Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
I wish there would be old version of Regis and Stella skin in the expansion pack. And also availabe to switch characters while in any situations. It will be awesome for old VERSUS fans
Switching characters just not viable, as discussed ad nauseam on the forums. I don't like the idea of a Stella skin, the old Regis... eh, maybe, but we are going to see young Regis in the game anyways.

Curious question for you guys, what do you think of the Critical State status when Noctis' HP reaches 0 compared to how KH does it?
Certainly better than how KH does it, I much prefer getting a fighting chance in these situations, much like having a last resort ability that FF usually has like reraise or something. Also, eating away at your max HP is good, it allows deaths to still have meaning, and unless you have items to restore your max health on you, then you need to camp to recoup, which means you need to question whether or not to rest early and lose your current buffs etc. Especially if you got a really good meal that was tough to make.

There's a lot that goes into the HP in this game, and I like it a lot.

I hope I'm not opening old wounds by bringing up this again but I feel controlling other party members wouldn't change the overall experience. It wouldn't add to it and certainly wouldn't take from it. If anything, having total control over party members would make it less challenging. Making their moves unpredictable, albeit offensive/defensive but still unpredictable, would be more challenging and leave room for surprises and turns. Should Square decide to make Donald and Goofy unplayable would people react the same way they did as with ffxv?

I hope I'm not opening old wounds by bringing up this again but I feel controlling other party members wouldn't change the overall experience. It wouldn't add to it and certainly wouldn't take from it. If anything, having total control over party members would make it less challenging. Making their moves unpredictable, albeit offensive/defensive but still unpredictable, would be more challenging and leave room for surprises and turns. Should Square decide to make Donald and Goofy unplayable would people react the same way they did as with ffxv?
They are unplayable, which is why I'm 100% fine with the Bro's being NPCs... They did it well with KH, and they'll do it well with XV

On a side note, FFXII had all playable characters. Once the gambits are set, I only ever use the party leaders to play, which in essence means only 2 characters are playable. The story gives them all equal footing though so it makes sense that I can play who I want. Noctis is superior to the bros for a reason, and him being the only playable character fits perfectly.

They are unplayable, which is why I'm 100% fine with the Bro's being NPCs... They did it well with KH, and they'll do it well with XV

On a side note, FFXII had all playable characters. Once the gambits are set, I only ever use the party leaders to play, which in essence means only 2 characters are playable. The story gives them all equal footing though so it makes sense that I can play who I want. Noctis is superior to the bros for a reason, and him being the only playable character fits perfectly.
It's weird that people want to defend the lack of a playable party so badly... I personally think XV is missing something integral by not including it. Nobody cares about Donald and Goofy because they're weird cartoon characters in a game series that's been established from the beginning as having one playable character- and that in recent titles has even branched out to multiple playable characters! Meanwhile, you have Final Fantasy XV which has three totally rad dudes with their own slew of powers who would make excellent additions to a playable party. Gladiolus is even canonically strong enough to hold back Titan and Noctis is not superior to his party members in many ways going by in-game stats.

(Image translated by the fantastic @LeonBlade sorry I'm using it for evil I know you don't agree)

Here we can see that when it comes to raw stats, Noctis actually isn't much of a standout in his party. He's the third strongest in terms of attack power (Prompto even beats him how embarrassing) and he's the very weakest when it comes to defensive power. Thankfully, he's the second toughest in terms of HP but it's pretty clear that the party members can pull their own weight- especially if you've been paying attention to recent footage.

TwoDotsO

Clan Centurio Member
I don't it's very rational to compare these 4 based on stats alone. From a story point alone it's established that Noctis has so much more going on with him than simply how strong, fast, resilient, etc. he is.

For starters he can call Astrals, he can make multiple weapons appear out of nowhere (while the others only have 2), he can cast magic, etc. A few points in some stats for gameplay reasons isn't indicative of Noctis' true power when compared to the others.

It's weird that people want to defend the lack of a playable party so badly... I personally think XV is missing something integral by not including it. Nobody cares about Donald and Goofy because they're weird cartoon characters in a game series that's been established from the beginning as having one playable character- and that in recent titles has even branched out to multiple playable characters! Meanwhile, you have Final Fantasy XV which has three totally rad dudes with their own slew of powers who would make excellent additions to a playable party. Gladiolus is even canonically strong enough to hold back Titan and Noctis is not superior to his party members in many ways going by in-game stats.

(Image translated by the fantastic @LeonBlade sorry I'm using it for evil I know you don't agree)

Here we can see that when it comes to raw stats, Noctis actually isn't much of a standout in his party. He's the third strongest in terms of attack power (Prompto even beats him how embarrassing) and he's the very weakest when it comes to defensive power. Thankfully, he's the second toughest in terms of HP but it's pretty clear that the party members can pull their own weight- especially if you've been paying attention to recent footage.
Exactly it's your personal opinion. Don't call people weird because they have an opinion that differs from yours. ESPECIALLY when your argument can be countered in exactly the same way you're arguing against my opinion. This is a place for discussion, not for arguing.

Please stop. Wait for SE to make an announcement.

Exactly it's your personal opinion. Don't call people weird because they have an opinion that differs from yours. ESPECIALLY when your argument can be countered in exactly the same way you're arguing against my opinion. This is a place for discussion, not for arguing.

Please stop. Wait for SE to make an announcement.
Wow that's really needlessly aggressive! Strange that you would argue for discussion and then not discuss my points but scold me for having them. I didn't call anybody "weird" either! I said it's odd that people would argue against a cool feature like party control, not that those people were odd. If you want to get all defensive that's cool too, though.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Reporting that multiple sources corroborating the rumors is news. They should be 'waiting for official word'. It's news. Maybe holding off on the word 'confirmed' in favor of 'corroborated' or something, but that reaction looked a little defensive to me. Just from an outside perspective.

I am okay with the delay if it means more polish and debugging. 2 months is a good amount of extra time for this. I am happy that we at least get Kingsglaive soon to tide us over and I also have quite a few games to play in the mean time. No worries.