Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

NemesisSP

ShinRa SOLDIER
Dec 1, 2013
Guys please, at this point it would be better if this conversation could be taken to PM.
I'm not interested in this conversation. As I've stated, I think it is pointless. I didn't post that comment to have a discussion, simply to make a point. He doesn't like my point, that's fine. He's rather insistent even though I keep telling him I don't want to discuss it.

So please, do not mistake what I am saying. I really really and truly don't care about this conversation. It is a total non issue to me.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Nobody should care how many likes other people have. We are not here for circlejerks. No one should be discouraged because their opinions are not popular.
Except that "likes" here flow any time someone makes a good point about something. Obviously, it shouldn't an kind of end-all-be-all, but the way the likes flow on this site, 12 out of 97 is a pretty shitty signal to noise ratio.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
I think the Like metric is pretty strong, and it definitely doesn't have anything to do with me having the most likes on this site...! :cool:

By the way, I saw a lot of new enemies in that trailer. Cocatrice, Bicorn, maybe Mushufushu, possibly Seadevil, most definitely Kujata. In case it wasn't obvious, this is definitely the earlier areas of the game near the Cleigne region which is the region Lestallum is in.

I've been playing Final Fantasy X again lately, and seeing all the different enemy types here in just one area alone is a breath of fresh air, as FFX has all the same few enemies just reskinned... There's a ton of different enemies just in one region alone.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Nobody should care how many likes other people have. We are not here for circlejerks. No one should be discouraged because their opinions are not popular.
Oh, and I am going to make this absolutely, positively 100% clear. This has NOTHING to do with someone's opinion being unpopular. It actually has nothing to do with opinion at all. Nothing. It's about posters who constantly move goalposts and shitpost nonsensical argumentative bullshit, then keep circling around and around so they can never be wrong.

Like I said upthread. You are certainly free to dislike DLC all you want. Just don't pretend you have some kind of nuanced point about it. If you have a legitimate point, post it. If you have a legitimate reason to believe that SE is being dishonest, post it. But, there isn't one, at least not yet. So, it boils down to some kind of post-facto justification why the poster doesn't like what's going on here, without just admitting it's because they just don't like DLC. This would be fine if deconstructing those arguments doesn't always come back to "quit attacking me for having a different opinion". That's a straw man.

Assuming a company is lying to you because you don't like DLC is not an argument. It's not an opinion. It's stupid, prejudicial argumentative bullshit and has no conversational value whatsoever.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
I think the Like metric is pretty strong, and it definitely doesn't have anything to do with me having the most likes on this site...! :cool:
lol.

But, you have those "likes" because you are constantly making good points. It's not anything close to an objective measurement of anything, but it does correlate.

In any case, that was me shitposting my own self anyway. It wasn't meant to be a rational argument, but it also wasn't even necessary. I just get frustrated dealing with these kinds of people.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Jesus, I've seen it. Clickbait journalism at its finest.
I was kinda pissed that it registered as "news" enough to show up on my google feed. What a pile of garbage that was. It's funny, though, because it was so insulting to both side's intelligence that it actually united both sides against that one dude.

The state of journalism right now is legit scary, TBH.

Omegataco

PSICOM Soldier
Apr 1, 2016
I was kinda pissed that it registered as "news" enough to show up on my google feed. What a pile of garbage that was. It's funny, though, because it was so insulting to both side's intelligence that it actually united both sides against that one dude.

The state of journalism right now is legit scary, TBH.
I'm guilty of clicking on the article also. It's okay though because I had my ad blocker on.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Did I miss something?
Oh boy did you. lol. Nothing of substance or anything, just something funny.

Now, before I link this, I need to make it absolutely clear that this is the dumbest thing you'll ever read no matter what side of the fence you are on. Personally, I would say I lean feminist and can't stand GamerGater conspiracy theorists. But, this is the guy they've been imagining all this time.

Anyway, what makes it funny is that while this guy was trying to bait people into sounding sexist, Lulcilid was one of the people quoted.

http://www.themarysue.com/final-ly-fed-up-why-are-final-fantasy-xv-fans-so-anti-woman/

Click at your own risk. I wouldn't worry about giving clicks to clickbait sites as I'm pretty sure everyone on both sides is ripping this one apart for as long as it's funny and forgetting their existence. It's funny, because in their attempt to stir the pot, they actually caused some of the more rational and level headed conversations on gamefaqs that I have ever seen. It backfired so much, it actually caused the fanbase to unite for a minute.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Nice catch! Awesome!

Oh boy did you. lol. Nothing of substance or anything, just something funny.

Now, before I link this, I need to make it absolutely clear that this is the dumbest thing you'll ever read no matter what side of the fence you are on. Personally, I would say I lean feminist and can't stand GamerGater conspiracy theorists. But, this is the guy they've been imagining all this time.

Anyway, what makes it funny is that while this guy was trying to bait people into sounding sexist, Lulcilid was one of the people quoted.

http://www.themarysue.com/final-ly-fed-up-why-are-final-fantasy-xv-fans-so-anti-woman/

Click at your own risk. I wouldn't worry about giving clicks to clickbait sites as I'm pretty sure everyone on both sides is ripping this one apart for as long as it's funny and forgetting their existence. It's funny, because in their attempt to stir the pot, they actually caused some of the more rational and level headed conversations on gamefaqs that I have ever seen. It backfired so much, it actually caused the fanbase to unite for a minute.
I think I'll save my brain cells this time, thanks!

No, but really, that's pretty hilarious and also stupid at the same time.

Verpic15

Balamb Garden Freshman
Mar 15, 2014
I wish there would be old version of Regis and Stella skin in the expansion pack. And also availabe to switch characters while in any situations. It will be awesome for old VERSUS fans