Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Why do you need to though? Not all of them are weak, most of them are solid.
No, they've all been weak. If they were solid, I'd be happy to see them gone away for good. But what I'm seeing is people who want to believe they're not true and coming up with whatever they can to support it. If you reverse it, it's just as weak as anyone who uses the same types or arguments to "prove" they're true.

If there was a legit, solid reason to call them bunk, 50% of the fans wouldn't be on board. And that's not a made up number, that's from polls on GFAQs.

It's very simple. Come Gamescom, we WILL have a definitive answer. And, ftr, I'd be perfectly happy to find out its bunk. But, until then, the cat stays in the box with the poison. Everyone thinks they have the smoking gun proof for either side and no one does, so it's a waste of time to even talk about until then.

Edit: fir the record, if anyone here was trying to convince me they were true, I'd offer the same reply. I advocate for truth, not either side.

Last edited:

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
These screen shots are awesome, I've noticed quite a few things while looking at them. I think the coolest one though is this.

Notice in the bottom left there's a bar and then a Chocobo symbol and then a level? Does this mean when we rent them we obtain and level up one Chocobo? Like a personal Chocobo.

Edit: On the minimap we can also see a waypoint for our car, and then a Sun with 5 underneath, is this a mission parameter perhaps? or is it a time limit for out Chocobos.

Edit Edit: I think I leave any speculation until someone has translated them. Much easier to speculate when you understand the words :)
As I posted before, I prefer the approach in which you have your own, particular chocobo/s, so that'd be nice! Especially since, if they're actually leveled, I guess they'd have better stats for stamina? Maybe even strenght/health (we've already seen a chocobo kicking ass)? Fear meter?

Although it could just be a general level for Noctis as a chocobo rider.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York

AverageAfro

PSICOM Soldier
Aug 3, 2016
As I posted before, I prefer the approach in which you have your own, particular chocobo/s, so that'd be nice! Especially since, if they're actually leveled, I guess they'd have better stats for stamina? Maybe even strenght/health (we've already seen a chocobo kicking ass)? Fear meter?

Although it could just be a general level for Noctis as a chocobo rider.
I'm hoping that even though you're renting them you're renting the same one every time, however I think you're more on the right line with it being Noctis' level as a rider, and that effects the Chocobos stats, as well as the food you can feed them.

From the screenshots though we can see that renting them isn't exactly expensive, 4 days for 200 gil? so 50 gil a day, in one of the screenshots we saw 15 days, so that's a healthy amount of time. We might also be able to top that time up as well.

Jun 7, 2014
Poland
Jesus, what's wrong with FFXV threads on neogaf? Apparently the graphics are shit and chocobos in FF are now a bad thing.
But no, seriously, wtf is it with them. I go there mostly for the early news and browse the threads a bit and they always go bananas in just a few posts. All of them. It's like they're cursed or something.
/rant over

AverageAfro

PSICOM Soldier
Aug 3, 2016
Jesus, what's wrong with FFXV threads on neogaf? Apparently the graphics are shit and chocobos in FF are now a bad thing.
But no, seriously, wtf is it with them. I go there mostly for the early news and browse the threads a bit and they always go bananas in just a few posts. All of them. It's like they're cursed or something.
/rant over
They're obviously a bit special in the head, who could look at this game and think "bad graphics"? These are some of the best graphics I've seen

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
/rant over
hyperbole the threads.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
/rant over
http://i.imgur.com/MtZ9N.gif

Too many self proclaimed 'grafix expurtz" spreading cancer as usual.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
/rant over
Dude, I am with you. I feel like today was extra bad, though. All that stuff existed before, obviously, but today's posting were especially concentrated with it. I legit blame the No Man's Sky debacle for putting people in a cynical mood.

That and this is the calm before the hype storm, most likely. A solid story trailer and some polished footage should flip back most of the floppers and you'll see more enthusiasm. That's all it should take.

I have to bring it back to baseball again, I'm sorry if anyone doesn't get the reference. Feel free to not read on if you aren't a sports fan.

It reminds me so much of August of 2004 as a Boston Red Sox fan. A beloved franchise that hadnt won it all in a long time (you think 10 years for this game is a long time? Try 86 years) and the most recent taste of post season action was an absolutely soul crushing loss to the evil Yankees in 2003.

2003 had the same effect that FFXIII had on this fan base. Really, it's the same principle. Once bitten, twice shy, the overall level of faith in the 2004 season was not particularly high at this point, where despite individual flashes of hope, by wins and losses, they were 3/4 of the way through the season, they were just hanging in there with the rest.

But, the thing is, all of the best teams every year spend huge amounts of time playing. 500 ball. Some of the best and worst teams spend 60-80 game stretches winning only half of their games. And I knew that the team had all of the right ingredient, they just never had everything together all at the same time. The pessimism was overwhelming, but I just saw it as evidence that if they ever did get in sync, things would take off and they could win it.

And I think thats right about where we are right now here. We've seen all the bits but we've just not quite seen it all come together clearly yet. Some out there will take that as a reason to be pessimistic, but, I really only see it as an opportunity to finally see it all come together, riding that momentum through the finish line, finally having Final Fantasy back. One good showing on Gamescom could turn all of this potential into momentum.

If you're not a sports fan and are still with me, after that August swoon, the Red Sox went on a tear and won something like 20 of the next 26 games, cruising into the playoffs, where they handed the Yankees their most embarrassing loss in team history, and won the world series for the first time in 86 years. If it was a movie, you'd say it was too cheesey to believe.

I get the same feeling about this game.

Jul 16, 2015
Dude, I am with you. I feel like today was extra bad, though. All that stuff existed before, obviously, but today's posting were especially concentrated with it. I legit blame the No Man's Sky debacle for putting people in a cynical mood.

That and this is the calm before the hype storm, most likely. A solid story trailer and some polished footage should flip back most of the floppers and you'll see more enthusiasm. That's all it should take.

I have to bring it back to baseball again, I'm sorry if anyone doesn't get the reference. Feel free to not read on if you aren't a sports fan.

It reminds me so much of August of 2004 as a Boston Red Sox fan. A beloved franchise that hadnt won it all in a long time (you think 10 years for this game is a long time? Try 86 years) and the most recent taste of post season action was an absolutely soul crushing loss to the evil Yankees in 2003.

2003 had the same effect that FFXIII had on this fan base. Really, it's the same principle. Once bitten, twice shy, the overall level of faith in the 2004 season was not particularly high at this point, where despite individual flashes of hope, by wins and losses, they were 3/4 of the way through the season, they were just hanging in there with the rest.

But, the thing is, all of the best teams every year spend huge amounts of time playing. 500 ball. Some of the best and worst teams spend 60-80 game stretches winning only half of their games. And I knew that the team had all of the right ingredient, they just never had everything together all at the same time. The pessimism was overwhelming, but I just saw it as evidence that if they ever did get in sync, things would take off and they could win it.

And I think thats right about where we are right now here. We've seen all the bits but we've just not quite seen it all come together clearly yet. Some out there will take that as a reason to be pessimistic, but, I really only see it as an opportunity to finally see it all come together, riding that momentum through the finish line, finally having Final Fantasy back. One good showing on Gamescom could turn all of this potential into momentum.

If you're not a sports fan and are still with me, after that August swoon, the Red Sox went on a tear and won something like 20 of the next 26 games, cruising into the playoffs, where they handed the Yankees their most embarrassing loss in team history, and won the world series for the first time in 86 years. If it was a movie, you'd say it was too cheesey to believe.

I get the same feeling about this game.
Why were people freaking out over at NeoGaf?. I know they complain about most things over there but what in the hell could it have been about with THESE screenshots?.

PS. I love No Man's Sky a whole lot and don't get the hate.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Why were people freaking out over at NeoGaf?. I know they complain about most things over there but what in the hell could it have been about with THESE screenshots?.

PS. I love No Man's Sky a whole lot and don't get the hate.
Not freaking out, just being generally Debbie downers. A lot of hyperbole about the IQ and whatnot. Someone started a general feel topic for it as well and everyone was met at best. Just overall, I think, numbness. A few of them even saying they're just devoid of hype but aren't necessarily sure why.

But, like I said, it's just the grind. People are ready for something substantive at this point.

And I do actually genuinely think the NMS thing was part of the mood as well. The issue isn't so much about the quality of the game, it's the deliberate misinformation. I didn't have strong feelings about that game either way, but some shady shit has me not so impressed with the creator.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
It's funny because Final Fantasy XV is by far the best looking game of this generation. Try to find a better looking game that has 100% real time lighting with all of the features that XV has.
You can't.
People on NeoGAF are just idiots who pretend to be important because they got accepted into their super special forums and so they can validate each other's shit posting in their circle jerk about how everything is shit.

NeoGAF is just like /v/, I've been on 4chan since 2009 and can tell you that threads I see on NeoGAF that are like this are just like threads I see on /v/.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Honestly, i feel as though as FFXV has enough potential to hit the right notes with critics, especially given that the game has luckily managed to avoid overhype thus far in comparison to XIII where its flashy marketing wasn't enough to quell disappointment among consumers post-release. I'd say it has higher chances at surprising critics in a very positive note than not, which would make the crow chewing all the more sweeter.

Speaking of graphics fidelity, i honestly cannot in my life understand how people find FFXV's visuals inferior to Uncharted 4.

What what the game is pulling off at the moment, i legitimately feel the former blows the latter away in many visual aspects (not dissing ND here, TLOU was fucking amazing and the amount of technical prowess in their games is nothing but outstanding).

Last edited:

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Speaking of graphics fidelity, i honestly cannot in my life understand how people find FFXV's visuals inferior to Uncharted 4.
Because people confuse the difference between pre-baked lighting and real time lighting and they think that somehow Uncharted is better when it's in a completely different ball park. If FFXV had pre-baked lighting, it would look better than Uncharted anyways.