
I agree but that's just wishful thinking.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Our of curiosity, do we have any impressions on the deiving mechanics from people who played parts of the full game? (Ignoring Platinum demo).

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
"I'm Honjo, a #FFXV artist! These are fonts/logos that appear in game & I feel they fit the world well."
https://twitter.com/FFXVEN/status/763412131681271809?lang=pt

it's only me or these logos have a 80-ish vibe?
Fits in with those earlier descriptions of Versus XIII's world: while Lucis is a modern metropolis thanks to the divine crystal's blessing, the rest of the world is lagging behind. Isn't as stark as the outside world essentially being medieval, but it's still a nice throwback to that concept.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Of course not and I have no doubts that XV will be really good.

I agree but that's just wishful thinking.

Nah. The fans will hold FFXIII against it, but the the professional reviewers. In order to call one's self a writer, you have to be at least mildly competent.