Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
In other words, what you're saying is, in the made up version in your head, they did something shady. Even thought you have zero evidence of that except for your own personal imagination.

Or, basically, you had a dream last night that Tabata was evil. Either way, it's 100% completely useless argumentative bullshit with no conversational value at ALL.

TwoDotsO

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 30, 2016
You do realize that I specifically said that I didn't think this was done as a chance to make it into DLC, right?

My point was still that cut content is cut content no matter what. Being reinstated even as DLC doesn't change that it was cut. The characters were originally set to be playable, it was then decided to only have Noctis be fully playable. It was cut. End of story. It might sound cynical, but that's not it. I'm just stating an obvious fact. The option was originally cut and while these episodes are making them playable, that doesn't mean it is going to extend past those episodes and into the main game.
Not only are you pretty much repeating your previous comment, you're also completely ignoring my comment.

I'm explicitly and specifically criticizing your usage of "cut content".

Edit: It doesn't add anything constructive to the conversation. You're resorting to "Hey man, I didn't mean anything by using these provocative and controversial words!" You know exactly why you're using those words. You're either doing that for the sake of being argumentative, or you're doing so because you're trying to attribute malice towards the actions of SE.

NemesisSP

ShinRa SOLDIER
Dec 1, 2013
Not only are you pretty much repeating your previous comment, you're also completely ignoring my comment.

I'm explicitly and specifically criticizing your usage of "cut content".
You're absolutely entitled to, but that doesn't change anything. The original intention was to have them playable, they aren't now. Trying to argue about it is pointless. I'm not interested in debating whether this was the right thing or not, or about customizing the characters to fit a certain battle strategy or make them feel playable. I'm only noting that a specific gameplay element (playable party members) was cut from the main game. That is it. Nothing more. You are arguing semantics over something that we all know was specifically stated to be removed by Tabata.

TwoDotsO

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 30, 2016
Trying to argue about it is pointless. I'm not interested in debating whether this was the right thing or not, or about customizing the characters to fit a certain thing.
Yet you are arguing about it.

And not, it's not "that's it, nothing more". You're making controversial and provocative statements while being fully aware of it. Read the edit of my previous comment: you're either doing so for the sake of being argumentative, and trying to back down now since you don't have a retort. Or you're doing so in order to attribute malice to the intents of SE. Nothing no one ever says, especially in this context and with the usage of such provocative terms, is done "just because". There's always an intent behind these statements.

NemesisSP

ShinRa SOLDIER
Dec 1, 2013
I don't care. The only reason it seems controversial is because you simply don't w
Yet you are arguing about it.

And not, it's not "that's it, nothing more". You're making controversial and provocative statements while being fully aware of it. Read the edit of my previous comment: you're either doing so for the sake of being argumentative, and trying to back down now since you don't have a retort. Or you're doing so in order to attribute malice to the intents of SE. Nothing no one ever says, especially in this context and with the usage of such provocative terms, is done "just because". There's always an intent behind these statements.
Whatever

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
What´s the problem with the DLC being "originally cut content stuff"? If it´s stuff that it´s abscense is not detrimental to the overall product and is made downloadable later down the line there should be no problem.

EDIT: In a game with over 5 years development cycle (production began in septermber 2011) there´re bound to be stuff that couldn´t make the final cut, DLC is their way of making what they couldn´t make under their time & budget constraint real.

NemesisSP

ShinRa SOLDIER
Dec 1, 2013
What´s the problem with the DLC being "originally cut content stuff"? If it´s stuff that it´s abscense is not detrimental to the overall product and is made downloadable later down the line there should be no problem.
I have no idea. I was only pointing out that something was still cut. Nothing more. It was cut and it was admitted to being cut.

Either way, we need to move past it.

TwoDotsO

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 30, 2016
I have no idea. I was only pointing out that something was still cut. Nothing more. It was cut and it was admitted to being cut.

Either way, we need to move past it.
What was the intent of you pointing that out? In your PM to me you accuse me of not being able to handle a negative opinion. So you admit that you mentioning that is a negative opinion. Why do you think it's a negative opinion?

NemesisSP

ShinRa SOLDIER
Dec 1, 2013
What was the intent of you pointing that out? In your PM to me you accuse me of not being able to handle a negative opinion. So you admit that you mentioning that is a negative opinion. Why do you think it's a negative opinion?
EDIT: In a game with over 5 years development cycle (production began in septermber 2011) there´re bound to be stuff that couldn´t make the final cut, DLC is their way of making what they couldn´t make under their time & budget constraint real.

They said it best.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
What? How is that at all an answer to my question?

You have yet to address any comment I made in response to yours. If you don't want to discuss things, then why are you even here?
He won't, dude. He doesn't have a point. This is not the first time he's shit all over this board, either. This will go on forever if you don't just ignore him. You'll just go round and round in circles.

NemesisSP

ShinRa SOLDIER
Dec 1, 2013
What? How is that at all an answer to my question?

You have yet to address any comment I made in response to yours. If you don't want to discuss things, then why are you even here?
As I said, I'm not going to continue this conversation, or at least that's what I want to say. And the point of a forum is to share ones thoughts and if they want to be in a conversation or discussion they can be. If they don't want to be in a discussion, they can choose not to be part of it. I chose to share an opinion, but not be part of a discussion. I started a thread in another section so I could have an actual discussion.

You are derailing this thread, which is about general news because you don't like a point I made about cut content still being cut content. Some things are cut, that's the way it is in games, especially when they switch directors. Pointing out that something billed as DLC that wasn't built from cut content is only half true when part of that DLC includes content that was so obviously cut is not a negative. You are just taking it as a negative because you don't like my comment and as I pointed it out to you, you can't go on about negativity while a guy who tells people (not in private but in public places) that they are delusional and basically have no right to their opinion. My opinion is that the DLC is false advertising only because it says it doesn't include cut content despite Prompto, Ignis and Gladious being playable in the main game being a cut option.

And yet I still don't care whether you like it. I'm only answer this because you're so insistent for whatever reason.

TwoDotsO

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 30, 2016
You made another comment in which you again are still arguing about the same topic, while claiming you don't care about the topic and don't want to argue about the topic.

The only thing you're doing is repeating your point and your point alone while telling everyone else that you don't care about their points. You're resorting to personal attacks and straw man arguments just so you can avoid having to actually respond to arguments, but you still keep responding by repeating your points.

You can't have your cake and eat it as well.

NemesisSP

ShinRa SOLDIER
Dec 1, 2013
You made another comment in which you again are still arguing about the same topic, while claiming you don't care about the topic and don't want to argue about the topic.

The only thing you're doing is repeating your point and your point alone while telling everyone else that you don't care about their points. You're resorting to personal attacks and straw man arguments just so you can avoid having to actually respond to arguments, but you still keep responding by repeating your points.

You can't have your cake and eat it as well.
Again, whatever.